IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know who was selected to be swabbed, but I doubt that we will ever find out. Swabbies, Unite!LOLOl JMO

Codis...

What he was saying was one of the DNA samples they found was of sufficient quality that they could submit it to the national DNA registry known as CODIS.

This computer matches ask DNA samples gathered from criminals and crime scenes. They do not have a match at this time but every time a new sample is entered it is of course checked for a match.

Did you get the impression there was a hit/match to one sample?
I'm probably reaching but got a feeling (equals squat) when he mentioned the one DNA sample.

Oh, he also stated leads lead to leads that lead to more leads, sometimes 10 or 15 more just from a single lead. He wants us know all the leads are being investigated.

I thought that was what he said regarding the DNA but maybe I misheard.

It would be interesting to know who was selected to be swabbed, but I doubt that we will ever find out. Swabbies, Unite!LOLOl JMO

I bet we will see at least one civil rights violation lawsuit come out from this manhunt.

Never ever ever give DNA without a warrant.

I'm probably reaching but got a feeling (equals squat) when he mentioned the one DNA sample.

Oh, he also stated leads lead to leads that lead to more leads, sometimes 10 or 15 more just from a single lead. He wants us know all the leads are being investigated.
No, there was no hit or match. He was clear on that.

That's just ducky!!!

That's just ducky!!!

Yeah, because the longer they can keep looking under every rock the longer they put off the inevitable new conference.

I really think they are trying to bore us to death with each bit of info so that eventually we just don't care what happened.

Unless the DNA can be traced to someone who should not have been there for any logical reason - like that JB guy or some other disgruntled person.

So only one out of the eighty samples was sufficient enough to send to CODIS. This explanation doesn't really make sense.
The one sample must not match the local samples then.

He wants us to know about the fact that there a leads...but not tell us what the leads indicate. JMO

So only one out of the eighty samples was sufficient enough to send to CODIS. This explanation doesn't really make sense.
I think he meant just one of the samples that were collected from road/woods/swamp area.

The samples taken from swabs would not go to CODIS. Only crime scene DNA and those from people in prison go to CODIS. Well technically anyway. The swabs from people in town were compared and ruled out.

I think he meant just one of the samples that were collected from road/woods/swamp area.

Chris Covelli stated, DNA was found at several locations throughout the scene.
I didn't put the above in quotes because he was talking fast, therefore, I'm not confident my notes are word-for-word.

I thought that was what he said regarding the DNA but maybe I misheard.

I think as Vestigare said that it was high quality enough to BE sent into CODIS. If there is a match to it that would mean that someone with a criminal record matches it. It did not mean a match was discovered. That would be a whole different ballgame. JMO

The samples taken from swabs would not go to CODIS. Only crime scene DNA and those from people in prison go to CODIS. Well technically anyway. The swabs from people in town were compared and ruled out.

Yes, local people LE swabbed do not match the sample submitted to CODIS. Therefore, the CODIS sample is suspicious and remains unexplained.

Chris Covelli stated, DNA was found at several locations throughout the scene.
I didn't put the above in quotes because he was talking fast, therefore, I'm not confident my notes are word-for-word.
Several DNA samples were found at the scene. Only one was of sufficient quality that it quailified to be entered into CODIS. When entered that DNA did not match or hit with any currently in the system. However, whenever new DNA is entered into the system it is a computer so it automatically checks the new against those already in the system. So he was saying it is possible they will get a match in the future with new DNA being entered. That I think was just his way of being evasive because all DNA in CODIS had the potential to be matched one day with new DNA.

The other swabs from known people collected around town should not have been sent to CODIS as they were collected only for the purposes of ruling out their DNA.

I think as Vestigare said that it was high quality enough to BE sent into CODIS. If there is a match to it that would mean that someone with a criminal record matches it. It did not mean a match was discovered. That would be a whole different ballgame. JMO

We don't know - maybe LE is onto someone.
They're not going to say before the person is located and interviewed.

How do they know they collected human DNA from the road/woods/swamp area?

Yes, local people LE swabbed do not match the sample submitted to CODIS. Therefore, the CODIS sample is suspicious and remains unexplained.

Not sure why it is suspicious. It is just DNA found near a crime scene which doesn't match anyone in CODIS nor family members or first responders.

If could be from a local worker who takes smoke breaks out there. Teens who use the area to party etc... so if isn't necessarily tired to the crime at all. Even if found in CODIS it could have a reason to be found at another location that has nothing to do with a crime. It comes down to the totality of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname