IL - Olamide Adeyooye, 21, Normal, 13 Oct 2005

I imagine the police are still doing an investigation of this, and aren't willing to say that foul play is involved. But her friends certainly seem to think otherwise. And from what I read of the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, it doesn't sound like Ollie just decided to go away for a while. Why leave on the t.v.? Why not take the cell phone? And why take the comforter? And if she did want to get away, why didn't she wait until morning instead of heading out at night, after renting a video? It just doesn't seem likely.

By all accounts, she is a good student, holding down a job, and has good friends and a loving family. It seems unlikely that she would disappear on her own. BUT - I read the blog referred to at the beginning of this thread. In it, they mention that people shouldn't believe certain things that are being said about Ollie, but they don't give any details as to what those things are.

College student Taylor Behl was abducted and killed by someone she knew. He was not a college student, but he hung around with college kids. He was involved in all kinds of unsavory things. If there is a similar person in Ollie's life, please make sure law enforcement is aware of that person. Don't try to spare Ollie's feelings by keeping it secret.

I hope this lovely young lady is found safe and sound, and very soon.

The myspace blog I was referencing earlier - now I can't get to it. I wonder what gives??

Wow! Another young college student missing and LE thinking 'no foul play,' yet all the indicators are there. Didn't take cell phone, left lights and tv on, comforter missing, two days gone by before she's missed.

IMO, she appears too responsible for this to be a voluntary absence. LE needs to wake up on this one. Something has happened to this young woman.

JMHO
fran

amandab said:
The myspace blog I was referencing earlier - now I can't get to it. I wonder what gives??
having same problems here...:confused:

the latest blog entry is set to "friends only"...which means you have to be registered and one of the friends to read it.

interesting....wonder why it's not public?

fran said:
Wow! Another young college student missing and LE thinking 'no foul play,' yet all the indicators are there. Didn't take cell phone, left lights and tv on, comforter missing, two days gone by before she's missed.

IMO, she appears too responsible for this to be a voluntary absence. LE needs to wake up on this one. Something has happened to this young woman.

JMHO
fran
I absolutely agree with you, this just doesn't add up. One thing that really strikes me as odd is that, if she did stage her own disappearance for whatever reason, why go to the video store and rent a video? Sounds to me like she was planning to go home, settle in and watch a movie.

And why is the comforter missing? Maybe she took the comforter off the bed to "cuddle up" in on the sofa while watching the movie. If someone attacked her while she was wrapped up in the comforter, there would probably be evidence such as blood, hair, etc. left on it, so the attacker took it to get rid of the evidence. Or used the comforter to wrap her up in before taking her out of the apartment. I wonder whether her apartment was easily seen from a street or another apartment unit, or if it was more secluded.

On the other hand, if somehow the comforter had gotten dirty, I doubt she would have driven to the laundromat (described as being in an unsavory part of town) at that time of night just to wash it. If it were me, I'd wait until morning. But let's say she did decide to go to the laundromat - then why didn't she take her cell phone, especially since she was going into a bad part of town late at night by herself??

Another thought - were any of her textbooks missing? I remember when I was in college, I used my laundry time to study, because there wasn't much else to do while waiting for the clothes to get done. If she did go to the laundromat, it seems likely that she would have taken something to read, probably a textbook to get a little extra study time.

There are so many questions about this disappearance, it's hard to look at the facts and NOT suspect foul play. Either LE knows something we don't, or they aren't taking this seriously enough. They need to look at the case of Taylor Behl, another college student who disappeared, and was murdered. It took LE a while to admit that foul play may have been involved.

By the way, are the campus cops working on this disappearance, or is it mainly the local LE?

it is almost a week now..she she has gone missing...does anyone have link to site her friends have stated.

i so hope she if found safe.

petra said:
it is almost a week now..she she has gone missing...does anyone have link to site her friends have stated.

i so hope she if found safe.
This is what was on the first post:

"If you would like to read the whole account of the story, you can visit blog.myspace.com/petrey. I will be updating on a daily basis as SOON as new information becomes available to me. "

I looked at that site yesterday morning, but don't know if it is still active or not.

I know you have been posting on the Taylor Behl discussion board, as I have. I'm wondering if Ollie has someone in her life similar to Ben Fawley, the man who killed Taylor? If so, I sure hope her friends speak up and let LE know all about him.

This is just so sad.

from what i read on another myspace blog, olamide's parents asked her friends (the one with the myspace blog included) to step down from the spotlight a bit. which is why they cancelled the fox shows, etc. i also read
(perhaps on that blog now closed) that they found food in the microwave still.

furthermore, the Petrey friend was the last to see her in the afternoon -- olamide was in the shower and petrey walked right into her apartment. and yelled at her for leaving her apartment unlocked while she was in the shower.

i'm probably just paranoid, but perhaps someone came into her apt. then and hid then. or else she left the apt. unlocked after she got back from the video store. and someone surprised her. it makes sense -- don't barge in right away, take the person by surprise after she's settled in.

also, her boyfriend is in a well-known indie/emo band and was definitely on tour nowhere near her when she disappeared. they actually stopped the tour to come home, since the guitarist (her BF) is devastated over this.

hndinglove said:
from what i read on another myspace blog, olamide's parents asked her friends (the one with the myspace blog included) to step down from the spotlight a bit. which is why they cancelled the fox shows, etc. i also read

furthermore, the Petrey friend was the last to see her in the afternoon -- olamide was in the shower and petrey walked right into her apartment. and yelled at her for leaving her apartment unlocked while she was in the shower.

i'm probably just paranoid, but perhaps someone came into her apt. then and hid then. or else she left the apt. unlocked after she got back from the video store. and someone surprised her. it makes sense -- don't barge in right away, take the person by surprise after she's settled in.
For some reason, I never suspected her boyfriend was involved in this, even before learning that he was out of town at the time Ollie disappeared.

You know, it's possible that she left her door unlocked. I've done it before - come into the house with my hands full, put everything away, then come back to lock the door. Maybe she just forgot to lock it.

Your theory that someone might have been hiding in the apartment could be right, if she was in the habit of leaving her door unlocked. It seems like there wasn't a lot of time between when she got home and when something happened - there was food in the microwave, the video had been put in and the t.v. was on. Sounds like she was making herself a snack to eat while watching the video.

Given that the video store is near her apartment (I think someone said it was 3 blocks??), I think someone either followed her from the video store to her apartment, or as you said, was waiting on her. I wish I knew if the video store had security cameras and, if so, if anything unusual happened while she was there - someone following her, trying to talk to her, etc. Also, I wonder if she mentioned to anyone that someone in her apartment complex was coming on to her or watching her? I remember a case many years ago where a young woman was murdered by a mentally ill man living across the apartment complex from her. He watched her from his apartment, and she had complained to friends and family about this man. One day she didn't turn up for work, and when someone checked on her, she had been killed. The man she had been worried about was the killer.

The missing comforter just throws me for a loop. I've mentioned in a previous post that perhaps she was wrapped up in it, watching the movie, but it sounds like she never ever finished getting her meal ready, so that seems unlikely. The only explanation I can think of is that IF someone harmed her, they took the comforter because it was bloodstained or contained some other type of forensic evidence.

hndinglove said:

I wonder why they'd do that? If she were my daughter, I'd want as much attention drawn to her as possible.

Marilynilpa said:
This is what was on the first post:

"If you would like to read the whole account of the story, you can visit blog.myspace.com/petrey. I will be updating on a daily basis as SOON as new information becomes available to me. "

I looked at that site yesterday morning, but don't know if it is still active or not.

I know you have been posting on the Taylor Behl discussion board, as I have. I'm wondering if Ollie has someone in her life similar to Ben Fawley, the man who killed Taylor? If so, I sure hope her friends speak up and let LE know all about him.

This is just so sad.
hi marilynilpa
yes, very sad...any talk of credit card use, did she have roomate...

sorry, i cannot get to the link..do i have to join first???

seems unlikely she would leave on her own with eveything left in her house as is...purse taken and door locked....

sounds to me she was forced out unwillingly..but why door locked???

amandab said:
I wonder why they'd do that? If she were my daughter, I'd want as much attention drawn to her as possible.
perhaps a kidnapping..with ransom demands..just a wild thought

taken from riehlworld view:

The very informative blog started by Olemide's friend Ashley is now gone along with the entire MySpace account.

http://www.myspace.com/petrey

Invalid Friend ID.
This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.

Rumor has it the missing girl's family was on the news in Chicago this evening.
Her friends pushed and pushed to get her story out and now no one is saying ANYTHING...
I do wish they'd share what they know with the rest of us. It's not right to cause such a commotion only to leave everyone hanging by a thread waiting and wondering what has happened to Ola.

her regular myspace profile is still up though.
www.myspace.com/olamide1

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg