IL - Cristy Campbell found dead after infant saved in lake rescue, 16 March 2017

Watching the video of the Bob Evans employees holding a vigil for Justin is somewhat troubling, knowing he was so abusive to Cristy.

The abuse that likely caused Cristy to kill Justin.

JMO

Some ppl were thinking ppd too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would she take the gun with her? If you had just killed your husband and set the house on fire and planned to kill yourself why bother taking the gun?

Maybe her original plan was to shoot herself too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cristy Cambell's body was found 400 feet from where the vehicle went into the water. The paramedic that rescued the 3 month old said, the only access inside the vehicle was through an open driver’s side window. Apparently Cristy must have swam out of the open window trying to get free from the car to save herself. The paramedic didn't mention seeing Cristy. It was dark outside at the time, I wonder if Cristy might have swam further away from shore before being overcome by the cold water.

JMO

Cristy Campbell’s body was found around 11:15 a.m. about 400 feet from where the vehicle went into the water, Lakin said. It was pulled from the lake around 1:15 p.m.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_7b623dac-3bbf-5016-86c1-70571f72f6a5.html

Dark outside and difficult to see, he found the only access inside the vehicle was through an open driver's side window. Zobrist peered into the back seat — and saw something.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/illinois-paramedic-saves-infant-submerged-suv-46193396

Madison County Sheriff’s Capt. T. Mike Dixon told the Belleville News-Democrat that what sparked the tragedy might never be fully known.

“There are a lot of questions, including the ‘why,’” he told the newspaper. “That might be something that we always have to speculate on — we may never know the answer as to why. Homicide never makes sense, if that’s what this is.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_7b623dac-3bbf-5016-86c1-70571f72f6a5.html

So she exited the car without trying to get her baby out???

So she exited the car without trying to get her baby out???

That is what I'm thinking.

What are the chances of Cristy floating out of the drivers window?

Cristy had a fairly new SUV. On newer vehicles the doors lock automatically when the transmission is shifted into gear and only unlock when shifted back to park. The only other way to unlock the door is to push the unlock button or manually move the lock mechanism by hand.

I doubt she though about shifting the vehicle to park to unlock the doors in a panic to try and exit the vehicle. If she tried to open the door to exit the vehicle the door was likely locked. She might have then rolled the window down to get out.

We know the drivers window was open since the paramedic said this was the only access into the vehicle. Which also means the drivers door was shut and perhaps locked.

I highly doubt someone who just escaped a sinking vehicle by opening the door, would take the time shut the door behind them.

Investigators should have noted if the doors were locked and what position the gear selector was in when the vehicle was recovered from the lake.

JMO

Interesting article about what might have led Cristy to the chain of events..

Some of the children are old enough to maybe tell investigators if Cristy ushered all the children out of the house or not.

Also if the fire was set before or after the children were out of the house.

Something we will likely never be told.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500