Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

Star of David has been a symbol of Folk for as long as I recall. I think they had a leader named King David or something like that?

Came across William Disilvestro from Hamilton OH missing and thought great match... then saw his perfectly completed profile. Do they have a auto program that’s compares dentals on namus? Also I was told there are 2 forms of DNA taken and only namus or police know what form of DNA they have on each case.

Folk would be synonymous with Blood. They are a very large gang that has been around for quite sometime.

What is lake Michigan like in late May early June ? Is it to cold to swim? Also I see where one site listed him as being 124 pounds why would he need an extra large pants

Lake Michigan would be very, very cold at this time, though the weather is usually warm enough. Someone above suggested he may have had two pairs of pants due to being transient, and perhaps one was larger to accommodate layering?

I have been searching matches since it seems he is distinctive enough to get a hit, but I'm thinking he may not have ever been reported missing.

I think you're right! To me it looks like it says No, and the other way END.

Wonder if the N.F.L. tatoo is another gang tattoo, for " From Linwood" a Detroit, Michigan gang. Not too distant from Akron and Cleveland.

Wonder if the N.F.L. tatoo is another gang tattoo, for " From Linwood" a Detroit, Michigan gang. Not too distant from Akron and Cleveland.
Or the initials of a person.

It doesn't look like it's anything to do with NFL football.

Would a person belong to more than one gang?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Hoping I can help out a little here. Looking at historical weather records for June 15, 2015 it appears the daytime high was 82 degrees. That would be fine weather to be swimming in Lake Michigan. There would have been a host of people down at the Lake Front on a day like that.

If he was found at Ohio Street and the Lake Front, he was close by Navy Pier. Navy Pier is an entertainment district including a ferris wheel, restaurants and entertainment venues.

Ohio Street is also the main thoroughfare thru the downtown area from the Kennedy Expressway. Most people going downtown Chicago are reaching the downtown area from the Kennedy Expressway or the Dan Ryan Expressway from the south.

I just recently read a story about a homeless camp that was I believe somewhere near Montrose Harbor. I believe it had to do with the Wilson Street bridge. Let me see if I can find that article again. I believe there was a woman who was helping the homeless fight to keep their housing at that location. Maybe she would recognize him if he was homeless?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 173
  • Capture-map.jpg
    Capture-map.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 170
Big City thank you! This is great info. I saw he was found near Navy Pier and the homeless camps fits with the clothing. I don’t think he was swimming personally. Who would ever go in wearing 2 pairs of pants? However strange things have happened. I’m not sure if everyone noticed but in one picture there is a particularly gruesome pic of his face in the background. It appears a couple of teeth are missing. Does that happen quite often as a body decays (tooth loss) or could that be a possible way to help identify. Next up the face is severely decomposed so how would they determine Asian vs say Latino?

He was found on June 10 (not 15) and could have been in water since May or April or even prior to that. I do not know weather over there but I assume it would be still cold enough in those months to correspond with him wearing underpants? For some reason I do not see homeless but more situation where some deal gone bad but that just imho.

By the way there was Asian male who is still unidentified found in Cleveland Ohio in 1997. Coincidentally was also found in lake but dead due to undetermined violence. Makes me wonder if it could be anyway related or if Cleveland has big Asian population.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-70-Operation-Desert-Shield-sweatshirt-Mar-97

From what I have read it appears that Cleveland has an Asian population that makes up 1.8% of its 375000 citizens. So not that high really. His tattoos speak to someone who grew up in Ohio though. It’s unfortunate prints were not available because I really believe he would likely have some kind of prints on file. Not to stereotype but the money over *****es tattoo typically goes with someone who had some criminal issues at some point in their life.

Hoping I can help out a little here. Looking at historical weather records for June 15, 2015 it appears the daytime high was 82 degrees. That would be fine weather to be swimming in Lake Michigan. There would have been a host of people down at the Lake Front on a day like that.

If he was found at Ohio Street and the Lake Front, he was close by Navy Pier. Navy Pier is an entertainment district including a ferris wheel, restaurants and entertainment venues.

Ohio Street is also the main thoroughfare thru the downtown area from the Kennedy Expressway. Most people going downtown Chicago are reaching the downtown area from the Kennedy Expressway or the Dan Ryan Expressway from the south.

I just recently read a story about a homeless camp that was I believe somewhere near Montrose Harbor. I believe it had to do with the Wilson Street bridge. Let me see if I can find that article again. I believe there was a woman who was helping the homeless fight to keep their housing at that location. Maybe she would recognize him if he was homeless?
*graphics snipped for space*

Good to see you on this thread Big City! If the UID was homeless or (even just heavily involved in street life/gang culture) I wonder if he could have previously been a runaway from a group home or foster care? Not having close family ties could explain no one coming forward as recognizing him yet.

they usually can tell from the actual skull.

Big City thank you! This is great info. I saw he was found near Navy Pier and the homeless camps fits with the clothing. I don’t think he was swimming personally. Who would ever go in wearing 2 pairs of pants? However strange things have happened. I’m not sure if everyone noticed but in one picture there is a particularly gruesome pic of his face in the background. It appears a couple of teeth are missing. Does that happen quite often as a body decays (tooth loss) or could that be a possible way to help identify. Next up the face is severely decomposed so how would they determine Asian vs say Latino?

He was found on June 10 (not 15) and could have been in water since May or April or even prior to that. I do not know weather over there but I assume it would be still cold enough in those months to correspond with him wearing underpants? For some reason I do not see homeless but more situation where some deal gone bad but that just imho.

By the way there was Asian male who is still unidentified found in Cleveland Ohio in 1997. Coincidentally was also found in lake but dead due to undetermined violence. Makes me wonder if it could be anyway related or if Cleveland has big Asian population.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-70-Operation-Desert-Shield-sweatshirt-Mar-97

Thank you for the correction on the date. I have not looked at the pic's yet. You know, youngsters home and all. Typically, we do not have snow in April and May. April usually hovers in the 70 range and may could be the same or a little warmer. Usually, the Memorial Day Weekend is the kickoff to the nice weather.

I recall there being a lot of gang commotion at the Taste of Chicago a few years back, but it was too early for Taste of Chicago I believe.

Good to see you on this thread Big City! If the UID was homeless or (even just heavily involved in street life/gang culture) I wonder if he could have previously been a runaway from a group home or foster care? Not having close family ties could explain no one coming forward as recognizing him yet.

So nice to see you too Gardener!! You sure are a busy helping with the UID's. I sure wish I had more time to help! I have only been following a few cases of interest lately.

You are absolutely right about the possibility of street life/gang culture. If you want to go to the beach, then its down to the lakefront for most Chicagoan's including gang members. Having grown up in the big city and been exposed to all kinds of things there~~I can't say that I've heard of any Asian gangs per say, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. LOL~~I just haven't been exposed to them.
I see CValdez 1975 on this thread too! Hi to all!!! :seeya:

As far as the city goes, Uptown is a racially mixed area. I've spent many a days at the lakefront, mostly we would go to Oak Street Beach. I'm not as familiar with the South Side and I'll do my best to answer any questions you all may have.

There are Asian gangs. They're more common on the west coast, but we have them in New England.

Yes, Asian ethnicity can usually be determined from the skull, the cheekbones especially.

When my daughter went to college in Chicago, she said that they called May and June "body season." The winds shifted so all the drowning victims etc. who had been blown out into the center of the lake by the west-to-east winds during fall and winter now blew back towards shore. Sometimes they came from quite some distance away. I don't remember whether she mentioned anybody from as far away as Cleveland, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back