Identified! IL - Cook Co, BlkMale, 20-30, Tats: Cleveland 216, Rubber City Boy 330, NFL, Jun'15 - Michael Rogers

Sorry Carbuff~~didn't mean to exclude you. Hi!! :seeya:

I didn't mean to say they don't exist~~I just hadn't had an exposure or heard of them in Chicago. When I was growing up there were many gangs in the city, some white, some AA, some Hispanic. I just didn't ever hear of any Asian gang. I'm sure they exist in a city as big as Chicago, but I guess what I was trying to say is that although familiar with the names of a lot of them (seeing graffiti and all) I just hadn't seen any that gave the appearance of being Asian.

Been checking out that NFL gang. A bunch of them make rap videos, so I've been going through the old ones to see if I can find this guy or his tattoos.

Don't know if anyone here has heard the bizarre story of the Northwestern University Professor, but I checked out his address and he seems to be within close proximity to where these UID's were found. I'm wondering if he had anything to do with these UID's.

If he is connected and given that the guy he was "dating" and subsequently stabbed to death was from Michigan, this Asian fellow could be from just about anywhere. The guy he committed the murder with was from England. He had paid for the guy to come here. MSM was reporting that they had another guy coming the next day. Wonder where he was from? :thinking:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...asies-prosecutors-say/?utm_term=.9c7ce3218cb6
attachment.php

ETA: Not sure why the 1000 East Ohio address is not showing up now in Google Earth, but it is posted above for reference.

Attachments

• Capture-AM.jpg
    Capture-AM.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 128
I live on the gulf in the south. I just found out this year that your chances of drowning in lakes is much worse than salt water. Something to do with your body reacting to the salination. The group home aspect would make sense, however a juvenile would absolutely be reported missing unless lost in a foster system. I’ve spent a lot of time reading about skulls and how race is determined. The only real conclusive thing through all articles is that race profiling on skulls is an inexact science at best. One thing I did see is Europeans frequently have more crowded teeth and if you see the pic w teeth in the background there is clearly some crowding. Regardless on his race he was very Americanized.

Big City thank you! This is great info. I saw he was found near Navy Pier and the homeless camps fits with the clothing. I don’t think he was swimming personally. Who would ever go in wearing 2 pairs of pants? However strange things have happened. I’m not sure if everyone noticed but in one picture there is a particularly gruesome pic of his face in the background. It appears a couple of teeth are missing. Does that happen quite often as a body decays (tooth loss) or could that be a possible way to help identify. Next up the face is severely decomposed so how would they determine Asian vs say Latino?

I live on the gulf in the south. I just found out this year that your chances of drowning in lakes is much worse than salt water. Something to do with your body reacting to the salination. The group home aspect would make sense, however a juvenile would absolutely be reported missing unless lost in a foster system. I’ve spent a lot of time reading about skulls and how race is determined. The only real conclusive thing through all articles is that race profiling on skulls is an inexact science at best. One thing I did see is Europeans frequently have more crowded teeth and if you see the pic w teeth in the background there is clearly some crowding. Regardless on his race he was very Americanized.

If you look at the photo where you can see his teeth in the background it appears that his forehead and head hair is visible beneath the arm. If I'm seeing this right, it looks like his eyes would be right under the arm. The skin of his forehead appears smooth like most of the arms showing the tattoos. It may be that the skin of his face was beginning to disintegrate at the jaw/around the mouth but perhaps his forehead and eye sockets were still intact. I'm guessing they could identify his race based on soft tissues present still showing the shape of his eyelids/eyes and the shape of his nose. Of course, if they were wrong about their guess based on this, it would not be the first time that the incorrect race was assigned to an UID. It would not hurt to keep an open mind and look for any missing persons with the same/similar tattoos.

With the 2 pairs of pants he was wearing he was most likely homeless; in this case it's likely no one was looking for him. Also, I wonder if police checked records of Asian males who attended Ohio State?
Just trying to clarify stuff in my own mind--where did you see two pairs of pants? I thought it said thermal underwear under sweatpants, which would be normal cold-weather attire in the northern states, but I might have overlooked it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

So I’m sure this is an obvious question but hoping someone can clarify. Is there not a state database in Ohio for criminals that list their tattoos? Not saying our guy was a criminal just saying this to rule out. I dated an officer for about a year and he always had access to a state database where he could enter a tattoo description and all inmates with that matching tattoo were listed for him.

So I’m sure this is an obvious question but hoping someone can clarify. Is there not a state database in Ohio for criminals that list their tattoos? Not saying our guy was a criminal just saying this to rule out. I dated an officer for about a year and he always had access to a state database where he could enter a tattoo description and all inmates with that matching tattoo were listed for him.

It doesn’t seem to list tattoos (photos yes) but I found a database of all parole violators at large wanted out of Ohio: https://appgateway.drc.ohio.gov/Off...LpnjHl41&newLtr=A&SearchCount=57&CurrentLtr=L

I’ve been going through that too. The tattoos he has line up with the guys I hung out with when I was younger. I think he will be in the 25-36 age group once identified. However as I stated I live in the south so I do suppose the MOB tattoos could have taken longer to reach down here.

Attaching some close ups on certain tattoos on him to see if anybody recognizes the symbols. Also the rubber city boy looks likes it’s covering something else. Also regarding the two pair of pants I just included thermals as pants. Which is why I said 2. So if he went in when it was really cold then it could have drastically slowed down decomp right?

A couple of articles about Lake Michigan drownings that might be interesting:

http://chicagoist.com/2016/06/17/yet_another_dead_body_pulled_from_l.php

https://weather.com/news/news/lake-michigan-drownings

Hi BCA! I didn't think you were neglecting me -- can't remember everybody :D

Good Morning all!

Carbuff~~the first article you posted, I believe is related to the Male Black found at 1801 N. Lake Shore Dr. The time frame fits. Found 6-17-16 and the article was published on 6-17-16, so I'm guessing same person.

I'm growing more interested in this Professor and his psychosis and his living proximity to the lake where these 5 males were found in the lake.

I found this Asian male from Michigan. A PHD student no less. Looks like he may have staged his own death as the circumstances are strange regarding the airplane he rented and his body not being found with it when it crashed 400 miles away in Canada. No footprints in the snow. The resemblance to this guy is uncanny. Of course, may not be related at all~~BUT~~I just can't get over the resemblance. Ears are a little off but everything else seems to fit well.

attachment.php

Xin Rong

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37576/58

Attachments

• Capture-possible.jpg
    Capture-possible.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 143

HI Clairshere! :seeya:

I can attest to the danger of this Lake and I'm sure all the great Lakes as well. We own property on Lake Michigan in another state. I don't let ANYONE go out there unless they have a life jacket on. We have jet skis and one day when I wasn't there, the hubby and a guest decided they were going to take the jet skis out when the waves were 6-8 feet tall. The hubby fell off the jet ski and couldn't get back on b/c every time he tried the waves would push him back down. They ended up towing the jet ski with the hubby holding onto the back to shore. By the time they had gotten in, the hubby was suffering from slight hypothermia and the rescue squad was out looking for them because someone had seen them and thought they were in trouble. I happened to get home about the time they got in and immediately grabbed a blanket and wrapped him in it. (Oh~~it was a beautiful day that day~~with a storm rolling in and the hubby still got hypothermia) I won't let anyone go out on this lake when it isn't calm. So, yes indeed~~~this Lake is very, very dangerous.

Good Morning all!

Carbuff~~the first article you posted, I believe is related to the Male Black found at 1801 N. Lake Shore Dr. The time frame fits. Found 6-17-16 and the article was published on 6-17-16, so I'm guessing same person.

I'm growing more interested in this Professor and his psychosis and his living proximity to the lake where these 5 males were found in the lake.

I found this Asian male from Michigan. A PHD student no less. Looks like he may have staged his own death as the circumstances are strange regarding the airplane he rented and his body not being found with it when it crashed 400 miles away in Canada. No footprints in the snow. The resemblance to this guy is uncanny. Of course, may not be related at all~~BUT~~I just can't get over the resemblance. Ears are a little off but everything else seems to fit well.

attachment.php

Xin Rong

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/37576/58

Wow, the second pic of him looks even more like the sketch, IMO:

He doesn't have any DNA. No mention of tattoos. Does that plane have auto-pilot? Could he have set the autopilot towards Canada and bailed out over Lake Michigan? Timing is right for him to be the John Doe-- March 2017. Only problem is the tattoos. There is a pic of him in short sleeves here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4339230/Pilot-27-missing-plane-crash-believed-dead.html
No tats visible. No connection to Ohio, either. Unless he survived the bail out, started a new life and got all those tats in Ohio only to die soon after that in Lake Michigan... IDK.

Wow, the second pic of him looks even more like the sketch, IMO:

He doesn't have any DNA. No mention of tattoos. Does that plane have auto-pilot? Could he have set the autopilot towards Canada and bailed out over Lake Michigan? Timing is right for him to be the John Doe-- March 2017. Only problem is the tattoos. There is a pic of him in short sleeves here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4339230/Pilot-27-missing-plane-crash-believed-dead.html
No tats visible. No connection to Ohio, either. Unless he survived the bail out, started a new life and got all those tats in Ohio only to die soon after that in Lake Michigan... IDK.

Wait, on second look I was wrong. John Doe was found in 2015-- 2 years BEFORE Xin Rong went missing. So it can't be him. :facepalm:

He kinda looks like Mo Zhang, missing at age 17 from Virginia in 2006: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/3851/

2006 to 2015 is plenty of time for a runaway 17 year old to go to Ohio, start a new life and get all those tattoos. And he would be in the right age range in 2015. Only possible mismatch is that Mo Zhang was listed as about 4 inches shorter than the UID.

If you look at the photo where you can see his teeth in the background it appears that his forehead and head hair is visible beneath the arm. If I'm seeing this right, it looks like his eyes would be right under the arm. The skin of his forehead appears smooth like most of the arms showing the tattoos. It may be that the skin of his face was beginning to disintegrate at the jaw/around the mouth but perhaps his forehead and eye sockets were still intact. I'm guessing they could identify his race based on soft tissues present still showing the shape of his eyelids/eyes and the shape of his nose. Of course, if they were wrong about their guess based on this, it would not be the first time that the incorrect race was assigned to an UID. It would not hurt to keep an open mind and look for any missing persons with the same/similar tattoos.

I'm not sure what photo you're referring to?

I really think we will be looking at an Ohio native or someone who arrived there shortly after birth. It’s unusual for someone to show that kind of loyalty to an area they weren’t native to.

I Am still wondering if the police have searched the database for matching inmate tattoos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back