Identified! IL - Body found in Lake Michigan, Jan 2008 - Robyn Bercovici

The gold coast is along the North Shore SS. The lake front is miles and miles long. Much of the area's along the lake have break walls which consist of large cement blocks. If you were to, for yucks. google a map of Chicago and look at the satellite pics along the lake you will see tons of stuff- walls that stick out etc, for erosion.

Here is one Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gold+Coast,+Chicago,+IL,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Also, fyi, for yucks, those driving direction maps for the Chicago area and burbs. Forget completely the driving time. They aren't even close with traffic, unless of course one is travelling in the wee hours of the morning and there is no construction along the way.

I'm near Wheaton and it would take me, with weekend traffic, about 2 hours to drive to the location this body was found.

ETA: Bolingbrook is appx 30 min almost directly south of me.

Our "Gold Coast" area on Lake Erie has condominiums (many floors) on the lake. Do they have that there?

Next to the lake.....by Navy Piere...
And further north of foster there's a bunch, but that's considered rogers park.
Lake Shore drive is next to the water..

Hmmm...she was in the field of Psychology and was working as a social worker..if I read that correctly.

Sounds like she was a really nice girl from her Myspace page.

She says she enjoyed running and rollerblading. Maybe she went out jogging (as many others do) along the Lakefront yesterday morning and slipped and fell in.

I'm assuming this could have happened in the morning and she was discovered late at night because the reports say her body was frozen, which I would think would take some time to happen, even if it was 20 below last night.

The gold coast is along the North Shore SS. The lake front is miles and miles long. Much of the area's along the lake have break walls which consist of large cement blocks. If you were to, for yucks. google a map of Chicago and look at the satellite pics along the lake you will see tons of stuff- walls that stick out etc, for erosion.

Here is one Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Gold+Coast,+Chicago,+IL,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

Also, fyi, for yucks, those driving direction maps for the Chicago area and burbs. Forget completely the driving time. They aren't even close with traffic, unless of course one is travelling in the wee hours of the morning and there is no construction along the way.

I'm near Wheaton and it would take me, with weekend traffic, about 2 hours to drive to the location this body was found.

ETA: Bolingbrook is appx 30 min almost directly south of me.
Ah, OK! Gotcha Cubby! I am not used to the BIG cities! LOL And we only have the Arkansas River as our "waterfront". Hahahaha! (Surprisingly, they do seem to find a lot of bodies there tho.)

YW SS.... also, where DP is concerned. Suburbanites, as they like to call us, really stick out like sore thumbs to true Chicago city folks. Especially so close to the down town hustle and bustle. DP doesn't strike me like someone who did any hanging out or socializing in the city.

Now if a body showed up along the lake south of 31st Street. Then I would definately be thinking along the lines of Stacy. ETA: I'm a dork.... I didn't realize 31st street ran parallel to 55 until I looked at a map. lol.

I'm glad they id'd her. However, I wonder why they think it may be suicide and not just a tragic accident.

That's what it sounds like, a tragic accident. They should be able to tell by her running clothes. I hope they investigate to rule out foul play, etc.

I think people from Chicago need treadmills. It is TOO cold to run outside and can obviously be a horrid hazard!

SS it was really cold yesterday, but not so bad yet Friday night. If she fell into the water Fri eve, perhaps she would not have been missed from work or family and friends.

ETA: OT, today is the anniversary of the coldest day on record in Chicago. 27 below regular temp! Wind chills were around 80 below and it was in 1985. And, it was also a Sunday.

I see die-hard joggers all the time here in freezing weather. Sometimes they are just in leggings and big sweater! I guess the running keeps them warm, but I think it's kind of crazy. One slip on some ice and you're out if you hit your head....not dressed warmly.... :(

The path along the lake here has boulders next to it. If you fell, you might fall in between them and not hit the water right away.

I would be moving my entire family to the South!! This woman cannot tolerate the cold as was witnessed by all those that watched me go thru the recent ice storm here without heat for a week. LOL

I grew up here,in Chicago. Family is here however been thinking on moving south.....

Me too! I'm SO sick of these Chicago winters! I can't stand to see the first autumn leaf fall because I know what's coming!

Chicago pretty much has 2 seasons: Summer and winter or as the locals call it, Winter and Construction... LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back