IL - Actor Jussie Smollett, hate crime hoax, Jan 2019 *Guilty* #7

Can someone summarize? I don't have an account, and am not interested in opening one as long as I have such wonderful e-quaintances!
Thanks! jmho ymmv lrr
@Laughing No X a/c? Me neither. Right there w you, but if you can see law and crime X post (in your own WS post, you should (I think) see letters in blue:
bit.ly/3GpeLqJ
just above Jussie's pic.

Either
Click on blue letters.
Or
Copy & paste blue letters into search bar in new window/tab & see full story on lawandcrime.com.

Clumsy but works for me w my ancient tablet, software, etc dating back to Pres. Truman's administration. ;)

Or this?
Jussie Smollett loses appeal of hate crime hoax case, including complaint about GMA interview

He will write a book about what ‘his’ truth i
s, he isn’t going to let this go. I expect him to claim some sort of abuse while he is incarcerated, 0followed by a lawsuit.

"Like, you know, at first it was the thing of like, listen, if I tell the truth, then that's it because it's the truth," Smollett said. "Then it became a thing of, like, how can you doubt that? How can you not believe that? It's the truth."

At one point, Smollett choked up when Roberts asked if he feared for his life when he was attacked.

Jussie Smollett, GMA Interview with Robyn Roberts, 2/14/2019.

I remember when Smollett performed at a Los Angeles club just days after the "attack." He was riding high and taking advantage of any public adoration he could get. Smollett even bragged that he "fought the f... back!" and that he "can't let those f...... win!" to a cheering crowd. :rolleyes::mad:

I remember when Smollett performed at a Los Angeles club just days after the "attack." He was riding high and taking advantage of any public adoration he could get. Smollett even bragged that he "fought the f... back!" and that he "can't let those f...... win!" to a cheering crowd. :rolleyes::mad:

And I remember Dave Chappelle's performance shortly after the 'incident' !!! LOL

"Like, you know, at first it was the thing of like, listen, if I tell the truth, then that's it because it's the truth," Smollett said. "Then it became a thing of, like, how can you doubt that? How can you not believe that? It's the truth."

At one point, Smollett choked up when Roberts asked if he feared for his life when he was attacked.

Jussie Smollett, GMA Interview with Robyn Roberts, 2/14/2019.

‘Like you know, we know it’s not true because like the evidence says it’s true then that’s because it is true’

Couldn’t resist, he thinks he is an eloquent wordsmith.

‘Like you know, we know it’s not true because like the evidence says it’s true then that’s because it is true’

Couldn’t resist, he thinks he is an eloquent wordsmith.

Part of the appeal included that the jury should not have been allowed to view the entire GMA Interview. During the trial, the prosecution presented part of Interview, but not the entire interview. The jury requested to view the entire interview.

I wonder if that made a difference.

Smollett’s lawyer filed a request for the state supreme court to review the conviction on felony disorderly conduct charges[.]

This could have been behind JS and he could have moved on with his life if he accepted his punishment, yet here we are years later and it's still hanging over his head and racking up the $$!!

It is really upsetting knowing that knowing statistically hate crimes are on the rise, this will be used by nefarious people to undermind every one.

He has damaged any true and deserving response to the incidents that people actually face

This could have been behind JS and he could have moved on with his life if he accepted his punishment, yet here we are years later and it's still hanging over his head and racking up the $$!!

I really wonder about the family dynamics. Family is usually the ones who are supportive, but will also call you out on your crap. (At least my family is like that).

So, is this a "Big Elephant" in the room that no one mentions? I imagine holidays and family gatherings are interesting.

It seems to me, that Smollett really had a lot going for him, career wise, and could have possibly transitioned to big screen. He needs or needed someone to stop his self destruction. JMO.

I wonder this too along with who put him up to this? So stupid on many levels.

This is what happens when you won't take responsibility for a bad act.

He is trying to "save face" during media interviews and with family, friends, fans, TV producers, his talent agency, etc.....

He can say he is not guilty and is appealing it. As long as it is on appeal he can say they will find "I'm not guilty."

Another big reason I think is the issue of jail. He is free during appeal.

The appeals court said Smollett could be released after posting a personal recognizance bond of $150,000 — meaning he didn’t have to put down money but agreed to come to court as required.

A Cook County judge sentenced Smollett to 150 days in jail, 30 months of probation, $120,106 in restitution to the City of Chicago and a $25,000 fine. He spent six nights in jail and was freed on March 16, 2022 pending this appeal.

The prosecution came after Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s office entered into a widely criticized plea deal with Smollett that did not include an admission of guilt. Smollett walked out of the courtroom and immediately proclaimed his innocence.

Smollett maintained his innocence during the trial. During sentencing, he shouted at the judge that he was innocent, warning the judge that he was not suicidal and if he died in custody it was somebody else, and not him, who would have taken his life.

(He sounds petrified of jail)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500