IL IL - Joshua Summeries, 5 mos, Zion, 21 Aug 2013 *D. Thorpe guilty*

Three times she was reported, was three chances to save Joshua..He should have never been allowed in her home.I just finished making a diaper cake for my son, baby is due Nov 28 i was so happy and up lifted until i read "people are looking in trash" for him.I talked to my son and dil tonight i told them there will be many days and nights a newborn will have you wore out/stressed/lack of sleep/ told them it happens to everyone so never be ashamed to walk out or call ANYONE to help you..My heart hurts and i pray they find this baby boy..

So she has six children:

1 was with her, Kisha Summeries Woods
1 was with bio dad, Clarence Summeries
4 was in foster care.

Is that right?

So out of six kids she was supposed to take care of only ONE (Joshua - the youngest) which she failed to do.

And in the FB status of Aug 18th bio dad writes he had just been in the hospital with one of his sons because of the deadbeat mom. Probably Joshua.

I'm pretty sad and angry right now.

looking thru his FB dad seems nice enough probably in over his head with four young sons at only 25 yrs old.
after breaking up earlier in the summer both jump right into other heavy "relationships".

Hmm, how about we direct our anger at the perpetrating men, and not give them shaky bio/evo excuses for why they kill children?

Humans - including these men - arent animals in the wild. These men should be held to human standards, not animal ones. :twocents:

Because working in social services I have seen it again and again where mothers choose to let these scum come before their own children. How's about we hold women responsible for their poor decision making skills when it comes to men they allow around their children? I'm not making excuses for the men's behavior, I was explaining it, which is very different.

I keep having the most horrible thoughts about this case. Is 10-15 seconds long enough to stop a baby breathing? Why is it that time after time women allow bfs to hurt or kill their children. Anyone can say well she did not know......I am not trying to judge......but seriously??? These stories are so frequent that I do not understand how anybody could "not know" the risks these days. So very sad. Has anybody heard if they have found him yet? I so hope they do. This little guy deserved so much more.

He would of had to hold his hand over the babies mouth for longer than 10-15 seconds.my guess is he said that to make himself look a little better...than if he said he suffocated the baby. Edited to add: not that it changes the outcome any.

The mothers maiden name is Woods? I grew up in Zion and had a friend with the last name Woods. I wonder if that's her cousin or something :X I wonder if I should ask her.

Little man hasn't been found yet?

IF he is at that trash fill it is just a horrible thought that his little body has been there for days now.

I think they are going to search through a much bigger area than first expected.

<modsnip>

Just to be very, very clear, as I have to assume many of you must be unaware of this, forced sterilization is classified as a crime against humanity. I understand that passions run high in horrifying situations like this, but we must all be responsible for the way we respond. It is not helpful or ok to resort to classist and racist responses because one person committed a horrible, horrible crime. <modsnip>

I encourage you to read more on why compulsory sterilization is a human rights violation, and to consider that two wrongs very much do not make a right.

if Joshua is no longer with us, I just pray that the bf does the right thing & tells LE where he is. Such a cute little baby.
IMO anyone who would murder someone is probably not going to have a clue what is right. Let's just hope he is stupid and LE can make him sing.

Zion cops: Landfill search over, infant's body not found

On Sunday, investigators said they ended the search at the landfill at 5:30 p.m. according to a press release issued Brooks.

Zion police and investigators from other departments combed through an area where they thought the dumpster that had been seen on the video was dumped. They searched the area with cadaver search dogs along and volunteer members of the Illinois and Wisconsin National Guard.

Searchers used rakes and their hands to sifted through the refuse for four days, officials said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...fants-body-not-found-20130825,0,5156706.story

:( So sad to know a landfill will be this child's final resting place.

ALL parents need to be careful who they allow around their children. Until parents learn to put their children first, sadly, this type of crime will continue to repeat itself.

Zion cops: Landfill search over, infant's body not found

On Sunday, investigators said they ended the search at the landfill at 5:30 p.m. according to a press release issued Brooks.

[I]Zion police and investigators from other departments combed through an area where they thought the dumpster that had been seen on the video was dumped. They searched the area with cadaver search dogs along and volunteer members of the Illinois and Wisconsin National Guard. [/I]

Searchers used rakes and their hands to sifted through the refuse for four days, officials said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...fants-body-not-found-20130825,0,5156706.story

:( So sad to know a landfill will be this child's final resting place.

ALL parents need to be careful who they allow around their children. Until parents learn to put their children first, sadly, this type of crime will continue to repeat itself.

BBM This wrenched my heart, not only for this beautiful little baby, but for LE. Many of them mothers and fathers themselves, out there searching for an infant tossed out like so much trash. There are a lot of people in our country who look at police with disdain. I hold them in the highest esteem now. Can't look at them without a certain amount of affection. They probably think I nuts.

What does this really mean? That they have given up on finding him and that the trash fill will be his final resting place? It can't be?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bikerman Chief
Back