Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
You betcha! It isn't a lot different when Casey A. watched the searches go on with no outward emotion until they found a body behind her house. She instantly went into an emotional state without any confirmation it was Caylee and it was all caught on tape.

This would be what Joel would hope to avoid with his client in jail and being supervised. ;)

It never ceases to amaze me that these attorneys proclaim their clients' innocence loudly, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt. I know that everyone has a right to legal defense by law, but the actions of some of these attorneys - Brodsy and Baez, specifically- go beyond what is a right into just plain arrogance, IMHO.

Excellent news!

This woman should be applauded:

"A blue barrel in a river around here is kind of something I would think people would want to know about, especially the police," said Michelle Williams, who saw the blue barrel and called officials.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6824563&rss=rss-wls-article-6824563

BRAVO, Michelle Williams for doing the right thing!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:​

ITA SS, I'd tend to believe her as she walks regularly there with her child than the bartender getting his name in the paper!

I'm also thinking this afternoon about the man who spotted the bones. He said he stood there for about 10 min, doing nothing but contemplating what to do, thinking SS 'could this be what I think it might be?'. xxoxx

I hope it is Stacey and her family will get to put her to rest. That SOB is probably crapping his pants right about now if it is her.

Several comments - If this is Stacy I will say, in addition to Thank God she is found, that she had an uncanny way to surface now. Someone here said that the body must not be totally decomposed to skeleton since they have determined that the remains are that of a female. Not true because the remains are reportedly that of the lower body, and the pelvis of a female and male are different enough that the medical examiner could certainly state whther the remains are male or female.
Finally, if she had been in the barrel, and if it had been fairly airtight, and only recently had come apart, then it could have slowed down the progression of decomposition. It seems very just that the dead sometimes seem to reach from beyond to get justice. Laci Peterson did just that; now maybe Stacy did too.
I agree with everything you have said. It is uncanny how bodies will sometimes surface when the timing appears to be right, but I am one of those that believe everything happens in its' own time and happens for a reason. It isn't ours to question why, but to be grateful for unseen forces in the grand scheme of things. ;)

although certainly not out of the realm of possibility for it to be drug up from the bottom and drug - I say highly unlikely as Dresden locks is west - down river - from where the barrel and remains were found. I'm sure there is some way it COULD happen I just don't think it did, not from the locks anyhow. I say that because it would have to be drug upstream at least 5-10 miles, and pass both the kankakee river inlet and the Grant Creek inlet - both of which would cause the current to flow the opposite direction(west). Of course its only moo, & a completely nonscientific opinion at that.

on Sandras reading on Dec 13 she states(I'm recovered under a ship (Gacy) that's comin' into the locks. (Piest) and also same daySome ships are takin' her west.Strange huh.

Has anyone look up the Piest persons story to see where they were located?

It never ceases to amaze me that these attorneys proclaim their clients' innocence loudly, even in the face of overwhelming evidence of guilt. I know that everyone has a right to legal defense by law, but the actions of some of these attorneys - Brodsy and Baez, specifically- go beyond what is a right into just plain arrogance, IMHO.
Don't forget Geragos!!! Ugh.

ITA SS, I'd tend to believe her as she walks regularly there with her child than the bartender getting his name in the paper!

I'm also thinking this afternoon about the man who spotted the bones. He said he stood there for about 10 min, doing nothing but contemplating what to do, thinking SS 'could this be what I think it might be?'. xxoxx
The body without that blue barrel wouldn't put the needle in DP's DP case (if it is Stacy). It bolsters TM's account and gives the prosecution so much more evidence. ;) She could have just not mentioned the barrel and it may not have been associated to the remains.

Well well, it certainly looks as though they may have proven a connection between DrewP and the judge. I would have thought that if there were a connection that the judge should have made that clear when he heard the gun charge case.

Now little Joey was fighting hard to keep the original judge, and evidently really doesn't want the second judge ( :chicken: cluck, cluck, cluck) but it does look like he is backing down from his threat to oust that judge too.

On Thursday, Brodsky initially said in court that he would ask that that new judge be replaced, too, but he later withdrew that request.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hbfkKdZZEPQinpLBXO6Df3-5s2SwD98AR2103
----------
Is Brodsky totally in Twilight Zone? With him protesting the removal of a judge as requested by Prosecutors, it pretty much points to an inappropriate relationship between Drew and the judge. Or else, why protest? If there isn't any reason to want the judge to preside over your client's case, then why care what judge presides over the case? :waitasec::bang:

----------
Is Brodsky totally in Twilight Zone? With him protesting the removal of a judge as requested by Prosecutors, it pretty much points to an inappropriate relationship between Drew and the judge. Or else, why protest? If there isn't any reason to want the judge to preside over your client's case, then why care what judge presides over the case? :waitasec::bang:

Bold is mine.

Stalling, perhaps?

on Sandras reading on Dec 13 she states(I'm recovered under a ship (Gacy) that's comin' into the locks. (Piest) and also same daySome ships are takin' her west.Strange huh.

Although the death toll had now risen to 32, the body of Robert Piest was still missing. Tragically, his remains were discovered in the Illinois River in April 1979. The body had been lodged somewhere in the river but strong winds had worked it loose and carried it to the locks at Dresden Dam, where it was finally discovered. An autopsy report showed that Robert had been strangled by paper towels being shoved down his throat.

http://www.prairieghosts.com/gacy.html

Am I missing something, while watching this video of the barrel, it looks like the bottom and the top lid are on? If the body was inside, how did it get out ? ( OR DO I NEED NEW GLASSES?)
---------
I reviewed the video again and one end of the barrel definitely has a cover. Toward the back of the boat it isn't very clear if the cover is in place or not. The blue on the bottom of the barrel could be the blue inside of the side of the barrel, KWIM?

Bold is mine.

Stalling, perhaps?

--------
You are so right, for a second, I forgot that we are talking about Drew and Joel here. There is no way he could have just remained silent and just go along with it as if there was no problem. Does anyone have any history on the new female judge?

Excellent news!

This woman should be applauded:

"A blue barrel in a river around here is kind of something I would think people would want to know about, especially the police," said Michelle Williams, who saw the blue barrel and called officials.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6824563&rss=rss-wls-article-6824563

BRAVO, Michelle Williams for doing the right thing!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:​

It's not a fact that LE has a head or at least a jawbone. It's just my speculation based on a news report that the ME is doing DNA and dental records to identify the remains. I was just saying that if they're comparing dental records, they must have a head or at least a jawbone. :)

This is slightly off-topic of the remains found, but has anyone else noticed that Drew Peterson's initials, DP are the same as the initials for death penalty? Seems quite appropriate - give DP the DP! Sorry if trite, but it has been sooo long since this began, I guess the rapid move to justice occurring now has made me giddy.

LMAO, what's he so afraid of? I guess he finally figured out he's not such A LADIES MAN...

LOL, I don't know what they are so afraid of! If things get too tuff for them, DrewP can just send her a cell phone and offer to pay for a boob job and repairs for her. That should work things out, after all women love him, they want him!

And I have a confession to make I want him tooo!!! I want him in prison, behind bars. In da pen with de rest of the de dogs!

Here's a link that talks about Piest being found:

http://serialkillercalendar.com/johnwaynegacy.html

Scroll down to 'Discovery of Bodies Continues'.

It won't let me c & p, but says his body was caught up somewhere along the side of the river and strong winds dislodged it and the body was swept down to the locks at the Dresden Dam where it was eventually found.

I agree with everything you have said. It is uncanny how bodies will sometimes surface when the timing appears to be right, but I am one of those that believe everything happens in its' own time and happens for a reason. It isn't ours to question why, but to be grateful for unseen forces in the grand scheme of things. ;)

Thanks, SeriouslySearching,and ITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member