Identified! IL - Chicago, Body parts of 2-3yo AA child, Sep'15 - Kyrian Knox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the hair color or color in general has anything to do with it. Chicago has a problem, and a good part of it has to do with the frequency of homicides and violence. Much of causes an acceptance of the problem in general. To even suggest that this child is valued less because of race is IMO irresponsible and reckless commentary. Countless effort and resources have been spent by the LE, volunteers and public to solve this child's demise.

To me, it is disrespectful of people who do the tireless work to solve these crimes to suggest otherwise.

JMO's

Whoa! You are right, Chicago has a problem. I will not speculate how many man hours have been spent on the case of the dismembered toddler found in Garfield Park. I know speculation will only damn you for the most part, but why isn't social media sharing this story?

What I am finding very frustrating right now is that after the commissioners pleas to the media to keep this baby's picture, and the case, front and center that they have gone silent since the lagoon and park was reopened. Not a peep. There are a load of stories of all the other shootings in GP (the neighborhoods of East and west GP, not the park itself) but silence about this baby.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I find this statement racist and offensive. And completely unnecessary.

Pointing out institutionalized racism is racism? Let's just ignore the problem, then. It's not like the national media gave more coverage to a white child who was believed to have died accidentally, than they did a black child who was dismembered.

I don't have time to find the stats on it right now but I'm pretty sure it's a fact that missing minority children are less likely to be featured as extensively as white children, females in particular. That's not to say that there haven't been cases of missing black children featured on shows like Nancy Grace and others like that, but I think to watch it you have to admit that most of the cases are white women/children by a disproportional amount. I don't think it's racist to point it out.

I am hoping in this case it is in fact the lack of a detailed/realistic picture and when we get one it will get more publicity. Even looking at the amount of replies on this child compared to those of Baby Doe there is a huge difference in the amount of posts made for this child, even though the case is arguably worse (not that any missing child is more or less important than another one) but the fact that he was dismembered and weighted down to be hidden rather than (reportedly) placed where he would be found makes it a little more sinister than BD seemed before we knew the details we know now.

Little baby leaona is another example. She went missing just before baby ember, similar story - almost zero coverage. :-( brushing off the reality that this issue exists is part of the problem.

I'm racist for wishing children of ALL races got media coverage when they go missing or when bodies are found? Um, okay. If you say so. I'm sorry that I want this child's face plastered on media so he can get recognized and get his name back. God forbid!

Little baby leaona is another example. She went missing just before baby ember, similar story - almost zero coverage. :-( brushing off the reality that this issue exists is part of the problem.

I googled another African American missing baby, and a horrendous, offensive racist website comes up near the top of the results! Racism is still a widespread problem, sadly. Google "A'Million Shelton Missing", it's shocking :(

Thanks for the posts about this phenomena Raymonde. I knew I'd read about it happening before. I don't know what site you found that was racist, because I didn't have time to look, but I did find a somewhat racist site the other day when I was searching for a case. It purported to be a site about "racial crime" but it was basically just all the white people who have been killed by black people whether or not race was actually a factor. I find it sightly offensive, though it could be they were just confused by their terminology. I didn't look around too much. The sad fact is that most crime is intraracial, in fact the most likely victim of a crime in this country is a 15 year old AA boy. I'd say what is reported in our media is not reflecting that fact.

Sadly I'd never even heard of baby Leaona, so that's a perfect example. :(

Interesting, when I did a search even with her unique spelling of her name, the first 4 hits that came up were for a baby Elaina, who was a missing white girl. Leaona is the 5th hit.

:hug:
The little boy I called in about is finally in the news. Kyrian Knox is 2 and went missing ....not really sure when. He was supposed to be in someone else's care. Anyway, here is the link http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html?device=phone&c=y

http://www.wrex.com/story/30074890/2015/09/20/rockford-police-looking-for-missing-2-year-old

You beat me to it Miss Sunshine - great to know we're on the same team with these missing kids :hug:

I am in 100 % agreement and if I were a betting person , I would bank on the fact that this person lives close to this park , and is familiar with it. I believe that they either walked , bicycled , drove , or took the train. I think a bus may be too risky.*
More than likely this happened at night. I have been reading up on Garfield park and have come to understand that the average person would not dare to go there at night. Many sources say it is a haven for drug deals , prostitution and other crime at night.*
Therefore the assumption would be that you would not be likely to dispose of body parts in broad daylight , so the suspect must have been familiar with this park and comfortable enough to go there at night.
I do not believe they ever intended for the body parts to be found due to the weight they used to hold them down. Why go through the effort of using a weight or water if you wanted them to be found ?*
MOO is that they live very close to Garfield Park.

Thank you for sharing your research about the park, haroldchasen. The weights would argue for the remains not being intended to be found. So, it could be whomever dumped this poor little child's remains there may be from or at least very familiar with the neighborhood. Sorry, the rest of this is thinking out loud, so if it's confusing it's because it's trying to make sense of this little human, cut up and discarded.

The other thing that I've noticed about some of the cases of brutally killed children who are around two to five years old, is that often enough it has been the result of a caretaker's neglect and/or violence. Oddly enough, in many of the cases the caretaker has had contact with some authority or institution in the past investigating or had red flags raised, at least. Then there is the fact that children become more capable of communicating abuse, become more active and curious at that age, so harder to handle. Abusive people will have built airtight rationales for themselves to excuse abusing children. More institutional intervention becomes possible as the child ages, through daycare, healthcare requirements, and schools, maybe, so if an abusive parent is familiar with the system, they may sense the risk to themselves as the child ages. If that person has lost previous children to the system as a result of abuse or neglect, then they know the routine. So, whomever left this child there to not be found may have wanted to own this one and not let go, dead or alive, and could have a record in the system, maybe even have had other children taken away.

I know this isn't likely to be real helpful, but I'll say it anyway. If the sketch is fairly accurate, he looks like he's closer to one than to two. I'm just not sure how many babies 18 months or younger have enough hair for that style. I just don't see him being more than two.

MOO

Kyrian is DARLING! Sadly, I see many similarities between Kyrian and our little angel. I the last photo (far right) that you posted, Kyrians hairline appears to have the same tightly curled hair at his hairline (although much shorter) as our little angel.

It makes my heart hurt reading the above posted article about Kyrian. How could it be "unclear" when Kyrian disappeared? :(

Do Kyrian's caregivers have any ties to Chicago? It's an awfully long drive, more than an hour, from Rockford to Chicago. And there would be rural farmland and wooded area's along the drive between the two cities. Garfield Park would be an out of the way and risky dumping ground for a child from Rockford.

Personally, I think the UID is a local child never reported missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728