IL IL - Wheaton, Hisp/NtvMale UP8492, 30-55, 'Little Nicky' sweatshirt, Apr'10

580x379

Results show the man was possibly of Hispanic or Native American descent, between the ages of 45 and 65, with "very distinctive dental pattern." The remains showed he had missing teeth in the front

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...heaton-remains-found-20130701,0,4395487.story

I live nearby here and have been following this case from the start. I was really hoping it was John Spira.

Looking at the way those shoes are worn and jammed out of shape, and found without laces, makes me think he was jamming larger feet into them.

My dad's shoes wear in the same way due to very wide feet.

I live nearby here and have been following this case from the start. I was really hoping it was John Spira.

I thought so too. I looked for any information that John Spira had a 'bridge' and found nothing. :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LITTLE-NICK...Sweatshirt-Size-XL-Adam-Sandler-/131507158064

"This is the OFFICIAL sweatshirt for the 2000 film, LittleNicky. This sweatshirt was never sold in stores, but given as a promotional item by New Line Pictures to movie theatre owners, film buyers and other VIPs."

I know its not really helpful but I was interested in who these jumpers were made for.

Edit- just seen some one saw one of these from sale on ebay in 2010, sorry.

Some additional articles. Authorities are searching for anyone who may have known Manuel Romero. The article also believes he died between 2007 and 2009.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160511/news/160519675/

I wish there was some additional information such as if his family is believed to be local, in the US or not. Even a better age range might help.

Hopefully this man is officially id'd soon.

The new sketch is also available on Namus: https://identifyus.org/cases/8492
Poor man, he looks sad in the sketch.

Current ruleouts:

Michael Mansfield 1956 Illinois
Demetrius Spain 1966 Illinois
Everett Thompson 1956 Illinois

No new ruleouts.

The Images section has a photo of his quite unusual teeth. He seems to be missing all four upper incisors, which makes me wonder whether he had a bridge that wasn't found.

3218UMIL.jpg
3218UMIL1.jpg
3218UMIL2.jpg
3218UMI3L.jpg

Reconstruction of the decedent by LSU FACES; clothing and shoes found with remains.

Date of Discovery: April 13, 2010
Location of Discovery: Wheaton, DuPage County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: 2007-2010
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Undetermined

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-55 years old
Race: White, Hispanic and/or Native American
Sex: Male
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Front, upper incisors were missing before death. Bony protrusions were visible at the back of maxilla.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Gray Hanes sweatshirt (size XL) with Little Nicky logo, Black Faded Glory polo, black sweatpants (size M), white sock with "USA" printed on top, waistband from Knockerbrand underwear.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: White Prince Virtute M athletic shoes lacking laces.

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was discovered Herrick Lake Forest Preserve in Wheaton, Illinois on April 12, 2010.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: DuPage County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Brandon Johnson or Richard Jorgenson
Agency Phone Number: 630-407-2600
Agency E-Mail: brandon.johnson(at)dupageco.org
Agency Case Number: M10-125

Agency Name: DuPage County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 630-407-2345
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 8492

Information Source(s)
NamUs

Any ideas? At the time I was working as a park ranger not far from Herrick Lake, and in fact spent a lot of time hiking there, playing Frisbee, fishing, etc. Never saw anything unusual other than a really friendly wild turkey!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back