IL - Girl, 17, strangled, left for dead, Belleville, 27 April 2006

Does anyone know what lead this creep to take LE to where he left her? I'm still wanting to know what his reasoning was for doing this? At some point I believe I read he had an excuse he thought would be reasonable.
What on earth he was thinking we will NEVER understand!

Thank you so much for posting that. I have wondered and wondered what was happening with Ashley. I'm so glad that she is doing so well. It sounds like she is having to learn to walk and talk all over again. I don't think that is unusual with brain trauma. I hope that she can make a full recovery..bless her heart. By the time that creep goes to trial Ashley will no doubt be able to testify against him. I think the jurors should be able to see/hear her and to know what all she has been through. I'll bet they nail his butt to the floor!

CrimeHater said:
Does anyone know what lead this creep to take LE to where he left her? I'm still wanting to know what his reasoning was for doing this? At some point I believe I read he had an excuse he thought would be reasonable.
What on earth he was thinking we will NEVER understand!

I don't know that I ever heard how he came to tell LE where Ashley was. He must have thought that she would be dead when they found her. Now she will be able to tell a jury everything that happened if she remembers it.

I think this all came about because he wanted more from her then she was willing to give. I don't know if he raped her or maybe that is why he was trying to drag her out of the car and on to the grass. He thought he broke her neck when he was trying to drag her out of the car. He said he heard something pop. He must have realized that she was still breathing because he tried to strangle her THREE times with his belt...which he probably already had taken off! Who can ever understand a person like this reasoning.

Breaking someone's neck isn't an easy thing to do, and I find it hard to believe you can do it "accidentally"...

I think the only accidental thing in this whole situation is that she was still alive. May she continue to improve and may the creep get what is coming to him, now or later.

I wonder when he goes to trial? I guess the longer it takes the better it will be for Ashley and her ability to take the stand. I hope he is scared to death just knowing that she is getting better and will be able to testify against him. I hope he has nightmares every night about it. He better enjoy his freedom cause he isn't going to have it for much longer. I wonder if his 18 yr old girlfriend is still coming over to visit him. She is a fool if she is.

A year ago this month, a local teenager was attacked and left for dead in the Metro East.

Police found Ashley Reeves in a Belleville park 30 hours after the attack.
The suspect, Sam Shelton was a teacher and an assistant coach at Freeburg High School.

Police say Sam Shelton left Ashley Reeves in the woods to die then went dancing in Collinsville.

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov_localnews_070410_sheltontapes.c0145bf.html

A year ago this month, a local teenager was attacked and left for dead in the Metro East.

Police found Ashley Reeves in a Belleville park 30 hours after the attack.
The suspect, Sam Shelton was a teacher and an assistant coach at Freeburg High School.

Police say Sam Shelton left Ashley Reeves in the woods to die then went dancing in Collinsville.

http://www.kmov.com/localnews/stories/kmov_localnews_070410_sheltontapes.c0145bf.html

The trial is supposed to start July 23. I wonder how the girl is doing now. I hope that she is not paralyzed and has fully recovered.

Not only did he break her neck and strangle her, he left her for dead? She was out there for 30 HOURS?!? That must have been agonizing.

I can't even begin to think of an adequate punishment for something like this.

How is it possible that he is only on house arrest? :behindbar I followed this case too. Do you think they'll allow his confession in court?

MG

http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.3.1

Aww, the guy tried to kill himself but failed.

Authorities found Shelton, who was free on bond in the teenager case, on Tuesday morning after responding to a call at his mother's home for a report that a man had overdosed and was unresponsive. (little more at link)

I'm p.o.'d that he's been free on bond all this time!!! What the heck is wrong with the courts in this nation?

Samson Shelton

Housed: Hill Correctional Center
Admit Date: 06/21/2007

Offense: Attempted Murder
Sentence: 20 years

Projected Parole Date: 04/22/2024

bumping up.

Lifetime movie tonight 8pm
Left for Dead: The Ashley Reeves Story

In 2006, 17-year-old Ashley Reeves (Anwen O’Driscoll) is left for dead in the woods following a brutal attack. After spending 30 horrific hours in the cold, gravely wounded, lying in the dirt, and paralyzed, the police find her alive. Her injuries are so severe that she must re-learn how to walk and talk. With no memory of what happened, she begins a long and painful recovery while searching her shattered memory to unlock the mystery of who did this to her.

Left for Dead: The Ashley Reeves Story | Lifetime

Cinemaholic.com shares that Samson Shelton remains incarcerated.

At trial he refused an apology to his victim. Assaulted EMT'S during his several "suicide attempts" and generally does not work well with others.

Next up 2027.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie