Found Deceased IL - Amierah Roberson, 1, Chicago, 16 March 2014 *Arrest*

RIP Sweet Baby Girl. Fly with the Angels and give a hug to Caylee and Haley and all the rest who are awaiting your arrival. :rose: :star:

why? seriously, i know kids can really test your sanity sometimes but i cannot understand why would you kill a child? nothing justifies murder, especially when the victim is small, defenceless and certainly, not a threat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...h-of-19monthold-girl-20140319,0,2182359.story

But at the time of the Amierah’s death, there was a pending abuse investigation against the girl’s mother, officials said. That investigation was opened in early February.

Harris and Jocelyn Roberson went to high school together and had been dating for about seven months, the woman’s family said. Roberson spent the night at his place on Saturday and left her daughter in his care the following day.

He set her on fire.

Fortunately, he is stupid.

James Harris IV also left his car key fob at the muddy site near Amierah Roberson’s lifeless body and asked acquaintances to pick him up on Saturday so he could get a second set of keys to his car, Cook County prosecutors said.
“I f----- up, I f----- up. I lost my keys in the woods,” Harris allegedly told some people who noticed he had a bag that smelled liked gasoline, Assistant State’s Attorney Robert Mack said Thursday.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Toddler-on-Fire-251329271.html#ixzz2wc2MCpb8

Here's a more complete report:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/...boyfriend-killed-toddler-set-her-on-fire.html

From ARW's second link:

"But police found blood on sheets in Harris’ bedroom as well as blood in the hallway outside the room where Amierah slept. Harris was supposed to have been watching the girl since Friday when her mother left for work, Mack said. The child’s mother had not seen her since then, Mack said.

When the girl’s mother was driving back to the couple’s apartment Sunday night, she spoke with Harris about their plans to eat out that night, Mack said."

So, "mother" left Amierah with from FRIDAY until SUNDAY??? Is this correct? Or just a typo??? What happened to her story that she only left her on SUNDAY? When she went to work...

From ARW's second link:

"But police found blood on sheets in Harris’ bedroom as well as blood in the hallway outside the room where Amierah slept. Harris was supposed to have been watching the girl since Friday when her mother left for work, Mack said. The child’s mother had not seen her since then, Mack said.

When the girl’s mother was driving back to the couple’s apartment Sunday night, she spoke with Harris about their plans to eat out that night, Mack said."

So, "mother" left Amierah with from FRIDAY until SUNDAY??? Is this correct? Or just a typo??? What happened to her story that she only left her on SUNDAY? When she went to work...

This story just gets worse and worse.

From ARW's second link:

You read my mind. Even if she works 12-hour night shifts, and left on Friday night, she should have returned on Saturday..... right?

Here's the entire quote from The Sun again:

Harris was supposed to have been watching the girl since Friday when her mother left for work, Mack said. The child’s mother had not seen her since then, Mack said.

When the girl’s mother was driving back to the couple’s apartment Sunday night, she spoke with Harris about their plans to eat out that night, Mack said.

Harris told his girlfriend to drive to the back of the apartment, in the 3500 block of South Rhodes, to pick him and Amierah up, Mack said.

However, Harris called his girlfriend back a little while after that to tell her that the child disappeared while they were waiting, Mack said.

Harris allegedly said Amierah was walking behind him but when he turned around, she was gone.

Harris, who turned 24 on Thursday, was ordered held without bond.

A defense attorney said Harris works with the disabled and previously worked as a janitor for the Chicago Board of Education.

via http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/26335987-418/prosecutors-say-boyfriend-killed-toddler-set-her-on-fire.html

I can't even wrap my head nor my heart around what he did to this beautiful child, ending her life. Then, the audacity to .... I can't even type the words! The fact that he lost his keys was fitting. I believe it was immediate karma. It definitely accelerated the path to justice.

May Amierah Fly High with the other Forever Angels, free from pain, surrounded by love! She deserved so much more than this.....

:rose:

Fund set up for family of girl whose body was found in Riverdale
Staff report - Chicago Tribune
2:33 p.m. CDT, March 25, 2014

(snip)
The fund already has raised more than $5,000, which is going to pay for Amierah Roberson’s funeral expenses, but her family still has to pay for a headstone for Amierah’s grave, and her mother is taking family leave from her job to deal with the aftermath of her daughter’s death, said Porscha Mazzarri, a cousin of the girl and her mother, Jocelyn Roberson.

“This beautiful baby was taken from us without any reasons. Unfortunately she did not have life insurance so any amount in donations will be appreciated,” Mazzarri said in a message.

(snip)
In addition to the headstone, the fund, set up through [redacted], will go to help pay for counseling and day-to-day expenses for Roberson as she takes time off work, Mazzarri said.

(more@link, including details about donating, which I will not post or link, as I am unsure that this is allowed per TOS)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-fund-set-up-for-family-of-girl-whose-body-was-found-in-riverdale-20140325,0,1856052.story

This is how I choose to remember Baby Amierah, now a Forever Angel...
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/d896d34e-a00f-419b-8bca-493945a63a0c_zps0bfdec7e.jpg.html][/URL]

Of all the images I've seen of her, this one captures her spirit the most, IMO. How anyone could harm a hair on her precious little head is beyond me!

May Amierah Rest In Peace, knowing there are many who have fallen in love with her, and are going to see this through. Justice will be done!

Image courtesy of a slideshow dedicated to Amierah Roberson at the Chicago Tribune:
g/chi-photos-amierah-roberson-20140317,0,309346.photogallery

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back