If Terri truly had no part in Kyron's disappearance...

I honestly think that the answer to the question raised in the OP of this thread is only if he is found and clues found along with him point LE in the right direction, overtly or otherwise. Think of Morgan Harrington, until she was found a then recently when forensic evidence connected her case with another, police had pretty much big fat nothing and that wouldn't have changed, IMO, without her having been found. I think its the same with Kyron, actually whether or not TH had anything to do with it. I don't think she's going to talk, ever and I am starting to suspect that although they're doing a bang up job looking, LE hasn't found anything yet to even circumstantially prove she was involved. It might be getting to the point of being pretty unlikely they'll find that proof till they find him and who knows how that will ever happen. But I do think it will... eventually.

I don't understand why the teacher never went and looked for Kyron when he didn't come back after what she thought was him just getting a drink of water.

TH could be an incredible narcissist, could have no qualms whatsoever about a sexual liason behind her husbands back now and then should the opportunity arise. She could be a despicable woman who came in between Dy and KH's marriage while DY was pregnant, and caused the whole divorce, we have no idea. Maybe Kyron being under her care, plus her romance and marriage to Kaine was a "ha ha, I win" in TH's mind. She not only won DY's husband but her child as well. Maybe shes just a vindictive B**** like that, we don't know.
Maybe she was so unhappy in her marriage, or mentally unbalanced, or whatever, that she planned to have Kaine killed. Or at least made a weak attempt at a plan. Maybe has some nefarious activities shes been involved in that caused her to lie about where she really was after the science fair that day. Maybe she has no knowledge or involvement in Kyrons disappearance at all and is now losing her marriage, her home, her own biological daughter, her older son, Kyrons gone, she has no job or prospects for any way to support herself because she has ruined her own reputation as someone who could be trusted to be a FT teacher due to her child endangerment problem & DUI. Plus, we have een told several times by people who know her very well (KH, DY, TY) that she is a consummate liar. Terris friends praise her mothering, etc but did they know shes a liar most of the time about matters large and small, and that her wonderful mothering could have been a big charade?

If innocent of anything to do with Kyron, this would make TH the most unlucky person in the world right now. I am not a betting person but I would place the odds on her being involved. jmo

will the real perp ever be caught?

I know that according to the new poll, most people think she is guilty or involved, but if she is not...will LE ever catch up with the real offender, with so much effort being expended on what Terri did that day, etc...? Is Terri being guilty the best chance to have a resolution in this case?

I think it depends on Kyron being found.

If he is never located, then I believe that it would be very difficult for LE to prove that anyone else did it. On the other hand, based on the information so far, I think it would be far from easy to prove that TMH did it, either.

Basically, it is one of those maddening cases with so little real evidence that it may well be unsolvable.

Even if Kyron is found, not alive, there may be no evidence tying him to anyone. It depends upon the motivation, I think. It's entirely possible that no DNA would be involved, or found. Also, as late as it is now, cause of death may not be even be something that can be determined. Location may be a clue, but if he is found close to the school, that leaves the field of possible suspect wide open. (All assuming Terri was not seen leaving with Kyron.)

I agree focusing entirely on her would be a mistake. But I have heard so many times on TV crime shows that they start w/ family and ppl close to the victim and work their way out, clearing & eliminating ppl along the way. They apparently are stuck at TH, they cannot eliminate her for a variety of reasons. I hope they are still looking elsewhere. But not being able to eliminate TH is a BIG problem. JMO

I agree. I think it would be a mistake and I do not think that's what LE has done. All the parents were extensively interviewed and all polygraphed. LE spent a huge amount of time searching around the school, etc. but it does appear TH has not been eliminated as the current focus.
W@e just don't know everything LE has done or is doing but clearly they have found things that give rise to some real questions regarding TH.
If she is not the guilty party, I believe this is still a solvable case. I think it will be solved and Kyron found. I think the perp will be identified by LE. I really feel that. I think LE is doing a lot of hard work and investigating all possibilities.
Some criticize their focus and statements, but I think it is important to note that nothing stated by Kyron's family has been stated officially by LE. They are keeping tight-lipped, as they should be during this investigation.

Even if Kyron is found, not alive, there may be no evidence tying him to anyone. It depends upon the motivation, I think. It's entirely possible that no DNA would be involved, or found. Also, as late as it is now, cause of death may not be even be something that can be determined. Location may be a clue, but if he is found close to the school, that leaves the field of possible suspect wide open. (All assuming Terri was not seen leaving with Kyron.)

And, even if there is DNA evidence found on Kyron's body, especially Terri's DNA, well, she's his stepmother and you'd expect to find her DNA on him. That's why I always reference a container traceable to Terri, because other physical evidence could be reasonably explained away by virtue of them living together. A container she owned containing his body is less explainable, though, obviously.

At this point we're six weeks out, and I worry about the preservation of physical evidence regardless of who is responsible.

If he is never located, then I believe that it would be very difficult for LE to prove that anyone else did it. On the other hand, based on the information so far, I think it would be far from easy to prove that TMH did it, either.

Basically, it is one of those maddening cases with so little real evidence that it may well be unsolvable.

Gosh, how do you know that? We don't know what evidence there is in this case. LE is in the middle of an investigation and possibly building a criminal case. To my knowledge, they have yet to release one piece of evidence or have given any statements at all regarding what they have or don't.
It takes a long time to build a solid case. They could have a slew of evidence that they are putting together and using to solve this case.

will the real perp ever be caught?

I know that according to the new poll, most people think she is guilty or involved, but if she is not...will LE ever catch up with the real offender, with so much effort being expended on what Terri did that day, etc...? Is Terri being guilty the best chance to have a resolution in this case?

I had another thought, as well.

If TMH is proven to be factually innocent, I believe that a review of the case files will reveal that leads were overlooked or discounted very early on that will seem to obviously point to someone else.

That's the nature of investigative tunnel vision. At the time, everything seems so obvious and any evidence that falls outside the tunnel vision is immediately discounted.

After investigative tunnel vision wears off, though, all the evidence starts to look very, very different.

As an example: I was thinking about the Christopher Danby/Shane Walker cases the other day. Those two disappearances took place in the same park and involved the same brother/sister pair playing with each of them just minutes before they disappeared. Even though police have repeatedly said that they do not believe those two children were involved, well, it's hard to overlook, isn't it?

And yet, if those two cases are ever solved and the brother/sister pair were not connected in any way, then it will seem obvious that their involvement was just a coincidence.

Hindsight is wonderful.

And that is what I am concerned about: that there may be some evidence or leads that are currently being discounted that are actually the solution to the mystery of Kyron's disappearance.

I agree. I think it would be a mistake and I do not think that's what LE has done. All the parents were extensively interviewed and all polygraphed. LE spent a huge amount of time searching around the school, etc. but it does appear TH has not been eliminated as the current focus.
W@e just don't know everything LE has done or is doing but clearly they have found things that give rise to some real questions regarding TH.
If she is not the guilty party, I believe this is still a solvable case. I think it will be solved and Kyron found. I think the perp will be identified by LE. I really feel that. I think LE is doing a lot of hard work and investigating all possibilities.
Some criticize their focus and statements, but I think it is important to note that nothing stated by Kyron's family has been stated officially by LE. They are keeping tight-lipped, as they should be during this investigation.

ITA LE is under no obligation to tell anyone anything about their investigation. There focus is finding Kyron. I have no doubts that they try to deal kindly with the victim's family but I really have a difficult time believing that LE gives minute details of their investigation to anyone.

Have a little faith, folks. IMO LE are still working hard on this case, for Kyron's sake.

i dont think so. This case is similar to Haleigh Cummings in the beginning. All the questions pointed towards the mother figure, who was the last one seen with the child. Its still unknow what happen to her and it seems if Terri doesnt know anything, and kyron is found alive withthe lack of evidence(DNA) on him, we may never find out. Still hoping hes found alive!

ITA LE is under no obligation to tell anyone anything about their investigation. There focus is finding Kyron. I have no doubts that they try to deal kindly with the victim's family but I really have a difficult time believing that LE gives minute details of their investigation to anyone.

Have a little faith, folks. IMO LE are still working hard on this case, for Kyron's sake.

yea theres know way that the victims family is going to know all the information LE knows. It may tampering with the investigation if they accidentally leak the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainneDhu

BBM for this particular post

Gosh, how do you know that? We don't know what evidence there is in this case. LE is in the middle of an investigation and possibly building a criminal case. To my knowledge, they have yet to release one piece of evidence or have given any statements at all regarding what they have or don't.
It takes a long time to build a solid case. They could have a slew of evidence that they are putting together and using to solve this case.

I did say "based on the information so far" by which I meant the information available to the general public.

Obviously, I have no way of knowing what other information LE has.

LE may have a lot of evidence or they may have nothing at all. Right now, I have no way of knowing. I can only venture a guess based on what I do know right now.

At this point, regardless of whether or not Terri is guilty, I doubt the ability of LE to solve this case. IMHO, if Kyron's body is found and he is in a container that can be traced to the Horman home or to Terri (or anyone else) through receipts, then that may help solidify a case against her and/or the perpetrators of this crime.

We know LE do not have evidence of a murder, so either Kyron is alive and being held against his will somewhere, or he is deceased and there is, for now, no evidence to link Terri to his murder. If Kyron is deceased, then a murder scene exists somewhere, and the longer evidence is exposed to the elements the less likely it will be of any value in prosecuting this case.

I also wonder why LE, DY, and TY so strongly believe there has to be an accomplice. This scenario is nearly unfathomable to me. My rationale for them so strongly believing this possibility is that Terri must have passed, to the great surprise of everyone, some key portions of her polygraph directly related to Kyron's abduction and welfare. I've always strongly believed Terri only failed the portion of her polygraph that related to where she was that day. I'm sure LE asked if she abducted and harmed Kyron, and it is my belief that at minimum, she did not show deceptive with regard to harming him, which explains the insistence of LE, DY, and TY that Kyron is alive. If they are convinced she set up this abduction or carried it out, then they'd be convinced she knew of his welfare. Her polygraph must indicate she was being truthful about not knowing if he is deceased, which would explain why DY and KH are insistent that he is alive. They trust the polygraph about her deception, which I am convinced has something to do with her whereabouts, so it stands to reason that they would trust it if she showed truthful about Kyron's welfare. And, yet, this polygraph evidence makes zero sense to me. The only way I can explain it is if she is innocent, she lied about her whereabouts that morning because she was fearful about what may have been revealed, and she's held onto and continued to protect the lie for whatever reason. It is so improbable to me that there is an accomplice.

This works out only a few ways in my mind -- If Terri is a sociopath, how could she pass the "What happened to Kyron?" portion of her polygraph but fail the "Where were you that morning?" portion? If she's guilty, either she completely fails because she's a liar but not a sociopath, or she passes everything because she's a liar and a sociopath. So, then, I have to question if she's innocent. Then I have to question if Terri is lying about where she was that day, or was she so nervous that she showed deception but she was telling the truth. Is there some other reason for the discrepancy? Or, is she lying about where she was, but telling the truth about not harming Kyron? If she didn't harm Kyron, is she guilty of his abduction? Which leads back to the accomplice theory.

Are LE, DY, and KH convinced there must be an accomplice because it's the only scenario left in which Terri can be guilty based on the evidence they have?

If she's telling the truth about not harming Kyron, then where in the hell is this child?

Thank you. Excellent point/analysis about the likely polygraph results based on what we've been told by KH/DY. :applause:

I think that same discrepancy exists with her subsequent behavior. I.e., either she's organized and stoic enough to pull off a crime of this magnitude and not "come clean" or leave any physical evidence to be readily found, or she's completely self-destructive and/or oblivious (sexting, etc.). I cannot get those two pieces to reconcile. If she were guilty and an organized-type killer, she would be making an effort to appear squeaky clean. And if she's guilty and not capable of these small efforts to appear innocent, then how on earth could she not have left some real clues or conceded her guilt by this time, with the crushing pressure being put on her?

The longer TMH does not talk, the longer a body could be out there decomposing. We saw this same kind of behavior before with KC who thought she was going to skate away --- until Caylee was found. I believe if they find Kyron dead there will be some kind of evidence that again points to TMH, and whoever helped her.

I try everyday to see this from other angles without TMH involvement, but she has been unable to come to the forefront and present herself as a caring, concerned stepmother. Today I feel more sure she must be very involved and too guilty to try to put on an act for the public.

Kyron's been gone much too long. The only hope I could have is to believe TMH was involved but wouldn't cause him harm or murder him. Hanging on to the hope that TMH cared for that little boy. I, and everyone else, is looking to her now to help find Kyron, and she's clammed up. What am I suppose to think if she can't even act like she cares?

I think tunnel vision in any case is ALWAYS A MISTAKE.

That said, I was thinking this is exactly what was going on here in this case, tunnel vision, that is. Until the recent search reported by "Roger" stating that LE had shown up at his residence wanting to know if he was a member of _________ family(name with held) and was only told by LE that they were looking into a tip about this certain unnamed family and were also in search for certain pick up trucks in that area(that area being near Skyline school)...

This leads me to believe that A) LE are going on a tip that leads in completely DIFFERENT direction than that of TMH or B) LE is going on a tip(or hunch possibly)of an associate or accomplice that is working along with TMH...
I think only time will tell which, if either are actually the case.

IMO TMH did work alone and she does NOT have him hidden (atleast not hidden alive) and I believe it was extremely planned thus the reason his little body had not been found... My prayer is that her plan(IMO already evident was NOT flawless)is that there were enough flaws in the executing of such plan that will eventually(of course the sooner the better)lead LE (or perhaps passer by, hunter, etc to stumble upon)for him to be found for much needed closure for his loved ones...

What bothers me the most, is Kyron was last seen at the school. No one that Im aware of seen him leave that school.
I constantly wonder about TH's silence. If she is what so many people believe her to be, then why is she not talking, lying to the public , or what ever. Isn't that what most sociopaths etc.... do ? Don't they normally bask in the attention. She is getting attention sure but not any good kind of attention. I used to wonder if her silence was protecting someone, but the person I thought she was protecting I can't see her protecting any longer. Then I wonder if her silence is keeping Kyron alive ???
Or is her silence because the public immediately believed her to be guilty and she really isn't, and does not feel she owes the public anything?
Always in the back of my mind I wonder about Facebook. Since the beginning, and I keep throwing it off. I wonder if she could have been stalked, because someone was interested in Kyron. I hope LE have spent time with TH investigating that possibility.

Sadly, I don't think holding a little boy for 40 days would be very likely for anyone. Anyone willing to do such a thing is not someone who could be trusted to keep the child safe and alive. I would imagine that Kyron would not be amiable to being held, and therefore the person might discipline or drug him, or even harm/kill him out of anger or frustration by now. But actually I think it is possible that someone did harm him out of anger or frustration, only it was many weeks ago.

In general, I am afraid, it is extremely hard to solve any murder not committed by a family member or known associate of the victim, and the longer the wait the harder this becomes, IMO.

If TH isn't the perp, I have a bad feeling we may have to wait until some guy gets arrested for some rape/murder in a few years and wishes to trade the location of the remains to have the DP taken off the table.

Of course, I hope my pessimism is completely wrong, and that Kyron comes home safe and the guilty party/parties are all brought to justice swiftly and securely, etc. But that really should be taken as a given for all of us, I think.

G-d bless LE - they have their work cut out for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back