IL IL - Anne Gay, 52, Joliet, 9 June 2013

So Anne had not been seen since June 10, 2013. Borg is accused of blowing up the house by cutting the gas line to the dryer on July 14. He experienced burns over 70 percent of his body. He was arrested immediately upon release from hospital/rehab.

Not sure I understand Borg's intentions since he failed to kill himself. Strange imo.

I just can't imagine someone wanting to commit suicide by burning to death. A neighbor dragged him out and saved him. I wonder how many times he's wished he had died. 70% burns must have been awful to deal with but if he killed Anne, it might be a certain kind of justice.

Hi,

I am a friend of Annie's we have still not found her remains, but we have not given up hope. James is awaiting trial for Arson.

Hopefully he will never see the outside of a prison again.

I am hopeful that Annie will still be found and that her daughter will be able to have some closure.

She lived in the same area as Drew Peterson and it is full of wasteland, bodies of water, forests, industrial areas, farmland and wide open spaces. It is a joke that it it was one of the best body dumping areas in the state.

James also drove out of state shortly after Annie was last seen and before she was reported missing. He has given different accounts of the last time he saw her.

Thanks for keeping breath in her name.

I just can't imagine someone wanting to commit suicide by burning to death. A neighbor dragged him out and saved him. I wonder how many times he's wished he had died. 70% burns must have been awful to deal with but if he killed Anne, it might be a certain kind of justice.

I don't believe that the elevator goes to the top floor with this guy. The dryer was on the second floor, where he was, I believe he thought it would be like something out of a Wilde Coyote cartoon, a big explosion and he would be vaporized.

JMO

No clue how I missed this the first time around, especially it being another area I know well.

Glad it was bumped

Can't believe this all started with HIM reporting her missing and stating she was the violent one.

It mentioned HER being arrested for DV in April, but it was the later articles mentioning HE was...which makes me think both may have tied to the same incident, perhaps?

But lovely of him to leave any of that out (and reporters to not have dug) from the get go...and buying himself a bunch of time that allowed this whole other plot to play out, apparently. Oi vey.

Knowing what a dear friend deals with daily - even 10-ish years out from a horrible accident, no fault of her own, with burns and years of surgeries over a similar extent of her body - the PTSD, the health issues, all of it, and it both being an accident far out of her control, and then them being made worse by her desire to save others, and yet how upside down it's turned her life - and this man having none of that on the positive side...well...

Fitting his torment is self-inflicted, even if by his plans (seemingly) having gone awry.

That's what it sounds like. If he was trying to kill himself then why go upstairs to sleep? An article I posted reports that a neighbor dragged him out of the rubble. Now he has burns over 70 percent of his body. It makes little sense for him to try to burn the evidence since the police gathered it already before the explosion.

Maybe he tried to make it appear as if Anne returned to the house and caused the explosion to try to kill him. Still, no sign of Anne.
The dog was found outside hiding under a dog house. Is is normal for the dog to stay outside at night? Or was the dog purposely placed outside on the night of the explosion?

Amazing a neighbor made the effort to get him out, clearly having to have risked himself, too, no?

Especially since earlier articles talked about the neighbors viewing him as a menace!

I don't believe that the elevator goes to the top floor with this guy. The dryer was on the second floor, where he was, I believe he thought it would be like something out of a Wilde Coyote cartoon, a big explosion and he would be vaporized.

JMO

I'm sorry but :floorlaugh:

I can totally now see this playing out (but not...since that was always true of the coyote, also...) just like this in his head.

Hi,

I am a friend of Annie's we have still not found her remains, but we have not given up hope. James is awaiting trial for Arson.

I am hopeful that Annie will still be found and that her daughter will be able to have some closure.

She lived in the same area as Drew Peterson and it is full of wasteland, bodies of water, forests, industrial areas, farmland and wide open spaces. It is a joke that it it was one of the best body dumping areas in the state.

James also drove out of state shortly after Annie was last seen and before she was reported missing. He has given different accounts of the last time he saw her.

I really am so sorry about your friend!

What ever happened to the references to a body being found in the house? It obviously wasn't him...? Were the cadaver dogs wrong (apparently) on the initial hits?

Or just enough to cause a hit but her body to have been moved? But then why this whole big explosion on his part? Figuring he was going to be caught anyway and he'd just destroy evidence?

Is someone else also missing? (Like did he have another relationship?) Perhaps someone unknown to be missing at this point or unknown to have ties to him?

Given your mention about surrounding areas and him going out of state makes it seem like there's the thought she may have been placed elsewhere, which makes the cadaver hit in the house but apparently her not being there even more interesting.

He was a menace. He was arrested the minute he left rehab I believe on menacing charges and threatening the life of one of his neighbors. He was violent. She had her issues, drug and alcohol addiction. She came through hell as a child. She was on a waiting list to get into a rehab center and was moving out of James home.

She was the savior type and I am sure that she believed that she and James could help each other get clean and sober. She helped other women out of abusive situations.

I had not seen her in several years but she lived in my parents home many years ago when she and her first husband had their dust ups. We were very close for many years and I believe that she came through so many rough and terrible times that once she realized that she couldn't heal him or herself while with him, she thought surely she could survive him.

Her favorite song was "I am a Rock"

Amazing a neighbor made the effort to get him out, clearly having to have risked himself, too, no?

Especially since earlier articles talked about the neighbors viewing him as a menace!

I don't know why someone would risk their life to save him. I guess because they are a better person than me.

Hi,

You're a great friend to keep her name, and the search for her, active at WS.

I'm originally from Homer Glen and if you ever do any searches, I'm there.

Kudos to you, and I'm so sorry about Annie. Hope he rots in IDOC with Peterson.

One of the problems is that Annie was in and out of the life of the people closest to her. So no one knew she was missing immediately and then James gave different reasons as to why she wasn't around. I think it was 2 weeks before the missing person report was made and it was made by her daughter although some accounts say it was James.

Anyhow the night she went missing the police were called to their house on another domestic call, James also answered her phone in the early AM after she went missing.

A cadaver dog had a positive hit in their home, some pressure was being put on James, the day the house exploded a visitor said James was despondent earlier in the day. There were no remains found in the fire.

You're a great friend to keep her name, and the search for her, active at WS.

I'm originally from Homer Glen and if you ever do any searches, I'm there.

Kudos to you, and I'm so sorry about Annie. Hope he rots in IDOC with Peterson.

I will let you know. I have been a bad friend actually as I haven't called her daughter in quite some time.

I will let you know. I have been a bad friend actually as I haven't called her daughter in quite some time.

Don't beat yourself up - I suspect you're doing more than most are!

Who knows...her daughter may be reading/lurking or even posting here and may be seeing that you care!

He was a menace. He was arrested the minute he left rehab I believe on menacing charges and threatening the life of one of his neighbors. He was violent. She had her issues, drug and alcohol addiction. She came through hell as a child. She was on a waiting list to get into a rehab center and was moving out of James home.

She was the savior type and I am sure that she believed that she and James could help each other get clean and sober. She helped other women out of abusive situations.

I had not seen her in several years but she lived in my parents home many years ago when she and her first husband had their dust ups. We were very close for many years and I believe that she came through so many rough and terrible times that once she realized that she couldn't heal him or herself while with him, she thought surely she could survive him.

Her favorite song was "I am a Rock"

Thanks for helping paint more of a picture of your friend.

I wish I still was in the area to help if searches take place!

One of the problems is that Annie was in and out of the life of the people closest to her. So no one knew she was missing immediately and then James gave different reasons as to why she wasn't around. I think it was 2 weeks before the missing person report was made and it was made by her daughter although some accounts say it was James.

Anyhow the night she went missing the police were called to their house on another domestic call, James also answered her phone in the early AM after she went missing.

A cadaver dog had a positive hit in their home, some pressure was being put on James, the day the house exploded a visitor said James was despondent earlier in the day. There were no remains found in the fire.

:(

Just heartbreaking

Good morning and thank you for your kind words. The best I do is pray for her. I was part of one search (I live about 3 ½ hours away from Joliet), there have been other searches, and I did have a friend in the area distribute some missing fliers.

In all honesty I don’t know what I can do. We are not looking for a person we are looking for her remains with no clue as to where they may be. James knows the area very well and biked (as in bicycled) all over the different wooded areas which are loaded with bodies of water and vegetation. Apparently coyotes are very active in the area.

I have spoken with the lead LE and he did seem to be vested in bringing Annie justice. So much so that his wife was miffed at him because his missed his son’s birthday party to be present at a search for Annie.

There are some things that I cannot talk about due to it being an open investigation.

Her daughter does know that I loved Annie and that I love her. I will call her daughter today. Life is full but I should make time for what is important.

Hello in here.

I have talked to Annie's daughter and so I thank this board for the charitable boot in the *advertiser censored* to get me doing what I wanted to do any how.

I will tell a story about Annie. One when we were young and invincible we decided to buy a Christmas tree for a single mom friend of ours who didn't have one and really wanted one for her son's Christmas.

Anyhow we were at a Christmas tree lot and we told the lot guy about our friends plight, hoping maybe he would give us a better deal, he made some incredibly rude remark about how good some little Charlie Brown tree would look in our poor friends apartment.

Annie not missing a beat said in her wonderful French accent, "I think it would look better shoved up your *advertiser censored*".

: )

Suspect in Anne Gay disappearance may get plea deal

A man who allegedly blew up his own house after his girlfriend went missing last year will be offered a plea deal.

[snip]

Borg, 45, faces three counts of aggravated arson and one count of residential arson for the July 14 blast that leveled his rented home in the 100 block of Southeast Circle Drive in Joliet Township. He remains a suspect in the June 2013 disappearance of Anne Gay, according to Will County sheriff’s police.

More: http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2014/...-gay-disappearance-may-get-plea-deal/ajtg68r/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back