GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

Unsealed court documents reveal an intense custody battle that unfolded in the Bliefnick divorce before Rebecca's tragic murder.

Fri, June 9th 2023, 11:00 PM EDT

QUINCY, Ill. (KHQA) — Court documents involving Rebecca and Tim Bliefnick were ordered to be sealed when now convicted killer Tim Bliefnick was arrested on March 13 of 2023.

The now unsealed documents reveal Tim Bliefnick filed for divorce in January of 2021 stating differences between him and Rebecca had take a toll on their marriage.

There were a variety of things discussed through the divorce including finances and marital property, but the most important thing for both Rebecca and Tim were their three children.

[.]

In the original divorce file, Tim Bliefnick sought for both himself and Rebecca to equally share parenting responsibilities.

On January 25th, Becky Bliefnick filed a petition requesting she be granted temporary sole parental responsibilities and for the kids to spend the majority of the time with her while the divorce was pending.

Tim had left the marital home at 2528 Kentucky Road in February of 2021. In the court documents, he said he felt Rebecca was attempting keep the children away from him stating Rebecca had been out of control since the divorce was filed.

The back and forth continued for months, and on July 8, 2021, the court ordered that both parties would be granted temporary parental responsibilities and they they would have the children for one week alternating periods.

It sounds like he probably wanted 50/50 physical custody so he wouldn't have to pay child support. That's usually why it's requested, and it really doesn't work out for anybody, least of all the children, because they really don't live anywhere.

Maybe there are families where it worked out; I've never seen one.

Defense Attorney Casey Schnack joins the Club to talk about the Bliefnick case and all the reaction that came with it as the convicted murderer's sentencing approaches on August 11.

WARNING: This podcast has very graphic language. It was not edited out due to the authenticity of the discussion.

It sounds like he probably wanted 50/50 physical custody so he wouldn't have to pay child support. That's usually why it's requested, and it really doesn't work out for anybody, least of all the children, because they really don't live anywhere.

Maybe there are families where it worked out; I've never seen one.
Shared custody used to be really disfavored by the courts but at least around here, that has changed. I haven't done domestic law for a while, but when I was, I was having good luck getting a court to agree to shared custody. It can work great. BUT...., and this is thing, the parents MUST be cooperating and amicable.

Shared custody used to be really disfavored by the courts but at least around here, that has changed. I haven't done domestic law for a while, but when I was, I was having good luck getting a court to agree to shared custody. It can work great. BUT...., and this is thing, the parents MUST be cooperating and amicable.
When I was growing up in the 1970s, a father would be lucky to get, for instance, two Sunday afternoons a month, and if a custodial mother wanted to completely cut off his family, too bad, so sad, the kids can look them up when they're adults. I'm glad it's not like THAT now, although I do totally disagree with courts forcing children to see a NCP when it's really obvious that it's not beneficial to anybody.

August 10, 2023

QUINCY, Ill. (Court TV) – An Illinois man convicted of killing his estranged wife faces sentencing Friday.

A former contestant on television's "Family Feud" was sentenced by an Illinois judge to natural life behind bars for the fatal shooting early this year of his estranged wife.

In May, Timothy Bliefnick was convicted of first-degree murder and home invasion in the Feb. 23 attack in Quincy. On Friday, Judge Robert Adrian sentenced the defendant to spend his life behind bars, essentially the state's toughest punishment.

A former contestant on television's "Family Feud" was sentenced by an Illinois judge to natural life behind bars for the fatal shooting early this year of his estranged wife.

In May, Timothy Bliefnick was convicted of first-degree murder and home invasion in the Feb. 23 attack in Quincy. On Friday, Judge Robert Adrian sentenced the defendant to spend his life behind bars, essentially the state's toughest punishment.
Justice was served I still can’t believe he went on tv said what he said and did it how crazy

Justice was served I still can’t believe he went on tv said what he said and did it how crazy
48 Hours put it in context: What he said on Family Feud was actually a correct answer to the question. It had nothing to do with Becky's murder but the DA said it did help bring national attention to the case. I'm wondering now if it also biased the jury pool. It sure biased me.

JMO

SEP 30, 2023
[...]

"Tim will always assert his innocence," Reilly said. "He was never able to admit to fault or even compromise in life or marriage prior to this happening."

Reilly says this was no surprise to the family.

"I think that he truly believes that he is not at fault for this and that's his own sick and twisted mental illness," said Reilly. "But, none of us are surprised that Tim is claiming innocence. He has nothing else to lose. So, why would he do anything different?"

As this case has received national attention on 48 Hours, Reilly hopes that the integrity of the case and the truth of Becky's life and her death comes through in the most meaningful way

"I hope that you take their words and hear them for what they are meant to be," said Reilly.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes
Back