GUILTY IL - Jacob Wheeler, 22, & Jessica Evans, 17, White County, 25 Aug 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/19390355/body-of-female-found-in-bed-of-pickup-truck

Wheeler and the driver of the vehicle have not been found.

I'm confused. Was there a third person with them. . .or just bad reporting?

from the kfvs article:

Even though the truck matches the vehicle description of the two people who were reported missing Sunday, authorities have not released the identity of the female found dead in the truck.

Wheeler and the driver of the vehicle have not been found.

The article is ambiguous. They didn't name the driver and the body has not been ID'd, so it is possible that the body is the third person and Jessica is the driver. I'm going to guess that this is not the most likely conclusion, but the way it is written leaves it open to interpretation.

Sometimes I wonder why a person would choose journalism as a profession if they aren't willing to make an effort to communicate clearly. Poor writing skills are epidemic among today's journalists. (I say this with great respect for the few journalists who do take pride in communicating clearly and accurately!)

(Nevermind. I see that other news agencies have reported that the body is Jessica.)

that post number is blank.. :( I dont see anything.

I didn't see the photos at first either...it takes a few moments for them to appear (for some reason). I just took my cursor and put it in blank area and the photos came up after a few seconds. See if that works for you.
I hate that I can't help more....my tech skills are poor!

Could someone have hurt them both? Is that likely here?

http://www.14news.com/story/19385632/authorities-searching-for-missing-white-county-couple

WHITE CO, IL (WFIE) -
White County authorities confirm the body of 17-year-old Jessica Evans was located in a pickup truck found earlier Monday night.

They are treating her death as a homicide.

The Sheriff's Office found the Dodge truck in a wooded area along the river at the end of Co. Road 2150 N, east of Centerville.
fficials say Wheeler, so far, has not been found.

It is unsure at this time if Wheeler may be a victim in this matter or a person of interest in the death of Evans.

that post number is blank.. :( I dont see anything.

It took a minute for those pics to load for me...but they did come up eventually. They are there, but it looked blank to me at first too.

So sad ... They found her body but he is still missing. RIP Jessica :(

http://m.courierpress.com/news/2012/aug/27/southern-illinois-sheriff-seeks-help-missing-man-t/

WHITE COUNTY, Ill. — UPDATE: The body of a missing 17-year-old girl has been discovered in Southern Illinois and police are searching for the man she was with.

Early Monday, White County Sheriff Doug Maier asked for the public's help in finding Jessica M. Evans of Carmi, Ill., and Jacob Wheeler 22, also of Carmi.

I missed this bit:

also sniped...White County Sheriff Doug Maier said a volunteer searcher on a 4-wheeler found Wheeler’s grey pickup truck down a steep embankment in thick woods near the Little Wabash River in northern White County shortly before 3 p.m. Monday.

I wonder how far it was of a walk out to a road and if the truck was broken down. He could be hurt somewhere in the woods. It doesnt make sense that if he did something to Jessica he would keep her in the truck instead of leaving her and taking the truck.

Kind of freaked out now...this is extremely close to where I live. This guy may be a murderer and he may still be on the loose. :(

So... am I reading this right?

she was found in a white pick up (hers?)?

they have found Wheeler's grey truck ...

but not wheeler?

I assume there were just the two of them in two separate trucks?

Please correct me if I am wrong...

I am confused! :crazy:

I wonder how far it was of a walk out to a road and if the truck was broken down. He could be hurt somewhere in the woods. It doesnt make sense that if he did something to Jessica he would keep her in the truck instead of leaving her and taking the truck.

Going by what has been said in the articles, I think I've found the correct road. It is a remote area. Lots of country roads, but at least a few miles to the highway. You're right- he could be hurt somewhere. It is also possible that a third party killed them both and he just hasn't been found yet.

I did notice that, initially, SHE was reported missing but he wasn't, even though neither of them came back. Of course, it could just be because she is a minor and he is an adult.

but not wheeler?

No. They found his gray truck, with her in it. I think you're getting white from "White County." There is only one truck.

but not wheeler?

sorry to quote myself..

but I read further and found she was discovered in Wheeler's truck bed... In WHITE County..

and he is still at large.

Poor, cute girl!

No. They found his gray truck, with her in it. I think you're getting white from "White County." There is only one truck.

Thank you for kindly correcting me!

Yes... I pulled in WHITE from the name of the county.

Going by what has been said in the articles, I think I've found the correct road. It is a remote area. Lots of country roads, but at least a few miles to the highway. You're right- he could be hurt somewhere. It is also possible that a third party killed them both and he just hasn't been found yet.

I did notice that, initially, SHE was reported missing but he wasn't, even though neither of them came back. Of course, it could just be because she is a minor and he is an adult.

are you thinking north of effingham, more mattoon area?

It doesnt make much sense that he would kill her and leave her in the truck and walk away.

Maybe she was reported missing first because she is a minor..

And/or maybe he did not have to report to work as early in the week as she did?

Just thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members