IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on a link from CTV that their throats were cut.
I could kill people who do things like this with my bare hands.

This is SO sad.
I hate these "stories".:(

prayers &
love for y'all,
ariel

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand why two second graders were allowed to play outside with no adult supervision. When are parents gonna learn?

http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=46645

"The girls’ throats were cut, authorities said.........

An elementary school about three blocks west of the park was said to be on lockdown today............

A third girl who was with the victims made it home safe, but it's not clear if she knows what happened."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...77.story?coll=chi-news-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

"Jim Goetz, a Zion resident who lives across the street from Beulah Park, said he last saw the two missing girls about 9 a.m. Sunday, when they rode their bicycles to his house to play with his 7-year-old daughter.

At one point, Goetz said, he scolded the children for drawing in chalk on his garage and made them clean it off. After about an hour, the two visiting girls got on their bikes and rode away, saying they were going to ride by the ravine in Beulah Park."

well well well....sometin wong here...hinky meter ding ding dinging...jmo

Jeana (DP) said:
Please people do not allow your children to play outside unsupervised!!!

I am always catch *crap* as being an overprotective parent. I hate being able to say "I told you so." I just can't even begin to imagine these poor family's pain.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm sorry, but I still don't understand why two second graders were allowed to play outside with no adult supervision. When are parents gonna learn?

Or sleep in their own beds in their own room with no adult supervision....or walk to school when they're teenagers, or....do anything without some adult they know watching over them.

Most kids are killed by someone, an adult they know, or are related to....

Yes, just when are parents going to learn that their kids shouldn't be allowed to be kids because we don't really punish the people who harm them? Our laws protect those perps, give them alibi's, make excuses, prolong their going to court, then appeal the decision etc...

I think we need to find out how we change the laws and make sure they're enforced.

Child molester's & killers =shot on site. No lengthy and costly court battle, no stalling tactics, no trying to make up excuses as to why they did it. Nothing. Give them the same sentance that they give their victims and carry it out immediately.

Something not right here! I've got an uneasy feeling.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=46645

Update: Investigators take a bicycle from the scene of a double homocide in the woods near 17th Street and Henke Drive in Zion Monday morning.

zion3.jpg

Jeana (DP) said:

Yeah, and according to the neighbor (Goetz) he saw the girls taking off on their bikes at 9 a.m. but no one came looking for the girls until 8 p.m.? Hard to imagine 2 sets of parents letting their 2nd grader wander around all day, maybe 1 set of parents was supposed to be watching both? And on Mother's Day.... hmmm?

Neighbor man/father of playmante is setting off my hinky meter.

I mean he just saw those 2 girls yesterday and now they are dead with their throats cut and I am wondering why I don't see any "OMG how unbelievable that this happened right here by my house, and I just saw those girls yesterday OMG and a murderer must be loose and I fear for my own child OMG OMG!!" kind of reaction from him.

Seems strange.....not much emotion or shock expressed when he talks...I would be crying if a neighbor kid was murdered.

Does the man have a wife? or is he a single father?

How mad was he about the chalk on the garage?

I think that to get both of them they had to be familiar with the person.

I just have a strange feeling but will not point any fingers at anyone without firm evidence.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/zion09.html

Beulah Park's 80 acres feature ravines and streams and original trails where native Americans lived before the white population influx.

The discovery shocked the community.

Kristela Florek, 9, a friend of one of the girls found dead, showed a picture of one the deceased she carries in her wallet. The note from one of the deceased girls said, “You rox my sox.’’

Florek’s mother, Dora, said she helped search for the girls Sunday night when they went missing.

Counselors were at the school to talk with her daughter.

“I told her to remember all the wonderful things they did [together.] All the good times. Everything,’’ said Dora Florek.

Said the mother, “Who would do this?’’

Autopsies were scheduled for this afternoon

Juliana said:
Yeah, and according to the neighbor (Goetz) he saw the girls taking off on their bikes at 9 a.m. but no one came looking for the girls until 8 p.m.? Hard to imagine 2 sets of parents letting their 2nd grader wander around all day, maybe 1 set of parents was supposed to be watching both? And on Mother's Day.... hmmm?

My neighbors all let their kids wander farther and for longer than I let my son go. Most of the kids are the same age (7) as my son and some are younger, and some are too young but they expect the others to watch out for them. However I don't know anyone who would let them wander for 8 hours. But they do not check sometimes for 3 to 4 hours. It drives me bonkers.

Maybe So said:
Neighbor man/father of playmante is setting off my hinky meter.

I mean he just saw those 2 girls yesterday and now they are dead with their throats cut and I am wondering why I don't see any "OMG how unbelievable that this happened right here by my house, and I just saw those girls yesterday OMG and a murderer must be loose and I fear for my own child OMG OMG!!" kind of reaction from him.

Seems strange.....not much emotion or shock expressed when he talks...I would be crying if a neighbor kid was murdered.

Does the man have a wife? or is he a single father?

How mad was he about the chalk on the garage?

I think that to get both of them they had to be familiar with the person.

I just have a strange feeling but will not point any fingers at anyone without firm evidence.

exactly why my hinky meter is dinging!!!!
what news are you seeing HIM on??? thx

All I am finding is the statement " obvious injuries to the bodies".
Has anyone found anything more definitive as to possible cause of deaths and time of death?
I can't help but wonder if these children lived near a convicted sex offender.

LovelyPigeon said:
That park is very near the girls' homes and school, and has a paved bike trail as well as a play ground area--and the girls were on their bikes when they went missing. Did searchers not look there until this morning?

It appears that LE was in or around the park Sunday night after dark. I don't know if they conducted a line search on foot.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/050905_ns_zion.html

Quote "Brent Paxton, a Lake County Board member who lives across the street from the nature area, said he saw a couple of police cars cruising through the area and shining their lights at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday. He didn't see any activity when he left for work around 8 a.m. Monday. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph