If This Happened to You?

I would beat my daughter like a red-headed stepchild. She would not get away from me till I found out the truth. But she knows this. LOL.

There's language I speak! For all my attempt at staying impartial...yep! My son knows this as well. As do most of the children I know "back home."

First of all, I would never had let 31 days go by without seeing my grandaughter. CA knew on the 16th that KC had stolen money from her grandparents. When CA and KC got in the fight over the money, George or Lee should have called 911. I would never lie for my daughter. My children have been taught they must suffer the consequences of their actions. I have a daughter like KC and has done some mean things but I think she knows where to draw the line. At least, I pray she does. Once I became aware of how deeply KC was involved I would have ran NOT walked to LE and told them everything I knew. And for God's sake, bury poor little Caylee, get rid of JB and do everything to convince KC to come clean.

I would not lie for my child. For her own salvation and soul she would need to face the consequences. I would not get up in front of the media and say that she did it, or that she is a liar or anything else. I would not say anything to the media.

What I do not understand, and never will, is what the Anthony's want. They want Casey to get off and come home? And what? Have a happy little family minus Caylee? Sit around the dinner table chatting together? Maybe have another grandchild someday? I mean what would their lives look like? I just cant wrap my head around that. Because I dont believe for one second that they dont think Casey did it. They know she did and they (or Cindy at least) wants her back in spite of it, because she doesnt want to lose both her daughter and granddaughter.

Bolded by me.

ITA

If I thought for one second that my GD's life was in danger because of something her mother(my daughter) had done, you bet your arse my daughter would be in fear of losing her life! I would have had answers within minutes of me finding out something was wrong. There would have been no 31 days either.

Shaymus brings out a point that's haunted me nights as I go to sleep...as much as I love my child, if he were to go this route, would I want him to come home?

Oh hell no!!!! If my son were to come to the point that he (oh God forbid) could take my grandson out of this world, I'd still love him, but I would not want him near anyone else I love. I'd do everything I could to get him help, but I would not let him out unleashed on the world.

I'd feel a sense of failure to the depths of my toes, but I'd feel a sense of responsibility to my family and friends and community to keep him off the streets. I'd need to protect the others in my life while doing everything I could to help him while he's tucked away from doing harm to others.

I'd also have a deep fear each night before I went to sleep of the evils that could touch him while in prison, but I would HAVE to accept that and work outside to get him the help he needs.

There's more, but that's all I can express in one sitting. Dealing with the other side of this...the side where someone (abeit your child) hurt your grandchild?

I would never let a day go by without knowing where my child or grandchild was in a situation like this one. I would have followed my child around until I found her and called police if she had not had my grandchild. I can not truefully say that I would want to know the truth if my grandchild was gone, because I don't know that I could help to put my own child in prison for life or death. And if I knew the truth I would have to tell it. I am thankful everytime I hold my grandbaby and sing My SunShine to her.

First I believe I would have found her sooner. I would have called the police at the tow yard. I would try to get her committed to have her drugged to tell the truth. If she was involved in any harm to gd, I would walk away from her.

I have to add I agree with MyTee that I would not want my son home if he had done harm to any of my grandchildren. He is an only child, and I keep his children while he is overseas, so, I can truthfully say that I would still love him, but would not want him in my home.

I am in a situation right now with my son. I won't get into details but he's possibly going to face blame for what was a terrible accident. When this happened my defense for him roared, louder then I would ever have imagined. Right away I felt what Cindy and George must be feeling; that feeling of defending their child. I finally understood. What is happening in my life is no where near as tragic as Caylee dying but yet it made me realize just how far we can go for our children. Think about it. Every one of us that has a child would take a bullet for them. Would die for them, right? So what else would you do if this was happening to you? You say you wouldn't defend that child but I bet you would. It's your child. I didn't believe what I am now saying but now I get it. And believe me, it's not even close to being what Cindy and George are going through. But it’s enough to make me realize just how strong our parental feelings are. Just my 2 cents.

I would sit down with LE and obtain info of what they know to be true and not to be true. I would then sit my daughter down and question her thoroughly--would not let her leave, throw fits, etc. She would have to answer my questions. If she refused to that would be it between us until she did so. In any event, I would tell LE the truth and help in anyway I could regardless of the outcome. I was raised by very "strict yet fair" parents (as they liked to say) who put a premium on honesty and responsibility for one's actions. If we ever did anything bad they made it known they would be the first to turn us in. They used to say that if we did anything criminal it would be our choice and not have anything to do with them or how they raised us--they believed in blaming the person who committed the act and not holding anyone else accountable for your actions. I am very much my parents' daughter.

I heard a saying years ago and have carried it me.....

"I can deal with the truth - regardless of how bad it is - but I cannot deal with lies."

My support of Casey would have ended with the lies - which would have been months - or years - before Caylee disappeared.

I also would have followed up on "red flags" - if I had a gut feeling that she was lying or stealing or not working, I would have found out the truth years ago before it ever got this far.

But the one thing I would not do for anyone - whether it be a relative or best friend - is knowingly commit an offense for which I could get arrested. I personally don't think I would do well in prison because I'm pretty sure I would not have WI-FI, a DVR, or Paul Mitchell Hair products =), so for these reasons and hundreds more serious ones I could list, I will NEVER put myself in a position where I could be arrested for any reason, for anyone.

I'm not going to ruin my life by lying for anyone ever. Because if the tables were turned, do you really think the other person would put themselves in jeopardy for you?

Well, first of all, this wouldn't have happened to me, as KC would have received treatment throughout her childhood as she obviously exhibited these problems early on.

I would do everything possible to get her the help she needed, but I would not support her lies or stealing or lifestyle. I would let her live at home as long as she participate in paying rent and chores and took full responsibility for her child.

However, once she was an adult, and if the conditions continued , I would have taken her to court for custody unless she continued supervised treatment, and if needed gone for full custody of Caylee.

An adult who steals from family and others, fakes work, lives in an alternative universe and has no means of support for herself or her child would not stand a chance at retaining custody.

That said, if she disappeared with Caylee and refused contact with Caylee, I would reported this to the police upon first sign. I certainly would have called the police from the pound when the car was found.

I would not play games with her once she was located, but I would hire an attorney of solid reputation, as I would believe she was not capable of making sound decisions (this is not to say I believe her to be mentally insane) and we would need to know what we were dealing with. I just would want someone who had a thorough foundation in the law, would understand what we were dealing with in trying to find Caylee.

At this point, I would believe most likely she was playing a game, hiding Caylee and want to know where. I would bring back her therapists etc. I would not allow the media anywhere near us. Hopefully, as a team, we would learn what she was doing.

It would devastate me to learn the truth. I again would see that KC had proper representation (the idea that JB was picked because some other inmates recommended him is crazy) and I would tell her she is still my daughter, but I cannot understand what happened. Until she is ready to speak the truth, I won't be visiting or writing.

I would still not speak to media. I would see that my grandchild had a private burial and I would disappear, go away for a while. I would need to collaspe as there would be a gigantic meltdown for my daughter and granddaughter, whom I love, one who I tried for years to help have a better life and understanding, and the other who was just blossoming.

If this were to happen in my family, I would tell the truth. I would demand the truth from my child. I was raised not to lie and have tried to teach my children the same. If I ever find out they are lying...then I can not back them up...they will have to pay the price. If on the other hand they are telling me the turth I also will back them up 100% and will fight for them. About the time if I found out that my child had no job..you better believe there would be a lot of questions...let alone the decomp in the tunk of the car....I'm sorry, but all heQQ would break lose....and all of my four children know it.
As far as myself is concerned...I wouldn't want to live any longer knowing that I produced someone that could murder a innocent child. Would I commit sucide...no...I don't believe in it.. but my heart would be dead and I wouldn't want to carry on. There would be a lot of guilt and a lot of reflection.
Deb

I can only say that I know from experience that sometimes a person you love can become a cancer in your life and you must cut them out or you will die yourself literally or figuratively. But you have to come to that realization on your own schedule.

I feel quite certain that I would have known exactly who was providing daycare for my granddaughter. I would know her name, address, home phone and cell. I would know her full name and would have had a criminal background check and sex offender search for her as well as anyone living with her. I would have also done a sex offender search for her neighborhood. I would also know if my daughter was indeed working or not and I would have made it a point to meet some of her friends especially if they were going to be around my granddaughter. With that said, I don't think this whole situation would have happened to me. But if it did I know I would have found my daughter within 48 hours of not hearing from her. I would have gone to every bar, called every friend, went through every drawer, box, suitcase in her room looking for address books and phone numbers. I would have torn her room apart to find these things. If within 72 hours I had still not found her and she was driving my car. I would have called the police, reported her and my granddaughter missing as well as my car.
I would have called every phone number I had found. I would have talked to every friend of hers I could find.
If she called me but wouldn't let me talk to my granddaughter I would know immediately that something was wrong.
Once I found her I would not shut my mouth until she told me where that baby was. I would have called the police immediately and they might have arrested both of us. I don't mess around where my grandkids are concerned.
I would not cover for er or lie for her and I would insist that the police get the truth out of her. I would tell them everything I knew about her, her childhood, any suspected mental illness, anything and everything.
I would do absolutely everything the police asked me to do, voluntarily. I would give them whatever they asked for. I would be so grateful to Tim Miller, the media or anyone else who would help me search. I would beg and plead with the public to please help us find our baby girl. My face would never be without a tear and my heart would always be grateful to the media. I would walk day and night looking for our baby. I would dig through the brush and gator infested swamp. I would be right there with the other searchers...looking for her.
If the outcome was as it is with Caylee, I would never be the same and I would never be able to face my daughter. I honestly don't think I would ever want to see her again. I would fight for justice for my granddaughter even if it meant my daughters life. I honestly don't think I would ever be able to have any kind of a relationship with my daughter had she murdered my granddaughter in cold blood. I couldn't do it.

This is family on family crime. Blood of my blood, bone of my bone. Shared generational wombs, loins. If the rubber ever hits the road - it hits it here for a family - a person in that family. The very nature of it takes it far beyond a league of which I can predict in anyway what I would do.

This is a crime that few experience. This is far from common crime. The ramifications extend out there where I have never been.

I don't know what I would do in this situation. Two children. One dead. One alive and guilty. How empty would the soul be? I'm not sure I could departmentalize justice that well. Possibly I would just beg for Mercy.

At the first stage, if she had been honest, I would tell the truth and get justice for my grand daughter and help for my daughter. I would be 100% supportive and devastated. Once the lying nanny bull$*** started, I would be out. I've said it before and I stand by it. If LP got her out on Thursday night we would be planning at least one funeral by Friday morning because I would have probably beat the truth out of her. This has all been such nonsense. I would have been good to Tim and kissing his butt all through the woods and I would have NOT sat in the A/C while hundreds of people were out looking for my grand daughter. I would of course want her to come home safe, but no matter how she was to come home I would want her home NOW. I'd have not slept or ate until every square inch of the entire country had been searched for that baby. Live Caylee or not. The thought of that child out there all alone is what kept me up at night...she's not even related to me.

I know that I would NOT lie and coddle my kid like the Anthony's do. I would tell the truth and be on my kid 24/7 to tell the truth. I would seek justice for my grandchild. And I would go to the doctor to get meds - I'd need a heck of a lot of meds to process all of this. :(

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't want to be here anymore. Nothing, and I mean nothing is more important to me than my child and my family. The only way I could imagine having the will to survive is if I had the hope that my loved one was okay and I would stop at nothing to find them, but if I found out they weren't, well, you might as well put me in the looney bin because I don't think I'd be able to go on.

I agree 100%. There is no way I would even be able to get out of bed, let alone go on talk shows and do interviews etc.

I know 31 days would not have passed without me seeing where my daughter,that lived at home was staying with her. If Casey and Caylee had their own apartment,I can almost understand the length of time but since they were still living at the house, I would have tracked her down and saw my grandbaby.
I would have gotten as much attention as possible to try to track my daughters where abouts for the month and I would have welcomed TM and LP for searching for her.
I would have told my child..I love you, I have always loved you., and no matter what has happened I will continue to love you but tell me what happened and let's deal with it. You know what happened and you will tell me...if you do not want to co-operate with me then I have no recourse but to call the police and when you are ready to face the truth and tell what you know , I will be there for you.
I don't think I would put "money on the books" so she could buy shrimp cocktail and hair products.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back