IDENTIFIED-Tawni Lee Mazzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking back and reading through some things...amazed at how many missing where compared to Tawni's stats...we had just been going through all them again in the beginning of August, someone had brough up that Coral Hall was not on the ruled out list:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61834
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2469473&postcount=21
christine2448 said:
Nope...I didn't see her there....you all can double check me but.....I just went through possible matches thread and marked ruled out on everyone you FREAKIN' ROCKIN' SLEUTHERS discussed....

I suggest that if they don't have RULED OUT in their thread we should bring them up again, do side by side pic, side by side stats, and decide if we should submit.

Yes?

If only she had been listed...if only they had took a report.

I was looking back and reading through some things...amazed at how many missing where compared to Tawni's stats...we had just been going through all them again in the beginning of August, someone had brough up that Coral Hall was not on the ruled out list:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61834

If only she had been listed...if only they had took a report.

Well, this just goes to show how much more work we have to do! All the babies we found while looking for Tawni still need our help!

Was Tawni buried or cremated? If she was buried, does the family get to exhume her and bury her where they choose? So they can visit her forever, and shower her with flowers on her birthday and christmas?

Was Tawni buried or cremated? If she was buried, does the family get to exhume her and bury her where they choose? So they can visit her forever, and shower her with flowers on her birthday and christmas?
IIUC she is in an unmarked crypt. She will be removed from crypt (IIUC) and family is still to decide. I believe the concensus is cremation.

We are in close contact with family and promise to update you with all of this...they are all just arriving and much to be discussed. Please keep them in your prayers.

After all of the amazing developments....wow.

How can you all be considered "amateur" sleuths?
More like masters.

Well done, and welcome home, Tawni.

I am so proud of all of you for working so hard on Tawni's case. You never gave up, and you worked so hard to identify this precious young girl. You amaze me, and I am proud to be a member here.

My prayers to Tawni's family. I hope you find answers, and most of all, I pray that you find peace ! :blowkiss:

"If only she had been listed...if only they had took a report."

I think we all feel 100 percent we would have found her. Heck, Suzi would have found her. I can only imagine how many times the same matches were sent in. Not every unidentified person gets a list of who has been ruled out posted on their case, let alone a very long one! And WS folks did an excellent job on working on her case. I am excited to help here.

I was thinking about an unidentified girl in Washington, old case, 1977 I think. Recently the detectives tried to make a new push, got a composite sketch. It made the news for all of 10 seconds. Now, I am having visions of me standing on the freeway with a huge board showing her pic and a bit of info. Theres a way to find who they belong too, we need to make the effort. New ideas, creativity. I think I will make a post of her on here. Since Tawni's case is solved, I need a new case to search for.

I would also like to ask Tawni's family, how could we have found you? Is there anything in retrospect we could have done? Maybe one day, when the days are not so difficult, they can help us answer that.

Aw you guys look how many unidentified women are in Arizona alone and this is just who is listed on UDRS
https://identifyus.org/?p=search&s=results&n=1&sb=DateFound_DESC
Lets find them!

"If only she had been listed...if only they had took a report."

I think we all feel 100 percent we would have found her. Heck, Suzi would have found her. I can only imagine how many times the same matches were sent in. Not every unidentified person gets a list of who has been ruled out posted on their case, let alone a very long one! And WS folks did an excellent job on working on her case. I am excited to help here.

I was thinking about an unidentified girl in Washington, old case, 1977 I think. Recently the detectives tried to make a new push, got a composite sketch. It made the news for all of 10 seconds. Now, I am having visions of me standing on the freeway with a huge board showing her pic and a bit of info. Theres a way to find who they belong too, we need to make the effort. New ideas, creativity. I think I will make a post of her on here. Since Tawni's case is solved, I need a new case to search for.

I would also like to ask Tawni's family, how could we have found you? Is there anything in retrospect we could have done? Maybe one day, when the days are not so difficult, they can help us answer that.

Aw you guys look how many unidentified women are in Arizona alone and this is just who is listed on UDRS
https://identifyus.org/?p=search&s=results&n=1&sb=DateFound_DESC
Lets find them!

Hi EmilyE - great to have you here with us!!! What a wonderful idea to ask Tawni's family for their input. It's hard to believe any stone was left unturned on this case, but 9 1/2 years is a long time and there are so many others out there who have remained UID's for much longer.:)

Hi Fairy :) Nice to meet ya.

Well we know at times we had people on the ground in Arizona searching from ATI. Also all the posting on internet sites and things. But, we just managed to miss this family. We do know now that if we had kept pounding in Arizona eventually we should have ran into them or someone who knew them.

This leads me to believe, more of us on the streets with flyers, more of us writing to newspapers for letters to the editor, more of us posting on sites, will make the difference. But I will take my thoughts to the new case :) Doesn't really belong here. This case has shown me though, it is lack of media attention and people on the ground that can lose a persons name forever. The family's can't possibly do it all on their own for various reasons.

Hi Fairy :) Nice to meet ya.

Well we know at times we had people on the ground in Arizona searching from ATI. Also all the posting on internet sites and things. But, we just managed to miss this family. We do know now that if we had kept pounding in Arizona eventually we should have ran into them or someone who knew them.

This leads me to believe, more of us on the streets with flyers, more of us writing to newspapers for letters to the editor, more of us posting on sites, will make the difference. But I will take my thoughts to the new case :) Doesn't really belong here. This case has shown me though, it is lack of media attention and people on the ground that can lose a persons name forever. The family's can't possibly do it all on their own for various reasons.

You know, you're right. Now that this case is solved, and Tawni has her name back, we can't really go back in time to make any changes in the sequence of events to have gotten her name back to her sooner. But the lack of media attention on Tawni's case really frustrated me for a long time. There are always a ton of "high profile" cases widespread throughout CNN and Fox News, and many people become interested in them and it clues the citizens in and gives them ideas, thus more of those cases become solved. That's a very good question to Tawni's family.. what could have helped ID Tawni quicker had the media taken more interest in her case? What could have helped ID Tawni quicker that we, as concerned "sleuthers" could have done? I think that would give us very good insight on what action should be taken with other cases. Welcome Emily, btw.

I'm very proud to be a member of this amazing community.

Thank you so much to all the hard working sleuthers who made this end result a possiblity. I have followed your work diligently as a lurker and constantly admired you all.

Thank you and Bless You All.

To Tawni's Family, my thoughts and prayers are with you, I'm so glad you have Tawni Back.

You know, you're right. Now that this case is solved, and Tawni has her name back, we can't really go back in time to make any changes in the sequence of events to have gotten her name back to her sooner. But the lack of media attention on Tawni's case really frustrated me for a long time. There are always a ton of "high profile" cases widespread throughout CNN and Fox News, and many people become interested in them and it clues the citizens in and gives them ideas, thus more of those cases become solved. That's a very good question to Tawni's family.. what could have helped ID Tawni quicker had the media taken more interest in her case? What could have helped ID Tawni quicker that we, as concerned "sleuthers" could have done? I think that would give us very good insight on what action should be taken with other cases. Welcome Emily, btw.

Actually, it think there was an amazing amount of media done on this case at the time of the incident. I had a discussion with an ME in WA state regarding UID's and she said that the biggest roadblock to ID is the family in a way-this does not mean the family should be blamed, so hear me out. She said the family's inability to consider that their loved one might be dead even at the outset of searching lengthens the window of time that passes to ID.

In this case, it took one brave sibling to decide that he would check the UNIDEN information out there-and he saw his sister immediately. What a heartbreak.

I looked through all the possible matches you guys posted, and I had my doubts about all of them. If Tawni was shown, I (along with many many of you) would have picked her out right away.

I'm so angry that LE refused a report! She was 17! NOT an adult!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500