If your child were murdered…

Your reaction? Does it matter?

• My reaction would be closer to the Goldmans.

Votes: 86 73.5%
  • My reaction would be closer to the Ramseys.

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Behavior subsequent to a crime is relevant with respect to guilt or innocence.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • Behavior subsequent to a crime is irrelevant with respect to guilt or innocence.

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
Another thing....when asked about the status of their own investigation PR said blah,ask John, he knows....John said blah,the lawyers and the investigators know............

Excuse me???This is the only thing that would keep you alive,looking for the killer,wanting to be part of catching him,investigating all leads and everything,you wouldn't be able to sleep until you read every available file.You would know EVERY SINGLE name on your investigators suspect list,where he lives,what he does,what he eats at lunch.If you'd suspect a friend you wouldn't just point fingers at him,you would go down there and face him and ask questions.The Ramsey's did NOTHING.
THEY DIDN'T CARE!!!WHY?!

Oh I forgot............the investigators were hired to prepare their DEFENCE.

If one of the Ramseys killed JBR, then I'd have expected them to stay married - they'd need to keep each other close to see what they were up to, they'd need to keep their stories straight and they'd need to present a united front. Not to mention the Paugh loathing for divorce etc. What I find very telling, though, is that the volunteers who helped out on the morning of the 26th came to the conclusion that they were divorced or separated because they made no attempt to comfort one another and barely communicated.

Generally, I can't begin to imagine how anyone confronts the death of a child and my heart goes out to anyone who loses a child. It must be simply more than a person can stand. I always cry when I remember the mother of Leslie Ann Downey, one of the Moors Murderers' victims, who had to listen to a recording the murderers had made of the child screaming for mercy and begging to see her mum. Having to listen to that would have turned my mind and I find it staggering that she could go on with her life - certainly she made it her lifelong mission that the perps would never be released from prison.

In my case, it's a combination of forces. You've just lost your daughter, and if you turn in your spouse, they'll most likely die in prison. Your remaining children will most likely hate you the rest of your life. Your ego won't allow anyone else to know that you screwed up your first marriage only to marry a monster.

That's very insightful, Dave.

Oh yes.

I wanna hear from those who think and can show me(DOi quotes,interviews,whatever) that PR loved JB more than herself,her life style and JR.

Madeleine, I'm sooo glad you asked that because I was trying to find a reason to comment on the staggering self-absorption of the first few pages of DoI - it's a study in self pity over their treatment at the hands of the media and that heinous beast, Steve Thomas, with not a word of tenderness for their daughter herself.

I should add that I have wondered about their editor in DoI - whoever it was, they did a shocking job if they wanted to demonstrate the Ramseys' general candour.

How can you be angry at the killer when you or your accomplice ARE/IS the killer...forgiveness from God?You have time for this only when YOU are the one that needs it.IMO.You wouldn't waste your energy with praying and asking God to forgive the MURDERER of your child.But you would do it for yourself,especially when you're a selfish person.

JR tried to sound angry.I guess his lawyers advised him to change track and I am not surprised.I can see anger in Goldman's eyes and tone when he talks about OJ.I didn't hear/see any anger when JR said he would hang JB's killer.He even smirked when he said he didn't kill his daughter.Put Goldman,Klaas,Lunsford on one side and JR on the other.If you can't see the difference I am sorry ..........

He even smirked when he said he didn't kill his daughter.- M

hiya Madeleine.

What appearance was this? if you remember?

He even smirked when he said he didn't kill his daughter.- M

hiya Madeleine.

What appearance was this? if you remember?

It was their first press conference I think.I will try to find it.

This is from a german tv show but it's the only clip I found right now where you can hear/see it

at 1:22

"I didn't kill my daughter JonBenet"

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al5I9rbUyvs"]YouTube- Taff[/nomedia]

TY Madeleine - hadn't seen that before. Gave me the proper creeps, it did.

TY Madeleine - hadn't seen that before. Gave me the proper creeps, it did.

That smirk shows just how nervous JR actually is when he's lying.

IMO

I noticed something (also in the LE interviews)...PR is the cool one.........JR seems the shy,nervous one.....guess he's arrogant only when facing ST on LKL

Oops. I thought I selected the first and third choices - Goldmans and relevant, but the italics are telling me I voted for the second and third. My apologies. I'll see if it can be changed and let y'all know if it is. :eek:

Thanks for posting this. It gives a great look at Patsy acting abilities, doesn't it?
Intruder, my butt.
jmo
notice her eye makeup as well.it takes some precision and skill to be able to apply all that,esp. the mascara.she might as well have just had the word GUILTY stamped right on her forehead there.

A vicar forgives his daughter's tormenters:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8361968.stm

snip

Two teenage girls have been found guilty of causing the death of a vicar's daughter who jumped from a window in south-east London.

Kemi Ajose, 19, and Hatice Can, 15, were found guilty of the manslaughter of 19-year-old Rosimeiri Boxall.

Miss Boxall died after falling from the third-floor window of Ajose's flat.

She was beaten and bullied by the teenagers, the Old Bailey was told. Rosimeri's parents said they have forgiven the two girls.

The judge lifted an order banning identification of the younger defendant Can, of Belvedere, south-east London.

'Forgive them'

Following the verdict, Rosimeiri's parents Simon and Rachel Boxall released a statement saying they "forgave" Ajose and Can.

"We continue to pray for those who are responsible for Rosi's death. We want them to know that we forgive them.

The strength some people get from their faith is truly astonishing. Not that I am really comparing the two cases or suggesting that there wasn't a possible element of the faux religion in the Ramsey reaction.

If those two girls were bullying and beating that poor girl I doubt she jumped. She was pushed! She was probably thrown out of that window. I am so tired of seeing young criminals mollycoddled. Call a spade a spade.
My heart goes out to the parents of the murdered girl.

If those two girls were bullying and beating that poor girl I doubt she jumped. She was pushed! She was probably thrown out of that window. I am so tired of seeing young criminals mollycoddled. Call a spade a spade.
My heart goes out to the parents of the murdered girl.

I agree, DeeDee, and in fact, I don't think that the people who think they are doing a kindness to a young person by minimising the offence are actually doing the kids any favours - if one of the girls really is seriously mentally ill enough to warrant hospitalisation, then her getting healed will depend on confronting what she has actually done.

I came across this when reading an article on filicide by fire. Investigators came up with some common characteristics exhibited by the perpetrators.

Perpetrator characteristics:
1) The adults said they were in bed when the fire occurred, giving them a very logical alibi.

2) Rescue attempts by the adults were half-hearted. The would-be rescuers exhibited little or no sign of prolonged or dangerous heat exposure: Their eyes weren't puffy or watery from spending excessive time in a smoke-filled environment, their exposed skin wasn't severely reddened or burned, and their hair and eyebrows weren't singed. In short, claimed heroic or desperate rescue attempts didn't match appearances.

3) The adults' clothing may not match their story. In several cases, they were fully clothed when witnesses arrived, despite the early hour and the nature of the emergency.

4) The adults exhibited inappropriate behavior, expressing little or no grief. In conversations with sympathetic neighbors at the scene, they spoke very little about the victims. Instead they discussed material losses and made declarations about the future. Unlike grieving parents in shock and disbelief over their tragic loss, those who deliberately killed their children displayed little in terms of personal devastation.

5) Careless comments may be made hours or days later by the guilty. Remarks such as "Now we can get on with our lives" or "Now I'm free to do as I wish" may be made to friends or neighbors. Similar feelings may be confided to friends before the fire expressing the desire to be free from the burden of children.

http://firechief.com/mag/firefighting_filicide_fire/

I came across this when reading an article on filicide by fire. Investigators came up with some common characteristics exhibited by the perpetrators.

Perpetrator characteristics:
1) The adults said they were in bed when the fire occurred, giving them a very logical alibi.

2) Rescue attempts by the adults were half-hearted. The would-be rescuers exhibited little or no sign of prolonged or dangerous heat exposure: Their eyes weren't puffy or watery from spending excessive time in a smoke-filled environment, their exposed skin wasn't severely reddened or burned, and their hair and eyebrows weren't singed. In short, claimed heroic or desperate rescue attempts didn't match appearances.

3) The adults' clothing may not match their story. In several cases, they were fully clothed when witnesses arrived, despite the early hour and the nature of the emergency.

4) The adults exhibited inappropriate behavior, expressing little or no grief. In conversations with sympathetic neighbors at the scene, they spoke very little about the victims. Instead they discussed material losses and made declarations about the future. Unlike grieving parents in shock and disbelief over their tragic loss, those who deliberately killed their children displayed little in terms of personal devastation.

5) Careless comments may be made hours or days later by the guilty. Remarks such as "Now we can get on with our lives" or "Now I'm free to do as I wish" may be made to friends or neighbors. Similar feelings may be confided to friends before the fire expressing the desire to be free from the burden of children.

http://firechief.com/mag/firefighting_filicide_fire/http://firechief.com/mag/firefighting_filicide_fire/

The very first one....the Ramsey's claimed to be sleeping when JB was "kidnapped" and killed. They even tried to claim that JB was sleeping when the arrived home that night, and she was carried into the house..and placed on the bed. When a crime happens in your house...just tell the authorites that you were asleep...you know NOTHING.

The very first one....the Ramsey's claimed to be sleeping when JB was "kidnapped" and killed. They even tried to claim that JB was sleeping when the arrived home that night, and she was carried into the house..and placed on the bed. When a crime happens in your house...just tell the authorites that you were asleep...you know NOTHING.

HEAR NO EVIL...SEE NO EVIL...SPEAK NO EVIL....
:bedtime:

HEAR NO EVIL...SEE NO EVIL...SPEAK NO EVIL....
:bedtime:

Exactly!

I was asleep the whole time....I didn't hear or see a thing. Makes it so much easier to do that, instead of admitting the truth.

The problem is I don`t know how the Ramsey`s behaved, really. How should they have behaved? The "Patsy looked at me in a weird way" is tabloid stuff to me. Condemnig John for reading mail and calling his lawyer is taking things out of context. Their daughter had been kidnapped, the lawyer was their friend, there might be some message or clue in the mail. It would be strange not to do anything for hours.

That`s what I have to stick with- don`t know much about the Ramseys, can`t answer the poll either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back