Found Deceased IL - Bryeon Hunter, 1, Maywood, 16 April 2013 *Arrests*

130416071229_bryeon-hunter.jpg

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/375686/3/AMBER-Alert-issued-for-boy-taken-from-Chicago-area

look at that little face! look at it! what a sweetheart. no one can hurt you anymore, sweet boy. no one cares anymore if you're potty trained or not, because now you're an angel. a lot of cases on here are sad but this one just makes me MAD.

look at that little face! look at it! what a sweetheart. no one can hurt you anymore, sweet boy. no one cares anymore if you're potty trained or not, because now you're an angel. a lot of cases on here are sad but this one just makes me MAD.

This one makes me mad and breaks my heart. He is so cute. He has those eyes that you just imagine when he is a teen he would have been melting the girls hearts.

So much potential, gone. Over the cost of diapers and the frustation that a 1 yr old was not yet capable of being toilet trained.

Some days I wish Illinois still had the death penalty. :furious:

WGN TV News ‏@WGNNews 31s
Maywood police confirm they now believe a missing child 1-year-old Bryeon Hunter is dead: http://bit.ly/15fRPUo

Police search river for body of missing child

Maywood police confirm they now believe a missing child is dead.

They are searching the Des Plaines River for the body of 1-year-old Bryeon Hunter.

A massive operation is under way, as recovery teams from across the western and southwest suburbs seem to be focused on a particular section of the river off Lake Street near the corner of First Avenue.

Investigators appear to be working with very specific information, but so far detectives have released very few details about what they know or do not know.

snipped

In the meantime Maywood police continue to talk to the missing boy’s mother, Lakeshia Baker. Some relatives have voiced concern — they say she has been at the Maywood police station since 5:00 last evening.

There has been no word from police that the boy’s mother is a person of interest and she has not been charged with any wrong-doing.

http://wgntv.com/2013/04/17/police-search-river-for-body-of-missing-child/#ixzz2QkJj33jk

BBM. This sounds like they are searching the area directly behind the McDonalds on Lake Street just behind the gas station at Lake and 1st.

I've been to that McDonald's before, but it was 11 years ago. (when I was expecting and craving McDonald's orange drink.) I think the drive up windows are on the side of the building which faces the woods/river, which would be the east side of the building, but I can't be 100% certain.

I hope he is recovered soon, and was not carried far with currents. I have no idea how far he could have been carried or what the silting conditions are in this area and how they might affect recovery, but it worries me.

OMGosh, 109 visitors viewing this thread. :seeya:

Please consider joining us at WS. We're a great bunch and new members are always welcome. Lot's of missing persons that need to be found. Thank you for your interest in Bryeon's case.

I had a feeling this was the case. It makes me sick to think what this little boy went through.
RIP, baby. I'm sorry this world failed you.

There was some partial truths in her story, maybe she got the beating protecting her child, from some guy she knows. jmo

My heart is breaking and I am in tears right now. I'm angry and ticked off right now. I have no words other than that. At least that meet with TOS rules. :banghead: :furious: :sick: :(

I feel speechless, but I am not, obviously. This is one that made me wonder if this is the one that stops me from coming here to WS.

She will be regretting those false accusations against 3 named people soon enough, though, wow.

Nothing new in this one, really. Short article. Just further confirmation from LE.

Suntimes ‏@Suntimes 1m
Des Plaines River searched for 1-year-old reportedly abducted in Maywood; three suspects cleared of wrongdoing http://suntm.es/13jrrZQ

Bryeon Hunter’s mother initially told police three men abducted him from her and drove off in a sports car Tuesday. But on Wednesday, police said that wasn’t accurate.

I hope her current boyfriend didn't do anything to this child and now she's covering up for him...

As the mom of a 4 year old and a little one who will be 3 in a few months, I am so heartbroken if this little boy lost his life over potty training. My 4 year old didn't pt until after 3 because she was just stubborn and didn't want to. My almost 3 year old just decided within the past week or two that he was ready. Sure, it's frustrating but it's part of being a parent.

My mom pushed for my oldest to be potty trained really young but some kids just aren't ready and mine was one of them.

Heartbreaking, such a sweet little boy, and those eyes. Oh they would have won some lucky girl over when he was older.

Please pray for the search and recovery team looking for this precious angel. The weather is very bad here. Severe thunderstorms in the area. I don't think she hurt him. It was probably her S/O. We've got to stop letting our partners harm our babies. I know it's easier said than done for a victim of DV.

Reactions: nao
NBC Chicago ‏@nbcchicago 3m
Under poor weather, authorities end search for missing Maywood boy with no sign of the toddler. #AmberAlert remains. http://bit.ly/10hPVlI

The weather is AWFUL right now. :( I'm getting conflicting reports on my FB feed that he's been found, and then I read "do not cancel the amber alert". Anyone know the factual info?

There was some partial truths in her story, maybe she got the beating protecting her child, from some guy she knows. jmo

She could have. They will be able to date her wounds to determine if they were inflicted on the day she claimed her son was abducted, or days earlier.

Time will tell. In the mean time it's pouring here and it is supposed to continue with heavy rain until Friday.

I feel speechless, but I am not, obviously. This is one that made me wonder if this is the one that stops me from coming here to WS.

She will be regretting those false accusations against 3 named people soon enough, though, wow.

I agree. Though, I am never going to leave WS for the victims. It would be too much like turning a blind eye to the victims, but I do understand how hard these cases can be. Just heartbreaking.

As for the 3 named people. I'm really at a loss understanding why LE revealed their names. If they already suspected mom's story was bs what benefit would it have had to reveal the names publicly? I can't think of any other case in which that has happened. :waitasec:

NBC Chicago ‏@nbcchicago 3m
Under poor weather, authorities end search for missing Maywood boy with no sign of the toddler. #AmberAlert remains. http://bit.ly/10hPVlI

End search or postpone search? I sure hope they are going to search again when the weather is cooperating.

I hope this weather is not an indication he is not recoverable and they will have to wait to see if and when he surfaces.

Has it been said anywhere that dogs picked up Bryeon's scent at the river in the area they are searching? Or are they searching the area based on what mom told them? Because at this point, I just don't believe her. How do we know the river isn't a red herring and this baby wasn't disposed of in a dumpster days ago.

I can't stand it when women pick men over their children. :furious:

Why do women think they have no value without a man, even if that man beats them and their kids. The kids have no choice in this situation.

and I'm wondering, who did mom and Bryeon live with? By themselves or with extended family?

And of course, then there are those situations no one calls and reports the child abuse because they are afraid no one in their family will be able to foster the children. So they end up dead instead. :furious:

Before I get more irrate, I'll leave it at that.... other than to say this child wasn't just failed by one or two people. It takes a village.....

I'm really hoping that WGN got this wrong earlier...from the Trib...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...1yearold-maywood-boy-20130416,0,6642706.story

<snipped>

“We don’t have any witness information that led us to the river,” he said. “This is the usual protocol for a missing person case – it wouldn’t be the first time someone went missing and turned up in a river.”

I am praying that this little guy is safe and dry and warm somewhere and he isn't out in this awful weather...I'm not sure what's up with all the conflicting reports, but I'm holding out hope.

This whole thing is way, way too hinky.:furious:

I agree. Though, I am never going to leave WS for the victims. It would be too much like turning a blind eye to the victims, but I do understand how hard these cases can be. Just heartbreaking.

As for the 3 named people. I'm really at a loss understanding why LE revealed their names. If they already suspected mom's story was bs what benefit would it have had to reveal the names publicly? I can't think of any other case in which that has happened. :waitasec:

I don't think they knew yet, I think they were just quickly putting the info out there as it was received. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

So she suffered "punctured lung, fractured ribs" and was in the hosp overnight? Seriously.

So done with people killing their children.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back