IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
News conference summary: A whole lot of nothing.

What did we expect really?

I will wait to see if Rudd has anything to say on anything he might have learned from the meeting but it sounds to me they are still grasping at anything to not look like fools for jumping the gun on that massive manhunt.

Of the 80 DNA samples from the community, were any from the responders and police force? I did learn that a single dog did track away from the scene. The bullet was too damaged to match any gun it sounds like, but what about the other alleged bullet that hit the vest. Did they find it? JMO

The only thing new was that the dogs picked up a scent going away from the scene, which could mean anything, and imo isn't anything to get excited over. Ballistics & GPR tests in but won't say anything about them. Still can't rule out any theory. I wonder how long this case will be in limbo? Will this case be ruled as undetermined?

So one of the dogs did hit on a trail that lead away from the crime scene.

Written ballistics report, written gunshot residue report, meeting with task force and ME went well, on scene DNA in CODIS?, but we won't say anything more. Covelli speaking not Filenko.

News conference summary.
Dogs did pick up a scent
Several samples of DNA found at scene. 1 noted as high quality.
Ballistic and residue results do not rule anything out. Still exploring all aspects.

I wish NBC would have showed the Q&A part of the presser. Maybe it will be posted in full on their website?

We got cut off from questions. Anyone hear them?. Answers? JMO

Of the 80 DNA samples from the community, were any from the responders and police force? I did learn that a single dog did track away from the scene. The bullet was too damaged to match any gun it sounds like, but what about the other alleged bullet that hit the vest. Did they find it? JMO

I will try to find it but I read an earlier article that said the first responders were checked and cleared.

None of the channels hung in for questions from reporters.
No updates other than two test reports were returned from the laboratories.
Gun shot residue report from Illinois State Police Crime Lab.
Ballistics report from the Northeastern Illinois Crime Lab.

Neither report pointed to one theory or ruled out another.

DNA samples were collected from several locations throughout the scene where the Lt. was found.
Something about CODIS and one of the samples is being run through the system now.
Covelli mentioned 80 samples (he talks fast) but didn't give any details about them.
Maybe someone can shed light on the CODIS comment - he referred to CODIS ready when referring to one sample.
CODIS is the FBI's combined DNA index system.
I didn't understand Covelli's statement about the specific DNA sample in this case. He didn't really say anything.
Anyway, I switched channels to try the catch the rest of the presser so lost the ability to back up to listen again.

I know they were going around the town collecting some dna. Not knowing what the dna is our where it came from I find it very frightening they are so hung up on it because this was an area where I would expect local teens to hang out etc. I would imagine dna could be located quite a few spots and would hate for someone innocent to be railroaded simply because some cop got shot where this innocent person happened to take a leak the day before.

Also same goes for the tracking. Why didn't they piggy back on that tracking? Where did it end?

As IB Nora said it sounds like busy work and imo they are hoping to confuse the public by claiming they have ballistics and dna and tracking dogs trail...

If the second bullet ricocheted they may not have found it.

The most telling thing is they refuse to say it was his gun and they can't re out the GPR was such that the gun was close enough that be could have held the gun.

ONE dog, is what I heard, so if true, one scent trail. What scent was the dog given to track? JMO

I wish NBC would have showed the Q&A part of the presser. Maybe it will be posted in full on their website?
He did say he wouldn't be able to answer anything. I think local press is lazy and knows this task force won't answer anything anyway so no need to waste airtime.

Maybe the perps levitated out of there.......JMO

Codis...

What he was saying was one of the DNA samples they found was of sufficient quality that they could submit it to the national DNA registry known as CODIS.

This computer matches ask DNA samples gathered from criminals and crime scenes. They do not have a match at this time but every time a new sample is entered it is of course checked for a match.

The day of the manhunt it was reported that police had moved into the neighborhood east of Rollins on foot. I believe that was the scent the dog picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member