GUILTY IL - Naomi Arnette, 36, Sadorus, 21 May 2007

Looks like they were only waiting to find her body before they arrested the husband. They probably already have some sort of proof, imho

RIP Naomi

fran

I am so shocked at his cockiness that he woudl post and thinking he was getting away with something. (mur***) New here, don't know if I had actually spelled the word out that I woudl get banned.

Rest in Peace Naomi............and know your beautiful children will NOT be near that monster. (oops......don't ban me yet) I am still learning!

Husband's statements didn't match witness accounts
By Meg Thilmony
Sunday October 7, 2007

The News-Gazette

Robert Arnette, the estranged husband of Naomi Arnette, was arrested early Saturday morning on charges of first-degree murder and concealment of her death.
URBANA – Inconsistent statements that Robert Arnette gave to police investigating the death of his wife, Naomi Arnette, have led to his arrest for her murder.

Champaign County Sheriff Dan Walsh said Arnette, 38, was arrested at about 12:15 a.m. Saturday at his residence at 4 Aztec Place, C, on charges of first-degree murder of Naomi Arnette and the concealment of her death.

Formal charges are expected to be filed Tuesday.

The remains of Mrs. Arnette, a mother of seven, were found Sept. 29 in a shallow grave about 3 miles south of Sadorus. She had been missing since May 21.

Champaign County State's Attorney Julia Rietz said Saturday that sheriff's investigators interviewed Arnette several times in the wake of his wife's disappearance.

"He had given statements previously as to his whereabouts and contacts with her on the day she disappeared. Those statements were inconsistent with statements of other witnesses who had seen her that day," she said. "Since the discovery of her remains, the investigation focused on statements he made as recently as Friday to a woman with whom he had become acquainted after the disappearance of his wife. That woman has been cooperating with investigators and through her, investigators learned of his story of finding his wife dead in the basement.

"He claimed that she had hung herself and that to spare the children, he removed her body and disposed of it in rural Sadorus," Rietz said. "That version is not consistent with the physical evidence, the way the body was found.

More at link: http://www.news-gazette.com/news/print/2007/10/07/husband_facing_charges/

Those poor children. Not only have they lost their mom, they have to live with the knowledge that their father is responsible.

And the whole time he was on a message board voicing his innocence... playing the role of "concerned" family member, while knowing the whole time where she was. That man has nothing but evil running through his veins. IMO

Awww the children. I am so glad he won't be able to have anything to do with them ever again. Is the sister of Naomi taking care of the 7 kids now? We should email extreme makeover home edition.

Ugh-makes me want to vomit. The sheer arrogance is amazing to me. I'm not sure of the lagality but I hope the prosecuters can use thoe posts on ctv as a sort of "character witness" to show how arrogant he was!

Awww the children. I am so glad he won't be able to have anything to do with them ever again. Is the sister of Naomi taking care of the 7 kids now? We should email extreme makeover home edition.

Yes, she is taking care of them... she had them before Naomi disappeared... she has been posting on the other boards, too. I saw a video of her, after her brother's arrest, and she's clearly hurt and upset with her brother lying to her. As for Extreme makeover: quite a few people on CTV boards are talking about contacting ABC.

Couple officially adopts four of Naomi Arnette's children

URBANA – Among the dozens of gifts at Mark and Lisa Thurber's house under the Christmas tree this year is one that can't be covered with pretty paper and bows.

It arrived Tuesday in the form of a signed court order allowing the Sadorus couple to adopt four children whose lives were forever changed about two years ago, when their mother went missing.

"Is it true you love these children and wish to adopt them?" the Thurbers' lawyer asked each individually under oath. "Yes," both replied.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/pe...cially_adopts_four_of_naomi_arnettes_children

From November 2008:

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...years-murdering-his-wife-concealing-body.html

A Champaign County judge said Naomi Arnette's death should be a message to other victims of domestic violence that they must speak up.

"They don't have to put up with it. It is a serious and ongoing problem in our country. You will be heard," Judge Tom Difanis said Monday morning, seconds before sentencing Mrs. Arnette's estranged husband to 65 years in prison for her murder and concealing her body afterward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back