Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that this is a crazy thought at all! The same thing raised my hinky meter. Maybe someone was no longer afraid of DP..now that he's in jail.

So see, you aren't the only skeptical one:)

Hi Curiositycat and Pegatha too! It is an interesting idea I agree. The only problem I have with that is from what we've read, the body was most likely put in a blue barrel which was thrown into the river and was there for almost 1 1/2 years. The skelatonized remains could have either come apart by animals or by disarticulation which happens in water, the ME doesn't know which. I think this barrel had to have been in the water all this time, well maybe ;}

The flood last Sept would most likely have dislodged the barrel, so how would this person know where it was now?

Even if it was tied to something underwater like at the locks and held fast thru the flooding, wouldn't it be almost impossible to retrieve it and have the barrel float freely, open up to loose some of it's contents along the way and the rest of the remains land on a beachy area - all within the time since Drew was arrested?

xox

I"m curious..............do any of those who live locally know if there's still LE activity going on at the site where the remains were found? I hope they're still looking for other body parts and evidence.

On another note...........just what was DP's three days of "head clearing" all about? Do you suppose that those three days were spent disposing of Stacy's remains........in separate locations? I've been thinking about the possibility that since the remains only consist of torso, pelvis, and upper portions of the legs, that the remains could have been dismembered prior to disposal. Of course, I'm making a lot of assumptions here.......first assumption is that the remains are Stacy's and secondly that she was dismembered as opposed to animals or natural forces dismembering the body.

That has always bothered me. And even more so after the confirmation of the storage unit. Drew came back from that trip pretty cocky and upbeat and that's when he started with his games with the press and LE. I always felt that he came back with that attitude because he KNEW Stacey was now gone for good and no one was ever going to find her.

I"m curious..............do any of those who live locally know if there's still LE activity going on at the site where the remains were found? I hope they're still looking for other body parts and evidence.

On another note...........just what was DP's three days of "head clearing" all about? Do you suppose that those three days were spent disposing of Stacy's remains........in separate locations? I've been thinking about the possibility that since the remains only consist of torso, pelvis, and upper portions of the legs, that the remains could have been dismembered prior to disposal. Of course, I'm making a lot of assumptions here.......first assumption is that the remains are Stacy's and secondly that she was dismembered as opposed to animals or natural forces dismembering the body.

Well that could go either way and I don't know which would be best.

If it took him 3 days then he had to have been storing her remains somewhere, going there more than once, and making multiple trips carrying body parts. That's a risk. But he could have more time to remove extremities and figuring out where he was going to leave them. Then he could have been dropping off a piece here and a piece there, all the while appearing to be taking long country rides on the bike.

If he did it all that one night, he would have had to remove extremities, drop the barrel off, then take the rest of the remains someplace else to dispose of them. All while dodging phone calls from Cass, moving cars and needing to get back home in case LE came looking for him.

I believe that DP worked undercover narcotics for awhile. Maybe he "looked the other way" a couple of times and "people" owe him favors.

I always felt that way too. And I always felt that DP had something over on Steve C and Mike as well.

Everyone still calls it The Big Basin Marina. There's a bar there called Mugz's Hideout.
Right, I have been there many times and my fiancee' did a show there 2 years ago. Used to be called Big Basin Saloon but was changed to Mugz's around the same time.

As far as I know they are. It's still supposed to cloud up overnight with a possible shower or two tomorrow, then maybe rain on Sunday again.

ETA - Update on WLS - They are bringing in a forensic anthropologist. Still will be searching for further remains. Lots of talk about all the stuff in the Des Plaines, how a body can have missing bones, but still speculating that it may have been done on purpose. Coroner will be able to tell upon further testing. Two weeks on the outset for results - will probably be sooner but 'two weeks' is the standard answer. Person had been deaceased for at least several months.

Speculating on how coroners office got burned with the Savio determination so coroner is being ultra careful. Nothing to be gained by moving quickly.

My c & p is deadsville! Sorry. Maybe a good soul can bring that link and Snippet here. xox

The last link on the Stacy Forensic Astrology thread said the remains weighed about 30 lbs and was MAINLY bones.

Does that tell us anything new? Maybe Dr Baden was right and there was some tissue on those bones. Maybe in the area under the jeans/panties?

As far as I know they are. It's still supposed to cloud up overnight with a possible shower or two tomorrow, then maybe rain on Sunday again.

ETA - Update on WLS - They are bringing in a forensic anthropologist. Still will be searching for further remains. Lots of talk about all the stuff in the Des Plaines, how a body can have missing bones, but still speculating that it may have been done on purpose. Coroner will be able to tell upon further testing. Two weeks on the outset for results - will probably be sooner but 'two weeks' is the standard answer. Person had been deaceased for at least several months.

Speculating on how coroners office got burned with the Savio determination so coroner is being ultra careful. Nothing to be gained by moving quickly.

Thanks Cherry Baby, Appreciate those local updates :blowkiss:

Do you think 18 mos and several mos could equate to the same thing in the end? That would mean several was a generalization for now?

Hoping and praying it will bring much needed answers to "whoever's family" is grieving this loss, though leaning towards Stacy. I am glad that in spite of the horrible events, loved one's lost, that some just kind of end up revealing themselves, ie Laci Peterson, Caylee, etc. Only wish for more for the thousands of other families left wondering.. If it is Stacy, what timing.. God rest her soul..

My c & p is deadsville! Sorry. Maybe a good soul can bring that link and Snippet here. xox

The last link on the Stacy Forensic Astrology thread said the remains weighed about 30 lbs and was MAINLY bones.

Does that tell us anything new? Maybe Dr Baden was right and there was some tissue on those bones. Maybe in the area under the jeans/panties?

And maybe just enough to notice one of Stacy's tatoo's? They did notify her family of the remains discovery. I still really don't understand why. I know someone said it was probably a jurisdiction thing?

I want more information and I want it now, LOL.

This link has been posted before but it has been updated now.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7642347&page=1

'They are also trying to determine whether the head was severed before or after death, O'Neil said. Police are also searching for the body's head and other body parts.'

(Bolded by me)

So... is it safe to assume this could possibly be the cause of death? I do realize this came from a news source. I wish they wouldn't state things like this if it isn't exactly true. Just makes your mind wonder. That same article states police are also searching for the body's head and other body parts. I am stumped as to how they are comparing dental records.

This link has been posted before but it has been updated now.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7642347&page=1

(snipped from the article linked above)

The office of Will County Coroner Patrick K. O'Neil said the body -- which many believe could be that of either Peterson's missing wife Stacy -- was clad in only women's underwear and shreds of blue jeans that held a small amount of money.

Okay, so it's safe to say the body is a female.

I am stumped as to how they are comparing dental records.

I honestly think it was just a tie of the tongue when they said dental records, because the usual is to check dental records, so that's how it came out. Unless...they have more than what is being said, but I dunno.

If this is truly where the barrel ended up and perhaps smashed open then I would think there would still be some other 'evidence' about. God bless the divers of the world.

What sucks is that I have to go to work in the office tomorrow and the radio signal is for crapola there, dang it!

Thank you both!

:blowkiss:

And maybe just enough to notice one of Stacy's tatoo's? They did notify her family of the remains discovery. I still really don't understand why. I know someone said it was probably a jurisdiction thing?

Me too Breanna!

Laci was in the water about 4 mos and under what was left of the pants down to about the knees there was flesh. Stacy possibly being in that barrel for most of the time she has been missing + Baden's comment yesterday that there could still be flesh says it is a possibility, eh?

LE also notified Lisa's family a body had been found.

Is it about 6pm in Chicago? Probably nothing more we will learn tonight, right? xox

They notified both Stacey's family and Lisa's family.

But I am noticing in the media, they are giving a lot of emphasis toward Stacey's case and a kind of "or it could be the case of Lisa Stebic." Often reporters know more than what they can print. Like they may have been told off the record that it looked like it might be Stacey, but there wasn't enough info to be sure. And media will usually tell it this way without the conjecture. But they will give the conjecture the preference.

Here is what I am wondering. The coroners words are pretty standard for when they cannot offer a COD or an id. The autopsy is inconclusive. He tells what remains they do have, and they have more than what we were led to believe. He doesn't give away other specific findings.

The arms, head, and lower legs are missing. Either an animal with very specifics dietary preferences. Or coincidence that only the identifible parts dropped off, or someone removed identifiable parts. I am wondering if perhaps there were non fatal knife marks in the ribcage area also. Like might occur if a person was attempting to remove implants? That more than anything would point more toward Stacey than Lisa. And just the fact that there are non fatal appearing marks could indicate that the implants were removed to prevent id. There are other things that might have been found also, it wouldn't have to be the implants. Long hair maybe trapped in the waistband of the jeans or underwear would point toward Stacey. Evidence of an old broken bone, a known previous injury could point to a particular person without being conclusive. Or the absence of a known old injury that the other one had.

So even though the coroner says inconclusive, it doesn't mean they didn't learn anything at the scene or in the autopsy.

Im embarrassed to be from Illinois.

Born in Chicago

raised in Oswego and Yorkville

Plainfield was in our Little Seven Conference

Ive heard that area is really really changed...

Ya cant go home again...nor do I want to anymore

Nice rep that whole state has lately :eek:

I honestly think it was just a tie of the tongue when they said dental records, because the usual is to check dental records, so that's how it came out. Unless...they have more than what is being said, but I dunno.

If this is truly where the barrel ended up and perhaps smashed open then I would think there would still be some other 'evidence' about. God bless the divers of the world.

What sucks is that I have to go to work in the office tomorrow and the radio signal is for crapola there, dang it!

We'll miss you too! And God Bless all the lady divers in the world too that have implants. They have to wear bindings, which is tricky, if they have silicone implants which are heavier than water '{ Think I'm getting rummy :crazy: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$