Identified! IL - Body found in Lake Michigan, Jan 2008 - Robyn Bercovici

Nothing that I have seen yet. (Of course, it means that it would have to be REPORTED for me to find out then, wouldn't it?)

There are 4 pages of missing kids from Illinois in the last 6 months.

Most of them are missing teenagers.

They did not say they found a missing teenager or a child. They said it was a woman.

Where the body was located in Chicago is about an hour and 45 minute drive from Elmhurst with day traffic. At least 50-60 min after rush hour traffic. Bolingbrook is a good 40 minutes further than Elmhurst. I very seriously doubt this body is that of Stacy Peterson. It's really a PITA to get that far north along the lake from the far west or south west burbs.

Nothing that I have seen yet. (Of course, it means that it would have to be REPORTED for me to find out then, wouldn't it?)

Wow, I was just providing another perspective that Chicago is NOT on top of things when it comes to finding missing persons.

I didn't mean for you to take it that way.......

Don't forget that DP took a three day trip and no one seems to really know where he went right after Stacy went missing. November 2nd, I believe it was.

Kinda seemed like you thought I was being naive about all the women gone missing from the area. I assure you I was not. I was only going by what I could find out from what I was reading from what the Fireman and LE said and what was listed on the sites I mentioned.

Kinda seemed like you thought I was being naive about all the women gone missing from the area. I assure you I was not. I was only going by what I could find out from what I was reading from what the Fireman and LE said and what was listed on the sites I mentioned.

Sorry! LOL My brain's not functioning properly yet! Need more coffee! LOL :crazy:

I am as anxious as anyone to find out the identity of this person. Maybe I just am a bit touchy today because of it. On one hand, I pray it isn't Stacy, but on the other...I have to hope it is. It is also Stacy's birthday.

I have had a sinking feeling since I read about this body early this morning. I guess because it is someone's mother, sister, daughter that isn't coming home to spend their life with their family where she belongs.

Even if DP was missing for three days, why would he go all the way North to the Lincoln Park area of Chicago to get rid of Stacy's body? From "Bolingbrook" it makes no sense. It's difficult to get to, crowded, parking is awful. Why would he go there? An area which he would likely be spotted.

My thoughts are this woman was walking along the lake, slipped, possibly on ice fell in and was not seen. Especially with the number of rocks around the location she was found.

Even if DP was missing for three days, why would he go all the way North to the Lincoln Park area of Chicago to get rid of Stacy's body? From "Bolingbrook" it makes no sense. It's difficult to get to, crowded, parking is awful. Why would he go there? An area which he would likely be spotted.

My thoughts are this woman was walking along the lake, slipped on ice fell in and was not seen. Especially with the number of rocks around the location she was found.

You right about the area, people out all times of the night and day.
A city that doesn't sleep.

However you never know..........:waitasec:
Actually that was one of the places I thought he'd might dump her...
Like south part of Lake Michigan..
I don't think ss is formula with chicago, is that correct ss.
btw OTT, I always have to look at the usa map when ppl are talking about the western states..

He would not have had to go to a populated area for her body to wash up at Lincoln. Scott P. went out in broad daylight to get rid of Laci on Christmas Eve, right?

There is always a possibility that if he did dump her in the canal that with the recent rains and runoff...she could have been "carried" by a vessel out to the Lake if she came loose from her "trappings". While it is a remote chance, still could happen.

However, common sense tells me it was probably someone who either slipped and fell...or someone disposed of her probably on Friday night. Just keeping the options open.

No, the only way I have seen Chicago is from O'Hare and the airplane. LOL I am not the least bit familiar with the area.

They ID'd her: Robyn Bercovici, 27 of the Gold Coast.

From the other thread:
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/body.in...33859.html#end

Body of Woman Discovered in Lake Michigan
CHICAGO (STNG) ― The body of a 27-year-old Gold Coast woman was found in Lake Michigan near Fullerton Avenue on the North Side Saturday afternoon.

Officers were called to the 2400 block of North Lake Shore Drive of reports of an unresponsive female body in the water at 2:40 p.m., according to police News Affairs Officer Tom Polick.

"It is a death investigation at this stage," Polick said.

The woman was identified as Robyn Bercovici, of 63 E. Scott St., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. Bercovici was pronounced dead at the Stein Institute at 5:50 p.m. Saturday.

Where is the "Gold Coast"?! How sad for her family.

I am glad they gave us an early ID instead of waiting til Tuesday! I don't think I could have taken it.

Our "Gold Coast" area on Lake Erie has condominiums (many floors) on the lake. Do they have that there?

Hmmm...she was in the field of Psychology and was working as a social worker..if I read that correctly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown
Back