If This Happened to You?

It would not have started with the words, "I haven't seen my daughter in 31 Days" as Casey stated because it would have been my responsibility to protect my grandchild from a person who is a known thief, liar, Sociopath, and worse.

If I failed my grandchild so miserably that my child ended up allegedly murdering her...I would not fail my grandchild again by covering it up or lying in any way. I would cooperate fully with the police and I would do everything possible to bring my grandchild justice. I would beg and plead for people to help me find her. I would get up every day and work side by side with the people searching to find her. I would not need a criminal defense attorney or a PR company to represent me. I would not use my grandchild or any other child for money.

While I love my children dearly and I would gladly give my life for them...I taught them to take responsibility for their actions. I would have directed them to tell the truth, held their hand as they faced the consequences, and let them know that I would always love them in spite of what they had done.

Unconditional love does not mean you would do anything for your children. It means you love them enough to stand beside them even when they do make mistakes...large and small...while they do the right thing by owning up to those mistakes.

I would beat my daughter like a red-headed stepchild. She would not get away from me till I found out the truth. But she knows this. LOL.

I'm in this group. I could not sit and listen to all the BS that comes of of KC's mouth. The "sweetie" and "love" etc. would be the last thing she heard from me...

I would have never gone 31 days without seeing my daughter AND granddaughter! Period. IF my daughter did some of the things that KC did - previous to becoming a single mother - then I would have gotten her help.

But 31 days - no way. Won't / wouldn't / couldn't EVER be done - not by this Momma Lion.

If this whole situation happened to you...what would you do?

I don't want to give further specifics, because I'd like to see what people say they'd do at each step of the way. Suffice it to say that you are the parents of this girl and the grandparents of this child, and based on what you know...what would you do?

I don't understand the Question ?

You cant be the parents and the Grandparents at the same time
Based on what I know ? Well I like everyone else only knows what we have read
so we don't really *know* like what the parent and grandparents actually know.

If this was rephrased differently it might be easier to establish where you are going with the question LOL

We don't know for sure whether the parent killed the child premed or rage or accident and then did a whole elab cover up
We don't know if the Grandparents knew or not.

its to hard to answer.

I would beat my daughter within an inch of her life. I *would* have answers. No need for press. After getting answers, I would hand her over to LE. The situation wouldn't get to 31 days either.

I can't see myself in this position.
Things would have never progressed to the level that they did in the A’s home.

You don’t wait for them to be 18 and then expect them to act like an adult when you have done nothing to teach them how to be one.

If my son didn’t do his chores and he did not have an acceptable verifiable reason for not doing them he was disciplined. There were rules and consequences. They were known upfront. Actually for that matter, if I had found out he was not graduating because of skipping school or bad grades he would be in summer school or a GED class and if he did not go he would have been out the door.
Heck when my son was in 5th grade he came home with a terrible report card. found he was watching TV in his room with headphones instead of doing homework and doing his studies. He was warned and he didn’t heed the warning. Cable was shut down for 6 months. Yeah, I didn't get to watch either but that was the last time he got bad grades. I loved him, wanted him to have the tools to do well in life but he needed to be responsible and do his part in getting a good education …I had to take responsibility as a parent to teach him consequences for actions. He needed to learn that when you don’t do what you need to do then you don’t get what you want.

If rules had continued to be broken and the consequences did not seem to have any effect I would have sought out professional help to find out why.

The first time that I would have found that my son stole money from me or anyone else his a$$ would have been hauled away by LE. He would have to answer to a judge, juvenile or otherwise. Whatever the outcome of that was and he had made arrangements to pay all the costs and restitution then I might allow him to come home but …he stepped out of line just once…he would have been on his own.

Consequences for ones actions. He knew the rules upfront. The rules did not change from day to day and he new what the consequences would be up front.
He knew if he started a fight, stole or any other thing you can think of and he ended up in jail don't even bother calling me.
You don't lie, cheat or deceive others. You get what you give. Love is an emotion not an excuse to fault others for what you have done or not done. Responsibility is an action. You are responsible for your own actions. With love comes a responsibility.

Sorry for being so long winded.

If this whole situation happened to you...what would you do?

I don't want to give further specifics, because I'd like to see what people say they'd do at each step of the way. Suffice it to say that you are the parents of this girl and the grandparents of this child, and based on what you know...what would you do?

Wow! This is quite the question. If this whole situation were to happen to me, God forbid, I can Goddamnguarantee you that I would sure as , not for one single second allow my daughter to attempt to piss in my ear and tell me it's raining. If my daughter were living with me in my home, even as an adult parent, my rules would apply. The second she even attempted to try to say that the baby was "missing" and that she was conducting her own investigation for the previous 31 days, I'd have called bullsh!t and would've been all over her a$$ and pummeling the truth out of her.

Sorry, but it's true. As for backing my daughter in this situation, well I can honestly say that I would not. I love my daughter with my whole heart and soul, but I would not attempt to defend her actions or attempt to place blame on others for my daughter's actions. Not backing/defending my daughter murdering her own child doesn't mean that I don't love her, it just means that she is responsible and should have to suffer the consequences of her impulsive/heinous actions.

I don't, for one second, believe that Cindy and George believed a single thing Casey had spewed regarding Caylee's "disappearance." They knew the split second Casey said that she hadn't seen Caylee in 31 days that that baby was dead. The car was the confirmation to back up their gut instincts. There's no way that they didn't have a terrible feeling about their grandbaby the second that Casey refused to let Caylee speak to them with her various excuses. They both knew "from day one" that there was something terribly wrong.

Waterboarding until I got the truth - followed by shooting the witch.
(fortunately, I don't have kids - or grandkids.)

I just honestly don't know. I don't have any children or grandchildren, so I think of my nieces. They are 13 and 10, I love them with all my heart and it's so hard to say because I just cannot fathom either of them ever doing such a thing. I just don't know, would I be able to view what happened objectively? Would I be able to accept that they could do something so horrific? I think it's incredibly easy to say I would never cover for them, but that is in part because I can't ever believe I would have to.

I would have screamed, hyperventilated, and set you know who's *advertiser censored** on fire so that she would tell me the truth. I would not have been able to appear on tv unless they wanted to film someone lying on the floor vomiting. No staged tours of the house. I would hope that the previous behavior of the daughter would have set off a red flag warning sooner than a month that something might not be ok, esp. since being away from the home more than a day or two was not the usual scenario. However, with what we know now, even a day or two would have been too late. This is a very tragic situation all around. I would hope that I would have seen some signs earlier on that would point to my daughter not being able to be responsible for a baby, but you never know. It is hard to judge someone's situation unless you have walked in their shoes.

I would not have released the choke hold on June 15th and I would be in jail.

First, I would have reported in to LE as they did. AND I wouldnt have washed the evidence, and I would have confronted my daughter and told her I know shes lying, no matter who was listening. I would NOT have spoken to any news media or anyone but my husband/family about this. And when this started, I would have searched for my granddaughter in any search including the one with TES. Also I would need extensive counseling and nerve meds, because I could not take it at all if anything happened to one of my granddaughters. And yes I would testify against my daughter. Call me mean, but I wouldnt tolerate what GA and CA are. My focus would be on my granddaughter.

This is the very reason people are in raged with GA and CA because if you have ever been a parent ...you KNOW when your child is not telling "the truth and nothing but the truth" to allow Caylee to be the scapegoat for their feelings is so wrong,meaning it was easier to believe the impossible than to face the truth, the continual covering for Casey. It is just about enough to make a person sick. I would know my daughter was lying and convince her she should cut the best deal possible with the state.
I would want to have her represented by a lawyer that has not made himself part of the circus of media *advertiser censored* that have attached themselves to this tragic case.
How can any parent believe such bs from their child?? Where is your check stub? How many hours did you get paid for last week? Where is Zanny's location? These are a few of the questions CA should have asked when she was speaking to CMA everyday. They were best friends according to CA. It is these things that make me want to scream and say Stop the insanity,Stop calling Casey sweetheart and baby doll..she hasn't been a sweetheart for a long time.Stop trying to feed her clues and demand her tell the truth.

for those of you indicating some sort of inability to decide, i presume you do not feel you know whether you would turn the cild/parent in or lie for him/her, presumably to ty and help them.

how would lying help them?

if you were successful and they GOT AWAY WITH IT, explain how that helps them.

if they actually killed thE child, their only hope, imo, would be to bear the responsibility....anything else COULD ONLY HARM THEM

their only hope would be to deal with the reality of what they did and put it behind them in that manner (as much as possible)

the a's are punishing that girl by taking her side against her responsibility, she has no hope if she manages to evade her reality

none

imo

I am in a situation right now with my son. I won't get into details but he's possibly going to face blame for what was a terrible accident. When this happened my defense for him roared, louder then I would ever have imagined. Right away I felt what Cindy and George must be feeling; that feeling of defending their child. I finally understood. What is happening in my life is no where near as tragic as Caylee dying but yet it made me realize just how far we can go for our children. Think about it. Every one of us that has a child would take a bullet for them. Would die for them, right? So what else would you do if this was happening to you? You say you wouldn't defend that child but I bet you would. It's your child. I didn't believe what I am now saying but now I get it. And believe me, it's not even close to being what Cindy and George are going through. But it’s enough to make me realize just how strong our parental feelings are. Just my 2 cents.

you can only help your child by having him understand he must accept responsibility for what occurred,

anything else would harm him in the long run. imo

for those of you indicating some sort of inability to decide, i presume you do not feel you know whether you would turn the cild/parent in or lie for him/her, presumably to ty and help them.

if they actually killed thE child, their only hope, imo, would be to bear the responsibility....anything else COULD ONLY HARM THEM

their only hope would be to deal with the reality of what they did and put it behind them in that manner (as much as possible)

the a's are punishing that girl by taking her side against her responsibility, she has no hope if she manages to evade her reality

none

imo

:clap::clap: They are heaping on their own grief...it's the simplest lesson most parents teach children, that a lie is bad, a lie begets other lies...what a lesson this is in NOT to lie.

Costal...I live in a very small rural town in western Colorado. Mostly safe...keys in car place...of course being a Websleuther I LOCK mine :)

Our street had a rash of vandalism and robberies from cars and yards a few years ago. The police never found out who did it...but my neighbor confided in me a year later that it was a teenager that lived next to her and 2 doors up from me. His FATHER took all the stolen items and got rid of them...they then moved.

We were lucky that it was summer and my insomnia sometimes has me gardening by moonlight...so the kid left our house alone.

I was shocked...I am in my 50's...is it just an old fahioned thing to be brought up to know that when you lie or steal you are accountable? My mother would have had me at the police station, and knocking on doors apologizing, returning everything...

Another aptly questioned on what the Anthony's would do if they got Casey out...what on earth would life be like?

Maybe thats what keeps us all so focused on this case, the bizarre behavior of the family.

none

imo
alot of times parents run on the pure instinct to protect thier child .. no matter what .they go on auto pilot . it doesnt help any of them to help casey .. but they are doing it because she is thier baby .. just wish their bond with caylee couldve been much stronger than with casey had it been me i wouldve most likely taken a webcam and broke it and stuffed a microphone up the reporters nose if it had been stuck in my face . and the protesters i wouldve probably got a manure spreader ... and let it fly

I believe I would have called 911 from the tow yard (never smelled decomp but if it is as bad as everyone says I hope I might realise what it was.) If I knew what the smell was, I definitely would have called. Not thinking my kid did anything, mind you, but when cars reek of dead body calling 911 is what you do.

If not, I would not have cleaned the car because it ws not my mess to clean. That would be Miss Daughter cleaning it.

I would not talk to the media. I am not a talk to people I dont know kind of person to begin with and I do not trust the media, any of them.

That is as far as I can say. Lying to LE? Not likely. I am one of those that gets caught at everything I have ever tried to do wrong :biglaugh:

Otherwise, I believe my brain would tell me that my child did something terrible because I am not stupid. I don't know how my heart would tolerate it.

I've thought about this question, but I don't believe that I can answer it. Simply put, one can never say what they would do if they were in another's situation. Unless you are actually in that situation, you cannot. It's called Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

I have a daughter but do not have a grandchild, so I don't know that kind of love. I've had people tell me about the love they feel for their grands, but I can't speak firsthand. That being said, I would like to think that I would not lie or cover up or allow any of the bs Casey dished out, but Casey is not my daughter. I'm a no-nonsense kinda gal, but I also love my child more than life itself. She is my heart and soul and I don't think I could imagine her harming another human being. Maybe I too would be in denial. If I truly believed that she did not murder her child, then I would do anything and everything to protect her. You'd better believe it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there are a lot of grey areas and extenuating circumstances in this case. Most people are assuming that they would have their wits about them when making any of the decisions in this bizarre case. Therein lies the problem. I don't think the Anthony's have acted logically and I believe they have been in serious denial since day one, so applying a logical reaction to this scenario won't work.

I appreciate the varying opinions that have been given and thanks to the thread starter for this thought-provoking question.

That's just my .02 and all MOO, of course.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back