Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm definitely wondering about all of the above. Interesting that no two news casts will report the same things. It's interesting that we seem to get a few hints right at the start of an investigation like this and suddenly information is pulled back or not reported on further.

There was no mention of panties or jeans on the newscast I watched. Usually when things are found it's repeated continuously. Unless LE asked media specifically not to discuss the possibly identifying pieces. :waitasec:

I have been listening to Fox News, and they keep repeating "jeans and panties" were found either on the body or with the body, Dr. Baden was just on, love that ol' codger.

Okay I have been trying to get home after a long day after I had heard the news. The word around town here is that the body was found at a place called The Big Basin. It is one of my favorite places where the Desplaines River dumps off into this magical area where salmon spawn this time of year. I have some great pictures that I took about 3 summers ago of my fiancee' and his bandmate kicking back and writing music. The first pic is where the river dumps into a few channels of water, the second is the bottom of the fall where the river runs calm.
I was in town and saw my friend who is a Will-co homicide detective and I tried to pic his brain he would not say a word...he just smiled.
I asked him if the body was contained or just floating and he would not say a word.
I am very local and frequent this area alot...in fact we were just talking about going out there in the next week or so to get some pics at the Basin for a backdrop for the new album cover, and I have a friend that lives up the road from where this is all going down now so I will try to find out whatever I can.

So glad you're here with the local touch. Keep the news coming!
azwriter

Drew will have no reaction. Sociopaths don't react. Well most don't. Although, some try and pull off the hyperventilation technique, prior to the identification of the remains of their victim, which falls under Sociopathic Stupidity 101.

They just kill and try to become superstars afterwards. He'll just chew his gum faster.

Wait, my kids can't chew gum in school - why does he get gum in the WCJ? Warden?

Take the gum away. I want to see what he does with his mouth when you take the gum away.

Maybe we dont wanna know...:eek:

*waves hand* Um... I thought Sandra put Stacy in the Illinois River at Dresden Lock and Dam. As well she said Stacy would be found at the end of April 2008. It's May 2009, and if it is Stacy, her body was found at the the Des Moines River edge.
I'm going over Sandra's site again - she says - the voices say she is in a long narrow body of water, possibly a river. Then she says - the voices all say "he threw her from the bridge into the Des Plaines River" - not the Illinois River. Not familiar with the area but she says she was in or near Dresden Locks and that the barges may move her is she is not found soon. She also says her prediction for the end of April is contingent upon any # of variables lining up perfectly..... you should read the end of her writing about Stacy.

I'm going over Sandra's site again - she says - the voices say she is in a long narrow body of water, possibly a river. Then she says - the voices all say "he threw her from the bridge into the Des Plaines River" - not the Illinois River. Not familiar with the area but she says she was in or near Dresden Locks and that the barges may move her is she is not found soon. She also says her prediction for the end of April is contingent upon any # of variables lining up perfectly..... you should read the end of her writing about Stacy.

FYI: Where she was found, the Des Plaines River and the Kankakee River converge to create a single river, the ILLINOIS RIVER.

The Trib is downplaying any possible connections. But they give one little bit of info that is interesting.

Joel found time out of his busy schedule to visit DrewP at the jail last night. But of course when he talked with the media he was "unfazed" by what they call "speculation" over who the remains might be. So I don't know, ya think maybe that late night visit to the jail was to discuss trial strategy?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-body-search-21may21,0,1221131.story

Interesting that Joel paid a visit to DP at the jail last night. I remember way back when the divers were put into the canal to do a search and there were reports that DP and Joel watched all the coverage that day on television.

Do you suppose their interest that day was fueled by concern Stacy would be found and relieved when the search yielded nothing?

I don't think so exactly - the DuPage flows off into the Des Plaines in that vicinity. then a bit west from there the kankakee flows from the Des Plaines southeast. I think the Illinois begins after the Dresdin Locks - but I'm not 100% positive on that.

I think you are right. Any implants if there was any have long since let go. There is nothing but skeletal remains left.

I think they are going to send divers into the river to search for the head and other missing body parts and they are going to continue to search on shore also.

Whomever this poor soul is I hope some family finally knows what happened to them.

imo

If they could find the head, there would be dental charts for comparison.

Just adding my two cents to the sex of the remains debate...A female pelvis is shaped differently than a male pelvis. The female pelvis is more rounded and open to allow for childbirth. I know this because I'm a Midwife and we covered this extensively in training. Unless there is some deformity this is a very reliable method of sexing remains.
So, panties or not, I think they made an educated guess based on bone structure.

*waves hand* Um... I thought Sandra put Stacy in the Illinois River at Dresden Lock and Dam. As well she said Stacy would be found at the end of April 2008. It's May 2009, and if it is Stacy, her body was found at the the Des Moines River edge.
When I look it up on the map, I am confused. Are they two separate rivers? On the map, they appear to be one or is google messing with me again?

I wonder how well remians would be preserved in a barrel underwater after this amount of time.?

More on the change of judge:

Prosecutors to get new judge to preside over Peterson's trial

By The Associated Press | Thursday, May 21, 2009 |

JOLIET | Prosecutors in the murder case against former police officer Drew Peterson got their wish when a new judge was appointed, but Peterson's defense attorney says he'll ask that that new judge be replaced, too.

The Will County state's attorney earlier this week had asked that Will County Judge Richard Schoenstedt be removed from the case against Peterson, who's charged with killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

Will County Chief Judge Gerald Kinney on Thursday agreed to remove Schoensted, but defense attorney Joel Brodsky immediately promised to file a motion asking that the new judge be removed as well.

Brodsky didn't give a reason for his request. He'd challenged the prosecution's efforts to get Schoensted taken off the case.

*snipped*

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2009/05/21//updates/breaking_news/doc4a153e07a9e3b966181006.txt

When I look it up on the map, I am confused. Are they two separate rivers? On the map, they appear to be one or is google messing with me again?

the DuPage flows off into the Des Plaines in that vicinity. then a bit west from there the kankakee flows from the Des Plaines southeast. I think the Illinois River begins right around or after the Dresdin Locks - but I'm not 100% positive on that.

Interesting that Joel paid a visit to DP at the jail last night. I remember way back when the divers were put into the canal to do a search and there were reports that DP and Joel watched all the coverage that day on television.

Do you suppose their interest that day was fueled by concern Stacy would be found and relieved when the search yielded nothing?
You betcha! It isn't a lot different when Casey A. watched the searches go on with no outward emotion until they found a body behind her house. She instantly went into an emotional state without any confirmation it was Caylee and it was all caught on tape.

This would be what Joel would hope to avoid with his client in jail and being supervised. ;)

I am fairly certain they can get it from the bones even if they have been in the water.

I have a friend who's sister was murdered in November of 2004. The two perps admitted they murdered her (and another woman) but refused to tell where the remains were located.

In February of this year the remains were found in a wooded area near where she was last known to be. My friend is confident the remains found are her sister's remains because of some items found with the remains. But the FBI is still doing DNA tests at two different labs in order to close the case. My friend was told by FBI they can get DNA from the bones, even though it's been five years exposed to elements.

the DuPage flows off into the Des Plaines in that vicinity. then a bit west from there the kankakee flows from the Des Plaines southeast. I think the Illinois River begins right around or after the Dresdin Locks - but I'm not 100% positive on that.
So basically, they are one flowing river (one going into the next). It would mean that Sandra B.'s prediction could still be correct then if the barrel floated or was dragged by a ship a distance (it didn't look that far from Dresden tho)?

from www.heliumraven.com

post of January 3, 2008 Sandra wrote......

" ........November 25th was a Sunday and Stacy's body was likely back up the river closer to where she was originally dumped into the water........
Sandra Belanger

January 3, 2008

9:16am"

So, she was stating that Stacy was dumped into the river and caught at the Dresden Locks, but something (a barge maybe(?)) caught her and brought her back up river to close to where she was dumped from!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Per this link, it says Stacy was last seen wearing a red jogging suit, but who knows if that info came from Drew or not?

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=124593&threadid=1723006
He also said she took her red bikini as I recall. I don't think we can trust anything put out at the time of her disappearance unless it came from the oldest child who may have seen her that morning. (Now his story would match Drew's and would be of no significance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member