GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully bbm: NC - I take it this is your professional opinion, correct? There has been no information released that would indicate this was the specific reason the brother was removed from the home.

Thanks,

Salem

Not just my opinion. I read their policy and laws. I posted a link as it is an online publication for every State's CPS procedures.

ETA: of course everyone is entitled to take my posts as opinion only. It matters little to me. Just something I do for a living every day :)

Not just my opinion. I read their policy and laws. I posted a link as it is an online publication for every State's CPS procedures.

ETA: of course everyone is entitled to take my posts as opinion only. It matters little to me. Just something I do for a living every day :)

Understood this is something you do every day for a living and I consider your opinion valuable.

I looked at the link and my interpretation of what you are saying is that based on IL's policies and guidelines, the brother could have been removed just because his sister died in the home. Doesn't mean that is "exactly" what happened, but it is a good possibility/high probability.

Thanks NC - I appreciate the info!

Salem

Technically, all we know is that is what CD said happened...not that it did. That's the frustrating part. Proven fabrications by CD and proven fabrications from JD equals me believing nothing anyone says, regardless of the who.

Understood this is something you do every day for a living and I consider your opinion valuable.

I looked at the link and my interpretation of what you are saying is that based on IL's policies and guidelines, the brother could have been removed just because his sister died in the home. Doesn't mean that is "exactly" what happened, but it is a good possibility/high probability.

Thanks NC - I appreciate the info!

Salem

It was my understanding the child was removed prior to discovering Willow's death. I may be wrong about that, but a hearing on Tues does not preclude the child being removed Sunday when the investigation was opened. If he was removed on Sunday, it would be due to Willow being missing. If the child was not removed until Tuesday, the death would be the eminent risk factor.

ETA: The hearing would have been for the parents. The removal of the child doesn't have to have a hearing. A CPS Investigator and an agency attorney would appear in front of a judge and name the circumstances surrounding the eminent risk factor. If the judge agrees he signs the authorization and the child is removed. Parental hearing within 48 hours to present evidence on both sides. Attorneys present.

I, too, am of the opinion that Mom didn't return home 'til morning. If that is true, perhaps her appearance/demeanor while knocking on doors looking for Willow caused concern among the neighbors. We all know the difference between "just out of bed" and "walk of shame" appearance.

Although it's unlikely anyone here will ever know who the reporter was, I'm really surprised that none of you have suggested the little brother's own father. If you found out your child's sibling had mysteriously vanished don't you think you might want to have your child's situation checked out? Or maybe paternal grandparents? It's 100x more common for a non-custodial parent to make a CPS report than anyone else.

I've been wondering if he didn't bother to feed the little boy at all, and maybe that's why he was crying?

I doubt feeding and changing the little guy's diaper or pullup was on his list of things to do.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/deathnotices/x335466834/Willow-Long-Watson

WATSON — "Funeral services for Willow Marie Long, 7, of Watson, will be at 11 a.m. Monday at First Baptist Church, Effingham. Private burial services will be for the family only. Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Hearts Rock Cafe at Effingham High School. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to any local organization who participated in the search for Willow."

Although it's unlikely anyone here will ever know who the reporter was, I'm really surprised that none of you have suggested the little brother's own father. If you found out your child's sibling had mysteriously vanished don't you think you might want to have your child's situation checked out? Or maybe paternal grandparents? It's 100x more common for a non-custodial parent to make a CPS report than anyone else.

momof7 did in reply to me. Just wanted to give the kudos as it made me 'ohh'

RSBM
Could it have been someone in Willow's dad's family? My assumption is CD called him right away when she was missing, I don't know if I recall reading the specifics around his knowledge and when that came about. Regardless it was anonymous for a reason. Hopefully NG paternal family is able to care for him.

Kelly

Kelly

WILLOW LONG
angel-smiley-027.gif

8_8_44.gif

Why would the boy's Dad call about JD though?

Also, if I were the Dad if I found out through the grapevine that Willow was missing my first call would be to my ex, then the police to ask about my son.

I am thinking the caller is more of a neighbor than a family member.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/deathnotices/x335466834/Willow-Long-Watson

WATSON — "Funeral services for Willow Marie Long, 7, of Watson, will be at 11 a.m. Monday at First Baptist Church, Effingham. Private burial services will be for the family only. Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Hearts Rock Cafe at Effingham High School. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to any local organization who participated in the search for Willow."

Wonderful to see the Family paying it forward to those who helped in the search. They may not recognize it now but one day they may find some comfort in that lovely gesture. It's one final thing they can do on behalf of Willow.

It has definitely been something I have considered. I guess I'm waiting to see if we hear anything about JD from LE. If it were my kid I would definitely do it, just to get my kid out of a potentially harmful situation. I'm still curious as to the abuse accusation so early on. Was there reason to suspect JD from a previous incident or would he just suspect him? Because at that point the story was CD was in the house and saw Willow that morning, so why not a possible abuse accusation for both of them?

Why would the boy's Dad call about JD though?

Also, if I were the Dad if I found out through the grapevine that Willow was missing my first call would be to my ex, then the police to ask about my son.

I am thinking the caller is more of a neighbor than a family member.

BBM: Ummm, maybe because Willow went missing under his watch? CPS takes the facts. They would have made the determination about what allegation was designated to what person.

And you are mistaken if you don't think non-custodial parents don't call CPS when something is wrong. I didn't say they don't also call the ex and the police, but CPS is also on the list.

It has definitely been something I have considered. I guess I'm waiting to see if we hear anything about JD from LE. If it were my kid I would definitely do it, just to get my kid out of a potentially harmful situation. I'm still curious as to the abuse accusation so early on. Was there reason to suspect JD from a previous incident or would he just suspect him? Because at that point the story was CD was in the house and saw Willow that morning, so why not a possible abuse accusation for both of them?

See now, here is where things can be dicey for the public. No one knows what information CPS had at the time of the removal. They could have had information from LE that no one else was privileged to at that time. Also, neglect and/or abuse is very specific. The allegations are determined by law as to what would constitute abuse and what would constitute neglect. They do not overlap and the list is extensive. Without seeing the report itself, there is no way to determine what exactly was alleged, therefore, it is impossible to determine why 2 allegations were assessed as neglect and 1 was assessed as abuse.

It was my understanding the child was removed prior to discovering Willow's death. I may be wrong about that, but a hearing on Tues does not preclude the child being removed Sunday when the investigation was opened. If he was removed on Sunday, it would be due to Willow being missing. If the child was not removed until Tuesday, the death would be the eminent risk factor.

ETA: The hearing would have been for the parents. The removal of the child doesn't have to have a hearing. A CPS Investigator and an agency attorney would appear in front of a judge and name the circumstances surrounding the eminent risk factor. If the judge agrees he signs the authorization and the child is removed. Parental hearing within 48 hours to present evidence on both sides. Attorneys present.

I don't quite understand---help me out here. So according to your first paragraph, if a child goes missing they can automatically take the rest of your children until they reslove why the child is missing?

How about if someone has 5 children and one drowns in the backyard swimming pool (dies at home). Does that mean they take the other 4 until they do an investigation into the death?

Or does there have to be more than the actual event to remove the children?

I don't quite understand---help me out here. So according to your first paragraph, if a child goes missing they can automatically take the rest of your children until they reslove why the child is missing?

How about if someone has 5 children and one drowns in the backyard swimming pool (dies at home). Does that mean they take the other 4 until they do an investigation into the death?

Or does there have to be more than the actual event to remove the children?

Usually more. It would depend on what was found at the time the investigator went to the home. If they find anything that presents a risk to the other children, then yes.

Sep 12, 2013
Hundreds, including father, gather to honor Willow Long at candlelight vigil
http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/397435/3/Willow-Longs-father-remembers-daughter-at-vigil

EFFINGHAM COUNTY, Ill. (KSDK) - Hundreds of people turned out Wednesday night to remember a 7 year old girl who police say was stabbed to death by her uncle.

"This is all for her, there is nothing else, but Willow, and I ask that every single one of you never ever forget my daughter," Willow's father told mourners."

:rose:

http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13107.shtml

:candle: Funeral Arrangements Set for Willow Long
Funeral services for Willow Long will be held Monday, September 16 at 11 a.m. at First Baptist Church in Effingham. A visitation will be Saturday, September 14 from 5-9 p.m. at the Hearts Rock Cafe in Effingham High School.

Private burial services will be held for the family only.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to any local organization that participated in the search for Willow.

BBM: Ummm, maybe because Willow went missing under his watch? CPS takes the facts. They would have made the determination about what allegation was designated to what person.

And you are mistaken if you don't think non-custodial parents don't call CPS when something is wrong. I didn't say they don't also call the ex and the police, but CPS is also on the list.

I realize that non-custodial parents call CPS when something is wrong or when something isn't wrong. Some call to up the ante in a custody battle.

I am just asking why JD would be on the radar for the boy's Dad and how at that point he would even know if JD was looking after the kids the night before.

Sure, Willow went missing under JD's watch but on Sunday it was believed that Willow went missing in a home where there were two adults. Just because a kid may have wandered off doesn't mean the parents are worthy of calls to CPS. Kids go missing and CPS doesn't always get involved. Only if the police feel there is a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves