GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

Becky's three sons – ages 12, 10 and 5 – were not at home at the time of the murder. They were staying with their father, Tim Bliefnick, about a mile away. The couple was in the process of getting divorced. Tim says that when he couldn't reach Becky on the 23rd, he contacted her father.
1696136579672.jpeg
Tim says that when he couldn't reach Becky on the 23rd, he contacted her father.

Tim Bliefnick: He said, 'Hey, I haven't been able to get a hold of her either. I'm gonna go over to the house." … What happened to Becky should have never happened. And it just— it still doesn't—at times, it still just doesn't feel real.

Police quickly determined that the killer had broken into Becky's home by prying open an upstairs window in one of the children's bedrooms. Video shows a police officer later reenacting how investigators believe the assailant scaled the house.

Josh Jones: The person had climbed up on there … there was a patio chair that was pulled over … They walked past Becky's windows in her bedroom … And then they went to a room of one of the boys … and they pried open, broke the window open, uh, went in. … You could almost trace their path … to Becky's room. They had kicked in or broken in the door violently. … Becky then ran into the bathroom turned around and … got shot.

Erin Moriarty: What time do you believe the intruder entered the house?

Josh Jones: So, it would've been around 1:11 in the morning, because we know that at 1:11 and 10 seconds, Becky tried to call 911 on her cell phone. She dialed 9-1-1-2-6. And the phone was knocked out of her hand, and it was found behind the door.

Josh Jones: We thought it was unusual when we saw that. It was like, "OK, what is this?"

SEP 30, 2023
[...]

"Tim will always assert his innocence," Reilly said. "He was never able to admit to fault or even compromise in life or marriage prior to this happening."

Reilly says this was no surprise to the family.

"I think that he truly believes that he is not at fault for this and that's his own sick and twisted mental illness," said Reilly. "But, none of us are surprised that Tim is claiming innocence. He has nothing else to lose. So, why would he do anything different?"

As this case has received national attention on 48 Hours, Reilly hopes that the integrity of the case and the truth of Becky's life and her death comes through in the most meaningful way

"I hope that you take their words and hear them for what they are meant to be," said Reilly.

[...]
Of course, that is an understandable reaction from her family but I'm not so sure "national attention" is a good thing when it comes to fair trials.

The last nationally prominent case involved a Quincy IL DA who was accused of murdering his wife and I believed he was absolutely guilty. His own daughter thought he was guilty. Then, the truth started spilling out....

He is now a free man.

JMO

Wow - his attorney, Casey Schnack (sp?), is so shrill she looses any credibility she might have. She comes across as a deluded family member or girlfriend rather than a professional attorney. Obviously when defense attorneys are interviewed they defend their client and they are hardly going to say 'well yea that evidence looks bad' but her tone and mannerism are just so off-putting that everything she says sounds like a 4 year old whining because mommy won't give her a cookie.

Wow - his attorney, Casey Schnack (sp?), is so shrill she looses any credibility she might have. She comes across as a deluded family member or girlfriend rather than a professional attorney. Obviously when defense attorneys are interviewed they defend their client and they are hardly going to say 'well yea that evidence looks bad' but her tone and mannerism are just so off-putting that everything she says sounds like a 4 year old whining because mommy won't give her a cookie.
I was slightly afraid CS might be cause for an appeal (ineffective counsel). I'll leave it at this - you aren't the only one who had thse views of her.

No doubt in my mind Tim murdered Becky, prosecution did an excellent job pulling the case together in such a short time.

When they first started her interview I thought she was a friend or family member, not defense attorney. I am happy that I am not the only one to find her way of speech odd.
The thing is there are juries in places that would buy into her defense. I kept thinking either she is an idiot or a genius.

I was slightly afraid CS might be cause for an appeal (ineffective counsel). I'll leave it at this - you aren't the only one who had thse views of her.

When they first started her interview I thought she was a friend or family member, not defense attorney. I am happy that I am not the only one to find her way of speech odd.
The thing is there are juries in places that would buy into her defense. I kept thinking either she is an idiot or a genius.

Both of these thoughts went through my mind. I am a bit concerned about ineffective counsel. If I heard correctly it sounds like she was the divorce attorney who became his defense attorney. That really isn't how that should work. Divorce is not the same thing as a murder trial.

So maybe the fact that she is an idiot will end up being genius for him.

No doubt in my mind Tim murdered Becky, prosecution did an excellent job pulling the case together in such a short time.
I wonder if any of the jurors read those online attacks on the defense attorney or knew about them. Plenty of doubt remains in my mind. Especially considering the couple tried to obtain emergency protection orders against each other and RB also tried to get one against her FIL. All were denied.

JMO

Of course, that is an understandable reaction from her family but I'm not so sure "national attention" is a good thing when it comes to fair trials.

The last nationally prominent case involved a Quincy IL DA who was accused of murdering his wife and I believed he was absolutely guilty. His own daughter thought he was guilty. Then, the truth started spilling out....

He is now a free man.

JMO

I missed that program, but I'm sure it will air again. I also thought the boys were at school when the crime happened, albeit during a time where they were in their father's custody.

I was living in Quincy when the Lovelace incident happened, and while I didn't know the family, I knew people who did, and a woman I worked with said she wasn't surprised that Mrs. Lovelace had died because she was a really bad alcoholic. One story said that she'd battled that, and before this an eating disorder, and there's a lot of overlap between the two. Their children have suffered so much.

48 Hours put it in context: What he said on Family Feud was actually a correct answer to the question. It had nothing to do with Becky's murder but the DA said it did help bring national attention to the case. I'm wondering now if it also biased the jury pool. It sure biased me.

JMO
Yeah I thought so also I also keep forgetting that he said that before he killed her I think because after it happened they started showing it on the news and whatever else and that’s how I found out so my mind wants 2 keep saying that but it’s still crazy and the video if I was the jury I would have pointed out that video and gave him guilty

Yeah I thought so also I also keep forgetting that he said that before he killed her I think because after it happened they started showing it on the news and whatever else and that’s how I found out so my mind wants 2 keep saying that but it’s still crazy and the video if I was the jury I would have pointed out that video and gave him guilty
BBM. I wonder if the jury discussed the video or if Judge Adrian saw it and decided it proved his guilt.

I was surprised today to see Inside Edition ran a story and used the 48 Hours story as a basis. I got curious and I googled Judge Robert Adrian. Wow!

TB's attorney told 48 Hours the prosecution didn't prove its case against Tim. I think she's done that because in 2022 Judge Adrian set free an 18-yo convicted rapist after only a few months in jail. Judge Adrian claimed the prosecution hadn't proved its case and also kicked the prosecutor out of his courtroom. For any Judge to say that a few months in jail was "plenty of punishment" for raping a teen girl blows my mind.

There have been public protests about Judge Adrian, and the Illinois Judicial Board filed a complaint. The trial for Judge Adrian is in November because Adrian lied in his testimony to them.

JMO

...Adrian also allegedly testified that his reversal was not an effort to “thwart the law.” The JIB alleged in its complaint that this testimony was false, and Adrian knew it was false when he made the statements.

Judge Adrian found Drew S. Clinton guilty on one count of criminal sexual assault, which involved a minor female at a graduation party in Quincy. After a three-day bench trial in October, Judge Adrian threw out the conviction at the sentencing.

When Judge Adrian switched his own verdict to not guilty he stated that spending 148 days in jail was plenty of punishment.

I missed that program, but I'm sure it will air again. I also thought the boys were at school when the crime happened, albeit during a time where they were in their father's custody.

I was living in Quincy when the Lovelace incident happened, and while I didn't know the family, I knew people who did, and a woman I worked with said she wasn't surprised that Mrs. Lovelace had died because she was a really bad alcoholic. One story said that she'd battled that, and before this an eating disorder, and there's a lot of overlap between the two. Their children have suffered so much.
I believe you can currently watch it here online.

I never gave the game show appearance or answer a second thought. He was on a game show in 2020 and answered a question within the context it was asked. Three years later he murders Becky, how could that be related to his decision to kill his wife?

IMO, the evidence offered at trial regarding the TRO's each of them filed on the other and how they fought over every little thing spoke volumes. The evidence presented at trial sealed his fate - to even think the game show appearance biased the jury is ridiculous.

Family of Rebecca Bliefnick speaks out following 48 Hours special​

Tim Bliefnick was sentenced to three life sentences in August, but he continues to maintain his innocence and denies killing his estranged wife on the night of February 23rd.

"Tim will always assert his innocence," Reilly said. "He was never able to admit to fault or even compromise in life or marriage prior to this happening."

Reilly says this was no surprise to the family.

"I think that he truly believes that he is not at fault for this and that's his own sick and twisted mental illness," said Reilly. "But, none of us are surprised that Tim is claiming innocence. He has nothing else to lose. So, why would he do anything different?"

I never gave the game show appearance or answer a second thought. He was on a game show in 2020 and answered a question within the context it was asked. Three years later he murders Becky, how could that be related to his decision to kill his wife?

IMO, the evidence offered at trial regarding the TRO's each of them filed on the other and how they fought over every little thing spoke volumes. The evidence presented at trial sealed his fate - to even think the game show appearance biased the jury is ridiculous.
I agree. This is Family Feud. The point is to give that kind of answer. It was the first answer I thought of when I heard the question too and I've been happily married for over 30 years and have no plans to kill my spouse. There was plenty of evidence to convict. This isn't a case of one bad soundbite and a rush to judgement.

In the 48 hours interview the defense attorney said that it might have been a contentious divorce but not worth killing over because they were fighting about were little things. But it's actually the opposite. That's not suggestive of innocence. It speaks volumes in a negative way about the relationship.

I know it’s not but that doesn’t help

When Bliefnick appeared on the show, host Steve Harvey asked the question: "What's the biggest mistake you made at your wedding?"
After Bliefnick's fellow contestants give their answers, Harvey turned to Bliefnick, who said: "Honey, I love you, but 'Said I do.'"

The answer received a widespread groan from the audience before Bliefnick added, "Not my mistake, not my mistake – I love my wife."
Just three years later, Bliefnick's wife and the mother of his three children, Rebecca Postle Bliefnick, was killed during a home invasion.
Timothy Bliefnick was sentenced to life in prison on charges of home invasion and murder. Credit: Quincy Police Department

Judge in Bliefnick case removed from the bench because of another case. I wonder how this will affect Bliefnick's appeal.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back