GUILTY IL - Nailah Franklin, 28, Chicago, 19 September 2007

How very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

They found her body :(

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/missing.woman.ap/index.html

CALUMET CITY, Illinois (AP) -- A drug sales representative who disappeared last week was found dead near a forest preserve, not far from where her car was abandoned, her uncle said Thursday.
art.franklin.ap.jpg
Nailah Franklin's family called police after she didn't show up for an important business meeting.

corner_wire_BL.gif

Calumet City Police Chief Russell Larson confirmed only that an unidentified woman's body had been found in the area Thursday morning.
But Nailah Franklin's uncle Jon Merrill and family friend Andrew Holms said authorities had told the family the body is that of Merrill's 28-year-old niece.

Franklin, a pharmaceutical sales representative for Indianapolis-based Eli Lilly, was reported missing September 19 after she missed a meeting at work. Her car was discovered in Hammond, Indiana, on Friday night near an abandoned building.

Franklin had filed a police report shortly before her disappearance about getting threatening phone calls from a man she had dated briefly.
Chicago police said Monday they had interviewed someone Franklin once dated but have not named a suspect in her disappearance.

How very sad. I will keep her family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

Are they thinking it was the old bf then? I saw they questioned him yesterday.

:behindbar For Nailah
I hope they get him, and good.

MG

God bless Nailah and her family. This is a very sad story. It appears that she had so much going for her and I pray they will get the guy that did this to her!

I had to go to work this morning so I just found out that the body was hers. I was so hoping it wasn't.

So sad. I live near Calumet City. I kept up with this story. Gorgeous girl.

And we have to wonder why these creeps get away with crimes? I hope this one is nabbed soon. Just to save another life and it is that.They will continue until they are stopped. It totally breaks my heart to hear about this. Her family is in the throes of despair and she didn't deserve to be killed because she was a nice and trusting person.

I'm so sad for her family, but especially sad for her sister Lehia, who was the family spokesperson. Lehia seems to be such a lovely person. She loved her sister so much and was so sure she would be found safe.

Oh, I'm so sorry this one ended this way. I heard on the news tonight they found her dead. It makes me sick that she was found w/o clothes on. I hope she got some good DNA evidence of the killer under her nails or that she bit him or something....

My prayers go out to her family tonight. :(

http://www.thetimesonline.com/artic...s/breaking_news/doc46fbbf958b4ff537652461.txt

Just wanted to give an update. It seems that the media jumped the gun in saying that a family member had ID'd the body as being that of Nailah.

Early broadcast media reports had an unidentified member of Franklin's family identifying the body found this morning as their loved one.

Larson said no one from the family has made that determination.

"There is some misinformation being told by people in the crowd," he said. "The body has not been identified."

More at the link.... I missed the 4pm news conference.

Aww God bless that beautiful lady and her family. I can only think that some disgustin pig took her life because she was too good for him because obviously she was very beautiful and had her head on straight.

How sad. I've been following this all week and I'm sad to hear that this may be her. Such a beautiful girl and such a lovely family. It's heartbreaking. She was just getting started in life.

Scooby, I'm sorry to hear that you are personally touched by this.

Just announced on CNN that the autopsy does show that the body officially is Nailah Franklin. Very sad.

Body identified as Nailah Franklin
1:05 PM CDT, September 28, 2007

"Dental records today identified the badly decomposed body of a woman found early Thursday in south suburban Calumet City as Nailah Franklin, the 28-year-old pharmaceutical representative reported missing more than a week ago, Chicago police said."

"An autopsy was performed today on the badly decomposed body. Police, who are now conducting a death investigation, said the cause of death is "inconclusive.""

To me this is so sad. She had such a wonderful beginning on a new young life with a great job. To think that someone took this away so unmercifully is heartbreaking.

From the article linked above:

"Police said Franklin told them a week prior to being reported missing that a man she briefly dated had been threatening her life, and she filed a police report. Police have talked to the man, who a law enforcement source said came with an attorney. But they have not named him as a suspect in her disappearance."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back