GUILTY IL - Darnell Donerson, Jason Hudson & Julian King, 7, slain, Chicago, 24 Oct 2008

Report on NG that this man IS the boy's father. I was guessing he wasn't because of the different last name. This is so sad for her family. News here in Chicago going crazy trying to get details. Just praying that little boy is released safely very soon.

This is Julian.
1024_julian_myspace.jpg

This is the man suspected to be with Julian

1024_william_balfour.jpg

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2008/10/24/jennifer-hudsons-mother-found-dead

I know there is a thread about the murders in the Crimes in the News section, but I wanted to start one here specifically for Julian.

A search is underway for a young boy who is missing from the home. Jennifer Hudson's 7-year-old nephew, Julian King, has been missing since Friday morning, according to Area 2 Deputy Chief Joseph Patterson.

King may be wearing a tan polo shirt with the number 5 on it and khaki pants.

Patterson said neighbors reported hearing shots between 8 and 9 a.m.

State police have issued an amber alert for the child. He may be with William Balfour. Relatives said Balfour is the husband of Jennifer Hudson's sister, Julia.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6468863

It was saying on CNN that he IS the father of the child. This is so sad. My prayers are with Jennifer and her family. I hope little Julian is found soon.

Report on NG that this man IS the boy's father. I was guessing he wasn't because of the different last name. This is so sad for her family. News here in Chicago going crazy trying to get details. Just praying that little boy is released safely very soon.

Welcome to WS. Let us know if you hear anything new.

Has anyone heard at all where Jen's sister Julia is right now?
She's the little boy's mom right?
Has she said anything yet???
Poor Jen....she just got engaged too...
now she will have to live the rest of her life w/out her mom as well as her dad.
This should be such a happy time for her...
how horribly sad...:(

This just gets worse with every report. :( That poor little boy!! I would hope the sister is in protective custody right now. If she were missing, they would have reported it along with Julian.

Welcome to WS. Let us know if you hear anything new.

Thank you for the welcome SuziQ.

I thought I heard earlier that Jennifer's sister had shown up at the house after the cousin did. Maybe I am mistaken, I was flipping though websites like crazy and might be mixed up. From the myspace page for Balfour it seems it is his stepson, not bio son.

UPDATE 8:35 PM ET: Lost in all this is Jennifer's sister Julia, mother of the missing 7-year-old. We're told she works as a bus driver in Chicago. Her employer told us she worked her shift today. She hasn't been seen since.

Not much credibility to TMZ but stating thus far, Julia hasn't been seen since. I don't know how to take that comment. Seen at work, or anywhere?

UPDATE 8:35 PM ET: Lost in all this is Jennifer's sister Julia, mother of the missing 7-year-old. We're told she works as a bus driver in Chicago. Her employer told us she worked her shift today. She hasn't been seen since.

Not much credibility to TMZ but stating thus far, Julia hasn't been seen since. I don't know how to take that comment. Seen at work, or anywhere?

That is scary

This is AWFUL - I am a Chicagoland native -- this is one TOUGH neighborhood. Lot's of gang activity and murders. It was famous for having a serial killer killing prostitutes - not sure if they was ever solved either. God Bless the Hudson family!

Am I the only one thinking that it is a shame that her mom still has to live in such a terrible neighborhood when Jennifer has been so successful? This is such a tragedy!

Am I the only one thinking that it is a shame that her mom still has to live in such a terrible neighborhood when Jennifer has been so successful? This is such a tragedy!

It was Jennifer's mom's choice to stay there.

Maybe her mother was proud of her home. Maybe she was just plain proud. Too proud to accept money or a new home from her daughter.

I am sure we will be learning much about the family dynamics in the following days ahead and this question will be answered, hopefully.

I do believe that LE would have taken her into immediate protective custody and this would account for her not being seen. They would have it plastered everywhere if she were missing along with Julian.

Here's more about Jennifer's mom staying in the area:

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6468863

(snip)
Jennifer Hudson is a member of Progressive Baptist Church on Chicago's South Side. Despite her daughter's celebrity, Donerson chose to stay and live on the South Side, a decision that did not go unnoticed by the church community.
"That says a lot about the fact of the kind of family Jennifer comes from," said Rev. Willie Davis, Progressive Baptist Church. "They're a family of faith. They want to be attached to their roots. And that's just the sign of the nature of their relationship with God."

What a horrible thing to happen.I don't understand the neighbours heard gunshots at 9-9:30 a.m. that morning,why didn't they call the police?

My prayers go out to Jen & her sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back