GUILTY IL - Naomi Arnette, 36, Sadorus, 21 May 2007

Now that was interesting! I've never seen so much first-hand information on any case we've ever watched! Wow!

hhhmmmmmmm...............Now I don't know what or who to believe! :doh:

I think I'll just stick with my intuition and keep it to myself.:silenced:

Interesting,
fran

It is mighty weird that all those people just out of the blue showed up on that board... a few claiming not to even personally know each other. I hope the admins over there check IP numbers, to see if a couple of the people are actually one person.

I was reading over on CTV last night about this case. It is pretty interesting to say the least. The husband says that the stepdaughter said that he touched her breast but he says he didn't. She went to live with the aunt first after the "abuse." Two of the children are his...the two youngest. He says he isn't court ordered not to see his two children and that he will eventually be able to get custody of them....that I would like to see! He is a registered sex offender because he pled the crime down. We were wondering what it was listed as before it was pled down???? I'm surprised that it is his sister that has the children as most of them aren't related to her and usually they would go to the family of the wife?????

The husband was living in his own place and Arnette and her boyfriend were living in her place. The boyfriend has left town....I believe that he had moved out of Arnette's place and she was going to co-sign for an apt for him but somehow that fell through so he had nowhere to live. His penpal who had taken him in when he got out of PRISON kicked him out because the guy was back into crack. The penpal of two years thought he could help the guy....Arnette's boyfriend...but discovered he didn't want help so that was that. One person on CTV was blaming the penpal for bringing the boyfriend and Arnette together because if the penpal hadn't let him stay at his place the two would never have met so the penpal is to blame for Arnette missing in a round about way. I say bull. LE doesn't think the boyfriend had anything to do with her missing but you never know. It must have been either the hubby or the boyfriend. Maybe the boyfriend got mad when he had no where to go and she wouldn't let him move back in. He doesn't sound like Mr. Upstanding Citizen to me.

If Arnette believes her husband molested her 14 yr old daughter then I doubt if she has warm and fuzzy feeling towards him. The way he tells it they get along well and he believed that they would be going back together. The 14 yr old can't be around him so was the mother going to keep the girl out of the home so her husband could come back...doubtful...she was divorcing him. I think he is trying to make things look all nice and good but if this mother is any kind of a mother she would have planned on carrying through with the divorce and he would have never darkened her doorway again.

Arnette was last seen at the home of her husband. I wonder if LE has been through that home with lumonal and everything else that they have to discover evidence. I wonder if they have checked his vehicle over with a fine tooth comb? He says they have questioned him but he won't take a poly cause if he is stressed when he takes one it might show the wrong answers!!!
From what I've read stress and anxiety are expected in polys and there are ways to tell the difference between anxiety and when a person is lying...otherwise most everyone would fail a poly!

Per the info from ctv, the bf was a member of the Latin Kings street gang and he had a wife and kids in Chicago.

The missing victim was last seen by the ex at his house, but she did go back home to her house, as her car is there and I believe her purse etc.....not sure.........

The husband said that eventhough there was a confrontation at the home the night before between the husband and bf, that the wife came to his house the next day, they had intimate relations, she gave him back her wedding rings, said she was staying with the bf, and she left.

OK, so it's ok that she's got a bf and that she's still sleeping with her ex. He's ok with this?

The husband said that the divorce was soley for the purpose of her getting her children back. After the kids were older, they were going to get back together. But..............in between she's got bf's....???????:waitasec:

The ex was seen at her residence that a.m. because he was supposed to pick up some of his stuff. Then he went here and there and here and there, then he went back to her house around 12:30 or 1:00, seen by neighbors, but she still wasn't home (he said)

I haven't read there today so I don't know what's gone on. I'll mosey on over and see if any new information has been revealed.

JMHO
fran

Well, not too much new today. The bf returned to Chicago and now his friend that's posting on the board said he can't get hold of him by his cell phone.

Naomi's house has been cleared as a crime scene and facing foreclosure, so the SIL who is taking care of the kids moved all her possessions in a storage or garage and rented the house out to make the payments. It's rented to a friend.

Oh, and interesting note, Naomi had an order of protection out against her own sister. interesting...................

JMHO
fran

Why was this case moved from here over to CTV? That is strange.

Fran's referring to CTV moving their own thread to a sticky so there could be various threads done on this case... we (WS) still have our thread on her. Hope that helps...

Why was this case moved from here over to CTV? That is strange.

Hi Bobbisangel:
I just thought you all might be interested in watching the threads on the ctv board regarding this case since there are several insiders posting there. You get a little more information that way.

JMHO
fran

PS...Elphaba, thanks for the help in splainin' :blowkiss: fran

I spent alllllll morning reading the CTV thread, and I onky read the posts by the major players and skipped the rest.

Very interesting. I really hope she turns up.

found this on the TX Equusearch website. No positive ID yet though.

10/1/2007 12:10 p.m. While searching for Naomi, Texas EquuSearch members have found what they believe to be human remains. Although a positive identification has not been made as to the identity of this person, law enforcement has just released that it is, in fact, human remains. Keep Naomi and her family and many friends in your prayers during this difficult time

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/print/2007/10/01/sheriff_area_search_very_helpful/

"Authorities believe human remains found during Arnette search
By Mary Schenk
Monday October 1, 2007
SADORUS – Searchers looking for missing Sadorus woman Naomi Arnette have found what authorities believe are human remains.

"It's in the area of 200 N and 575 E, south of Sadorus," Champaign County Sheriff Dan Walsh confirmed late this morning.

"Sunday, about 10:30 a.m., volunteer searchers working with EquuSearch found a site of interest south of Sadorus. Champaign County deputies responded. We secured the area overnight. Today, the sheriff's office and the Illinois State Police are working the area. We believe we have found human remains," Walsh said."

Unfortunately the location of the remains are within a couple of miles of Naomi's home.

Remains found in rural Sadorus identified as Arnette
By Mary Schenk
Tuesday October 2, 2007
URBANA – Human remains found near Sadorus are those of Naomi Arnette, confirmed officials today.

"Dental records and other evidence confirm that the body found south of Sadorus is Naomi L. Arnette," said Champaign County Sheriff Dan Walsh and Coroner Duane Northrup in a press release.

The remains were found Sunday during a weekend search for Arnette. A volunteer saw something in a wooded, overgrowing area and called sheriff's deputies, Lt. Ed Ogle said Monday. The officials combed the area and found more remains by sifting through dirt, Ogle said.

The mother of seven had been missing since May 21.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/print/2007/10/02/remains_may_be_identified_today/

Her husband, a sexual offender, started posting on Court Tv boards, a while back... claiming his innocence and saying he would help in any way to find her. (They were estranged and it was one of the kids in the family, I think, that he was to have molested... he took a deal and pleaded guilty. Though, he claims he was innocent of the sex charges and only took the deal so he woudn't get a long prison sentence since he has a criminal record.). Up to this point, with all of his insistances he would help, he has acutally done nothing... and he didn't show up when his presence was requested for the Equusearch search, over the weekend. This, along with other things as to how he has acted over on those board, and the fact that he was last to see her (he claims she came by his house that morning to give him their wedding rings, or something like that, and that they had sex... mind you she had a bf and was point-blank breaking things off with the husband) sets my hinky meter way off..

God have peace on her soul, and watch over those poor children.

Update: it is reported on the CourtTV boards that Robert Arnette has been arrested for the murder of Naomi. I am keeping an eye out for news reports to confirm this, but people from the area have supplied a phone number to confirm the report.

Having read all of his postings over there, it sends a cold chill down my spine. This man has no conscience, what-so-ever... evil is the only word I can fathom to describe him, right now.

Kind thoughts go out to Naomi's 7 children and her sister-in-law for taking them in and taking care of them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back