IL - Girl, 17, strangled, left for dead, Belleville, 27 April 2006

I read that Ashley was a student of his when he was a student teacher at her school and that they were in a current relationship. I took that to mean a "girlfriend/boyfriend" type of thing.

I don't buy for one minute that it was accidental. I also read that they found latex gloves and chewing tobacco where they found her body.

I wonder if she will be paralyzed, with a broken neck. I surely hope not. He probably was horrified that she was still alive when he led police to her body. If she recovers, she can tell the "real" story if she remembers it. It is a miracle that she survived his two attempts at murdering her (breaking her neck and then strangling her with a belt).

He was a part-time professional wrestler that had bulked up. I wonder if he was on steroids...

Steroids are a very strong possibility. My husband was a competitive bodybuilder, so I spent a lot of time in the gym with him and I can tell you it was pretty easy to tell which ones were on a cycle and which ones were not. Roid rage ain't pretty and with the guys that I saw that were in the 250-300 pound range, even for a person my size, it was pretty intimidating. If this guy had other "issues," something could very possibly have set him off - not that I would consider it to be much of a mitigating factor in sentencing him.

Hi I am a new poster, I have been a lurker for a while. I read on here that she might be pregnant, I havnt read that in any articles though. is she pregnant?? that could have been motive.

now I cant find the posts that mentioned the pregnancy:doh:

SCmomof2 said:
Hi I am a new poster, I have been a lurker for a while. I read on here that she might be pregnant, I havnt read that in any articles though. is she pregnant?? that could have been motive.

Hi and welcome!! I haven't heard that aspect of it, but something tells me that there's probably not much interest in someone his age being around someone her age if sex wasn't in the mix or he was trying to get it in the mix, if you know what I mean.

SCmomof2 said:

I saw some posts in the messages posted in response to Steve Huff's blog entry on this topic that mentioned pregnancy. Apparently, someone posted a message to the local newspaper site saying they hope Ashley and her baby will be ok. And another person pointed out that the teacher is being charged with 2 counts of attempted homicide, which also suggests pregnancy. However, I haven't been able to find any confirmation in the media yet.

http://huffcrimeblog.com/?p=566#comment-10252

Thanks. I have been going crazy looking for where I read it to back up my post. I must have read it in Huffs blog
Mellen said:
I saw some posts in the messages posted in response to Steve Huff's blog entry on this topic that mentioned pregnancy. Apparently, someone posted a message to the local newspaper site saying they hope Ashley and her baby will be ok. And another person pointed out that the teacher is being charged with 2 counts of attempted homicide, which also suggests pregnancy. However, I haven't been able to find any confirmation in the media yet.

Mellen said:

If you read further down in the comments, you will see that people deny this. They think he was charged with 2 counts b/c of the 2 different ways he tried to kill her.

SCmomof2 said:

Hiya SCmomof2...just wanted to say hiya and welcome to the world of posting on WS :)

Ike said:
There is a little bit of new information in this article.

The attorney for Samson R. Shelton, the teacher and part-time professional wrestler accused of breaking his one-time student's neck and leaving her for dead, said Wednesday that his client planned to fight the accusations against him.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...FB0C9AC5A57D3FD08625716400161DBD?OpenDocument

Well good luck to him when fighting the accusations. He is the one who led LE to Ashley. There is no way he would have known where she was left if he hadn't left her there. He also admitted breaking her neck while trying to get her out of the car. I wonder if he left his belt around her neck after he tried to strangle her? I can only guess why the creep had his belt off in the first place. I think he tried to kill her because she wouldn't go along with a country romp in the bushes.

2sisters said:
Does anyone know of Ahsley's current condidtion?

Her parents aren't giving any interviews and don't want anyone to know which hospital she is in. I wish they would keep us informed of her progress. We want to know because we care. I just hope that she won't be paralyzed or has brain damage. That poor girl and everything that she went through. I hope she heals and doesn't have any after affects.

Bobbisangel said:
Her parents aren't giving any interviews and don't want anyone to know which hospital she is in. I wish they would keep us informed of her progress. We want to know because we care. I just hope that she won't be paralyzed or has brain damage. That poor girl and everything that she went through. I hope she heals and doesn't have any after affects.
The Father has spoken a little with the media here in this article on her condition...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/982CCF43AE98A2678625716500555F70?OpenDocument

Also she is in Cardinal Glennon Hospital in St. Louis. From personal experience with my own children, this is definately my first choice hospital.

I don't know the victim or her family, but I do remember the perp from my high school days. I didn't have enough contact with him to actually form any sort of personal opinions of him though.

Edit: Way off topic.. but I just realized it's my 1 yr annv from joining the site. It's about time I finally start posting :dance:

He deserves to be sitting in jail.......what a sick sorry azz piece of chit!

That poor girl.....it makes me sick to think she was discarded like garbage & left to die. He must be the lowest form of trash that there is! :sick:

Welcome to the world of unlurking...lol. Good to see you posting. :dance:

iambehaving said:
The Father has spoken a little with the media here in this article on her condition...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/982CCF43AE98A2678625716500555F70?OpenDocument

Also she is in Cardinal Glennon Hospital in St. Louis. From personal experience with my own children, this is definately my first choice hospital.

I don't know the victim or her family, but I do remember the perp from my high school days. I didn't have enough contact with him to actually form any sort of personal opinions of him though.

Edit: Way off topic.. but I just realized it's my 1 yr annv from joining the site. It's about time I finally start posting :dance:

Glad that you decided to join us here. We can always use another theory or idea. Welcome!

It doesn't sound like the doctors know to much yet does it. I wonder if she is in a sleep induced coma or if she just isn't waking up yet. I've read that patients are often kept in a sleep induced coma when their injurys are so severe. That poor girl.

I wonder what in the world this guy was thinking. He is 26 yrs old. What did he see in a 17 yr old kid? I see he is still saying that he will fight the charges. What an idiot. How can he fight the charges when he led LE to her. When she comes to she will be able to tell LE what happened and we know the story won't be pretty. I hope he doesn't get his bail lowered. He is right where he should be. She could have died between the time he left her there and the time he took LE to show them where she was.

How big is the town that you guys are from? I'm wondering because his mother took a leave of absence from her Kindergarden teaching job. Is the town small enough that everyone would connect her with her son?

I really hope that this girl will be healthy and whole after she recovers.

Bobbisangel said:
*SNIPPED*

How big is the town that you guys are from? I'm wondering because his mother took a leave of absence from her Kindergarden teaching job. Is the town small enough that everyone would connect her with her son?
Well this is Smithton where I believe his mom worked for their school...

http://www.city-data.com/city/Smithton-Illinois.html

..As you can see its super tiny! Everyone knows everyone in that type of place. Lots of small towns in the area also. Word travels fast around here! I'd assume she needed the leave from work just to deal with the stress and everything going on in life around this. I have one child who only has 3 more days of school, and the other is completely done before the month end. It's possible she really isn't missing but a week or two of work.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back