IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #2

I have a request! Since giadana and I were posting almost at the same time and both refered to the accused as s.o.b. can we use that as our reference for him ....

SOB

just like we used ISP to refer to you know who . . .

golfmom said:
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4473376/detail.html

Arrested July 27, 1990 for aggravated assault with a weapon. Convicted Aug. 24, 1990
It says he was convicted but my question is: Did he serve any time for this crime...I haven't read that anywhere have you golfmom??....My god he stabbed a person while threating to kill him...isn't that ATTEMPTED MURDER....how long can you be put away for that??

I get the impression the only time he ever did behind bars was the recent 2 years that he spent before rejoining his family....

joanofarc said:
It says he was convicted but my question is: Did he serve any time...I haven't read that anywhere have you golfmom??....I get the impression the only time he ever did behind bars was the recent 2 years that he spent before rejoining the family....

:waitasec: I honestly don't know ... Isn't that the one where he stabbed someone for squeeling their tires?
The SOBs file is 6 inches thick I guess it'll take some time to wade through it all.

Ya a witness testifed that SOB said something like ... I'm not gonna to stab you, I'm gonna kill you. How did that figure out to be assault?

messiecake said:
I had a life (I was abused,in and out of foster care,raped,a highschool dropout,was a teenage Mom,used drugs and hung around with some real scumbags,have a mental illness yadda yadda yadda) BUT I have never HURT anyone!! I never went to jail,chased anyone with a chainsaw or stabbed my baby in the eyes!!(writing that makes me tear up).Ive never raped anyone or beat my kids or let someone else do either!!
I take care of my kids and my house.I got my degree.I pay taxes,I vote.I go to Church and try to be a productive member of society.I dont love everyone and they sure as hell dont love me *but* I nod to my neighbors and take care of my business-period.

Mess, I just wanted to send a great big hug to you! Thank you for sharing with me your life. Life is tough for everyone, and some do have it worse than others ... but what you've chose to grow in your garden is blessings instead of curses.
Hugs!
GM

golfmom said:
:waitasec: I honestly don't know ... Isn't that the one where he stabbed someone for squeeling their tires?
The SOBs file is 6 inches thick I guess it'll take some time to wade through it all.

Ya a witness testifed that SOB said something like ... I'm not gonna to stab you, I'm gonna kill you. How did that figure out to be assault?
According to the one news report I read he plunged a knife into the guys gut....(yes the tire squealer) saying I am not going to stab you, I am going to KILL you...according to witnesses - so I suppose that would be considered witness hearsay in court, right? The news report said the guy lived so I am under the impression his wound was pretty serious.....

joanofarc said:
According to the one news report I read he plunged a knife into the guys gut....(yes the tire squealer) saying I am not going to stab you, I am going to KILL you...according to witnesses - so I suppose that would be hearsay right? The report said the guy lived so I am under the impression his wound was pretty serious.....

I only have a few minutes, but I'm going to go google around and see if there is any info on the sentence he served.

Does anyone know anything in depth about rage murders or who can point me to some literature on them? We are talking about how anger is different than rage, on a Jeffrey MacDonald thread on the c&j forum, and how rage is mostly about helplessness and powerlessness as opposed to anger which is more focused. Please PM me if you think you can help me find more psychological info about this.

golfmom said:
I only have a few minutes, but I'm going to go google around and see if there is any info on the sentence he served.
No hurry, I have to run too....or I would do some googling...but some at WS are good at searching out the police data bases to get this info (are you??).I live in Canada so not too familiar with counties in which the perps live....

Thanks for doing this...

SauerKraut said:
I thought the Hammock was at the Goetz house, the same house where they drew in chalk on the garage door but I'm not sure. This would make sense then.

I thought I heard somewhere that the mother wasn't home that afternoon, only the father was. That's why I was thinking he took off looking for her when the mother was not home. Hmmm, okay.

If the mother WAS home and she knew the father went out looking for her at 4:30, then she would have seen him come home all bloody, no? If he came home without her, wouldn't that look weird if he was out looking for her? Then what, he comes home, can't find her, so they go out looking again? Something does not add up. I think the mother is hiding something.....and it's not just the Bear Claws.
You are right...something doesn't add up here...Goetz said the "girls" were at his house in the morning 10am ish. If that's true then what is the deal about the mother ungrounding her at 3pm? They supposedly went kite flying sometime early that day.
Also, the hammock was at another little girls house...not Goetz. And they were there at about 4pm.
And yes, the mother, shiela was taking a nap according to one article i read.

richandfamous said:
You are right...something doesn't add up here...Goetz said the "girls" were at his house in the morning 10am ish. If that's true then what is the deal about the mother ungrounding her at 3pm? They supposedly went kite flying sometime early that day.
Also, the hammock was at another little girls house...not Goetz. And they were there at about 4pm.
And yes, the mother, shiela was taking a nap according to one article i read.

So, is the mother still "standing by her man?"

It says he got jail time for "misdemeanor" charges...doesn't that mean that those crimes weren't that serious and were more like driving without a license, drug possession.... BUT aggravated assault...or ATTEMPTED MURDER (which is more like the sound of it) wouldn't seem to fall under the "misdemeanor" category....would it??

Kalypso said:
Does anyone know anything in depth about rage murders or who can point me to some literature on them? We are talking about how anger is different than rage, on a Jeffrey MacDonald thread on the c&j forum, and how rage is mostly about helplessness and powerlessness as opposed to anger which is more focused. Please PM me if you think you can help me find more psychological info about this.
The thing I don't like about this explanation is using words like "helplessness" & "powerlessness" to describe the perp. Those should be reserved for the victims.

I do feel this crime did have to do with rage/anger toward Sheila & the kids for his doing jail time. Instead of owning his crimes, he has probably been blaming her all this time. I bet he moved in with them because he had nowhere else to go. I saw some quote from his mom...she sure didn't want him around. So SOB/ (tm GolfMom) reluctantly goes to the only place he's invited...the home of the woman he abused & resents.
As soon as one small thing goes wrong, he unleashes all his rage on 2 innocent, helpless little girls. :furious:

giadana said:
The thing I don't like about this explanation is using words like "helplessness" & "powerlessness" to describe the perp. Those should be reserved for the victims.

I do feel this crime did have to do with rage/anger toward Sheila & the kids for his doing jail time. Instead of owning his crimes, he has probably been blaming her all this time. I bet he moved in with them because he had nowhere else to go. I saw some quote from his mom...she sure didn't want him around. So SOB/ (tm GolfMom) reluctantly goes to the only place he's invited...the home of the woman he abused & resents.
As soon as one small thing goes wrong, he unleashes all his rage on 2 innocent, helpless little girls. :furious:

how much could go wrong in 2 weeks? That is hardly time for the honeymoon phase to be over!!! He came there with some intent...jmo

giadana said:

It was supposed to be ... LOL ... I guess I just spaced there. I don't need a trademark tho, I just hate referring to him by name, because he's a monster to me.

I just worn out. This whole situation has just been so emotionally draining.

messiecake said:
I wonder if Sheila ever posted at PTO :rolleyes: :banghead:
I had a life (I was abused,in and out of foster care,raped,a highschool dropout,was a teenage Mom,used drugs and hung around with some real scumbags,have a mental illness yadda yadda yadda) BUT I have never HURT anyone!! I never went to jail,chased anyone with a chainsaw or stabbed my baby in the eyes!!(writing that makes me tear up).Ive never raped anyone or beat my kids or let someone else do either!!
I take care of my kids and my house.I got my degree.I pay taxes,I vote.I go to Church and try to be a productive member of society.I dont love everyone and they sure as hell dont love me *but* I nod to my neighbors and take care of my business-period
QUOTE]

messie, I just wanted to tell you how wonderful it is that you have been able to rise above all the bad things that happened to you. You show us that people can overcome, that no one can use their childhood as an excuse to do horrible things. God bless you, and may you continue to be an overcomer.

From the New York Post:

"Hobbs...has a history of 29 violence-related arrests."

"Hobbs quickly became a suspect because of his lack of emotion and his inappropriate and inconsistent answers to routine questions.

" 'I think it's safe to say his reactions to questions were just the opposite' of what detectives expected....Forensic evidence also linked him to the crime."

"Hobbs' first arrest, at age 20, was for stabbing a man with a hunting knife....He was convicted and served 60 days.

"That was followed by more arrests — most of them for assault or aggravated assault because of attacks on Hollabaugh....The sergeant said she didn't believe any of the attacks involved the three children Hobbs had with Hollabaugh."http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/23983.htm

golfmom said:
Especially considering she had to take him to court to prove that he was the father!
This says alot! He never wanted a child! He never loved Laura. Heck, he has never loved! Add to that the post that mentions he hooked back up w/ Laura's mom while in prison, how convenient! That was just for a place to get free room and board once released! From what I've read, Laura's mom was just a piece of a$$ for him w/ no intention of a long term relationship. Laura's mom has some serious self esteem problems to continue to go after this creep. She needs to wake up and see how badly she was used. Her yearning for a man to stay in her life, cost her a daughter!

Originally Posted by golfmom
Especially considering she had to take him to court to prove that he was the father!
kahskye said:
This says alot! He never wanted a child! He never loved Laura. Heck, he has never loved! Add to that the post that mentions he hooked back up w/ Laura's mom while in prison, how convenient! That was just for a place to get free room and board once released! From what I've read, Laura's mom was just a piece of a$$ for him w/ no intention of a long term relationship. Laura's mom has some serious self esteem problems to continue to go after this creep. She needs to wake up and see how badly she was used. Her yearning for a man to stay in her life, cost her a daughter!

I'm guessing but most likely she never had the money to afford test to prove he was the father....she was probably on state aid and the state was having to pay her aid to dependent children. The states don't like to do that so the state goes after the father to be rembursed and he probably said they weren't his. So the state ordered dna test! jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back