IL - Cristy Campbell found dead after infant saved in lake rescue, 16 March 2017

[bbm] or she knows less than she's putting on, which is why she hesitated and then gave the wrong idea ...

If you look at the video of the interview with the neighbor lady with blonde hair, it should be on the STLtoday link from my post above, the lady answers the question of how long the family lived there as "a long time" after some hesitation. In Cristy's facebook she states she moved in July 2016. That really isn't a long time in my view. I'm willing to bet this lady knows more than she was letting on. I'm sure the police have a lot to go on and a lot of the info of this just isn't there, just like with the Rhoden family, but I hope this get sorted out quickly for the children. This case really bugs me.

50 police calls in seven years. That almost a call a month.

I can only imagine what Cristy and the kids had to go through.

Hopefully the children can remain together.

JMO

It's tragic enough for the kids to loose both of their parents, splitting them up would be

her FB is mostly about her kids but there's a few 'What will 2017 bless you with?' and 'What awaits you in 2017?' kind of quizzes that I found really sad ...

this is Cristy's fb. I went through and she posts in 6/16 about moving out of her apt into a house and how she was feeling bittersweet as it had been her only place on her own. I believe she and her ex husband were moving into this house together at this time. upthread a link stated they lived at the house since 7/16. im sure even though they lived apart they began seeing each other earlier, perhaps they never truly broke up for very long. she was pregnant by the time she moved to the house.

https://www.facebook.com/cristy.campbell.7

it's ridiculous ... someone should've intervened because obviously it wasn't a safe or stable environment for those kids

50 police calls in seven years. That almost a call a month.

I can only imagine what Cristy and the kids had to go through.

Hopefully the children can remain together.

JMO

It's tragic enough for the kids to loose both of their parents, splitting them up would be

A vigil was held for Justin Campbell Friday afternoon. He was a former assistant manager at a Bob Evans Restaurant in Collinsville. His former employees wanted to remember him and let the public know what he was like. Some worked with him for a year, others just a few months. They are still in shock over the news of his sudden and violent death. The resturaunt location closed last May.

http://fox2now.com/2017/03/17/autop...-glen-carbon-house-fire-was-shot-in-the-head/

Watching the video of the Bob Evans employees holding a vigil for Justin is somewhat troubling, knowing he was so abusive to Cristy.

The abuse that likely caused Cristy to kill Justin.

JMO

This is an extremely sad story. She was vey beautiful, only 32, had seven children, worked and got beaten up all the time!
Wow ....I would have put myself on the pill if for any reason I felt I couldn't get out alive of that situation.

He was a good looking black man and people seemed to like him. Why the memorial now that they found how he really was ?

Another thing which I don't understand - on his Facebook page - the top background is of him, a pretty black woman and a young kid.... did he have two families? There is really nothing on his facebook page and he has not posted since the mid 2015.

wow this is so sad

Her fb does not represent a women who looks willing to kill her children, every picture is of them. Of course we cant know what goes on inside of her, it just doesnt seem to fit how loving she looks.

If she did this something had to of put her in an extremely dark place, that night. She loved thise kids far too much to ever do this. Unless she kilked her husband and is so distraught think the kids wont be able to live being without their father and mother on top of her being the one to take his life. Even then she talks of nothing but her kids and seems like an amazing mom. She also comes acoss as a very mentally stable person.

If she did this something had to of put her in an extremely dark place, that night. She loved thise kids far too much to ever do this. Unless she kilked her husband and is so distraught think the kids wont be able to live being without their father and mother on top of her being the one to take his life. Even then she talks of nothing but her kids and seems like an amazing mom. She also comes acoss as a very mentally stable person.

xmsmadex, I agree and so many questions. I wonder what the children have been through and what they saw. I pray they were somehow shielded from the bad, but kids are very smart.

Unless you know a person and live with that person, you don't really know that person. Even then do you really know that person? So many hide behind social media and put out there what they want you to see. Kind of like wearing rose-colored glasses.

I'm in no way putting Cristy down, I did not know her personally and Godspeed to her and Justin Campbell.

I pray their children are taken in by family and are able to stay together and get the counseling they will desperately need.
My heart breaks for this family.

I just saw a comment on FB from a very old, trusted friend of mine. He posted about the case and one of his friends stated she went to high school with Cristy. She said she was always a friendly, upbeat person and that it's very unlike her. She says she must have gone through a major emotional breakdown to have done something this tragic. Sadly, it sounds like she endured too many years of domestic violence and abuse. Why was she unable to get help?

Preliminary autopsy results released Friday show 37-year-old Justin Campbell died from the gunshot wound. But testing can't be done to determine whether the gun found in Cristy Campbell's SUV was used to shoot Campbell because the bullet that struck him hasn't been found, according to Madison County Coroner Steve Nonn.

Nonn later told The Associated Press that nothing in the investigation or autopsy suggests the gunshot wound was self-inflected.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/illinois-paramedic-saves-infant-submerged-suv-46193396

Paramedics Todd Zobris account of rescuing 3-month-old Julian Campbell found in the submerged vehicle:

Paramedics Todd Zobrist and Ty Barr arrived minutes later. Zobrist said he could see headlights in the water and knew there might be someone inside the SUV, which was submerged in about 5 feet of water. He stripped off his shirt, socks and boots, and swam 75 feet to the vehicle.

“When I got halfway there I was thoroughly thinking to myself, ‘This is a terrible decision and I really need to just turn around and go back to the dock because I’m going to get myself in a lot of trouble,’” Zobrist said at a news conference Friday. “At that point, though, I was committed, I was already wet, I was already cold.”

Dark outside and difficult to see, he found the only access inside the vehicle was through an open driver’s side window. Zobrist peered into the back seat — and saw something.

“It looked like two feet and two hands,” he said. “And at first I thought it was just a doll, a kid’s toy of some sort.”

It was 3-month-old Julian Campbell, alone and floating inside the SUV with about 8 inches of air space.

Zobrist pulled the unresponsive infant out the window and began CPR on the SUV’s roof. Once the baby spit out water and began breathing, Zobrist, his muscles aching from the cold, called back to his partner to see if firefighters with a boat and wetsuits were coming.

But the team was delayed by a train blocking access to the lake, so Zobrist swam back to shore with the baby in one arm. The baby was hospitalized and expected to recover.

Zobrist, who has two young sons of his own, was treated for hypothermia in an emergency room but said he was fine. He shied away from any talk about his heroics.

“It was just right place, right time,” he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/illinois-paramedic-saves-infant-submerged-suv-46193396

Preliminary autopsy results released Friday show 37-year-old Justin Campbell died from the gunshot wound. But testing can't be done to determine whether the gun found in Cristy Campbell's SUV was used to shoot Campbell because the bullet that struck him hasn't been found, according to Madison County Coroner Steve Nonn.

Nonn later told The Associated Press that nothing in the investigation or autopsy suggests the gunshot wound was self-inflected.

Why would she take the gun with her? If you had just killed your husband and set the house on fire and planned to kill yourself why bother taking the gun?

This is such a sad story. Maybe she told them to get out of the house before she left? I really don't think she tried to kill them all. The above article says the baby was alone in the vehicle, floating, and the driver's side window was open. Where was Cristy? Maybe she got out and tried to get the baby out before she drowned. If he was floating, he wasn't buckled into a car seat. Although, that could just be because she didn't buckle him in when she left, or left the infant seat at home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back