Imperfect Justice - Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton Release date Nov. 15

Well he already discussed his testing at length on Dr. Drew right after the trial - so how can it be a secret?

I missed that. After the verdict, I couldn't bring myself to watch the shows because of all of the blah, blah, blah! It made me wretch to listen to JVM and JB and everyone talking like it was just so obvious that she was going to walk! BS!

Well he already discussed his testing at length on Dr. Drew right after the trial - so how can it be a secret?

I don't necessarily believe everything Dr. Phil says. Just because he advertises that there is a secret to be revealed doesn't make it so. KWIM.

I hope JA goes deeper and tells us something we don't already know.

The sidebars were and still available under the Sunshine law, I don't think anybody has asked for them, have they?

I think you are right.
A few were released under the Sunshine law..but we know there were many many sidebars during this trial..

Ashton is brilliant and will reveal zero, zip, nada that the law does not allow.

Unless of course he has weighed the consequences of violating HIPAA and feels there's no severe consequence to revaling what he knows (which would make me real happy).:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

JMO

I wonder if he's not dicussing the actual contents, per se, rather what was in the depo(s) that caused JB to call HHJP and call the whole witnesses off...THAT most likely isnt covered by anything, as it wouldnt have to do directly with OCA but with the opinion(s) of the experts.

I'll bite. that's really what I want to know.

I know! Lol! Me, too! If I thought he could spill the beans and only be slapped with a huge fine, I'd beg him to do it, and then start a collection to pay the fine for him! It would be worth it to have the truth spoken instead of a bunch of BS.

ugh I'd like to say I agree with that (the nosy sneaky part of me DOES agree!) but I have these unfortunate damn morals that prevent me not only from using duct tape on my children, they also keep me from agreeing that anyone should violate the doctor/client priviledge....OCA not excepted.

please, please dont let him put anything in the book that would make me take up for her! ugh!

I wonder if he's not dicussing the actual contents, per se, rather what was in the depo(s) that caused JB to call HHJP and call the whole witnesses off...THAT most likely isnt covered by anything, as it wouldnt have to do directly with OCA but with the opinion(s) of the experts.

I'll bite. that's really what I want to know.

Yes, that's exactly what I've been wondering - just what caused CM to ask for that last evaluation?

As for HIPPA laws, I don't think JA is subject to that. It applies to individuals involved as health care providers, health plans, record keeping or transmission of records. She had to have given permission for the Dr. to release her report to the court, initially, but after that point HIPPA may not apply. He'd be more likely bound (as a practicing attorney) to the court's sealing of the record, I think?

Don't the HIPPA laws apply to medical practitioners?

ugh I'd like to say I agree with that (the nosy sneaky part of me DOES agree!) but I have these unfortunate damn morals that prevent me not only from using duct tape on my children, they also keep me from agreeing that anyone should violate the doctor/client priviledge....OCA not excepted.

please, please dont let him put anything in the book that would make me take up for her! ugh!

I respect your ethics but I want to hear the the dirt :great::great::great:

I missed that. After the verdict, I couldn't bring myself to watch the shows because of all of the blah, blah, blah! It made me wretch to listen to JVM and JB and everyone talking like it was just so obvious that she was going to walk! BS!

Sorry don't know if I was confusing - I meant Dr. Krop and Dr Drew discussed the types of testing and the results quite soon after the verdict, so if Dr. Krop has been public about it - how could JA be doing "anything" by revealing the same information - which was no personality issues - just very very immature.

Dr. Drew never did stop sputtering and didn't get his jaw off the floor after Dr. Krop's bombshell...of "normal"...

Don't the HIPPA laws apply to medical practitioners?

Apparently OCA gave permission for Dr. Krop to discuss the results as long as he didn't discuss the "abuse" issues.

Or that was his story anyhow...I'm looking forward to hearing what Mr. Ashton has to say - a whole lot more credibility there for me.

Apparently OCA gave permission for Dr. Krop to discuss the results as long as he didn't discuss the "abuse" issues.

Or that was his story anyhow...I'm looking forward to hearing what Mr. Ashton has to say - a whole lot more credibility there for me.

Speaking of Mr. Ashton, my book has shipped & according to UPS, I'm getting it early, Monday afternoon!!!!! YEA!!!! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night..........:woohoo::great::woohoo:

Mod note:
The purpose of this thread is for what I referenced above. It will remain open for discussion of the content of the book after members have had a chance to read it. If you don't like Ashton and do not plan on reading the book, this is probably not the thread for you. I have seen snarky, baiting anti-Ashton comments questioning his motivation for writing this book peppered on several threads throughout this forum and I have let them stand...for months now. Respect those members who would like a constructive discussion about the book. Keep the snark off of this thread. If you choose to post them here, expect a TO.
:tyou:

<snipped for emphasis>

I have removed 2 snarky posts. I am not going to remove anymore or PM anyone else. Out of patience with the disrespect. At the end of my rope.

Please alert if you see anymore after this post. :tyou:

Just placed my order through Tricia's link and I'll have it on Tuesday. :dance:

I have not gotten my copy yet. But I do hope everyone will share what they are reading. I do plan on getting a copy but not for awhile. jmo

Speaking of Mr. Ashton, my book has shipped & according to UPS, I'm getting it early, Monday afternoon!!!!! YEA!!!! I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night..........:woohoo::great::woohoo:

......For You.. :skip: ................ For Me........ :sigh: .....

I think you are right.
A few were released under the Sunshine law..but we know there were many many sidebars during this trial..

The transcripts from all the sidebars should be compiled into a book.
I'd buy it.

The State was in the middle of deposing one of the drs that was brought in for sentencing mitigation ,when the DT withdrew the witness. The DT wanted to bring them into the guilt phase without the State deposing them,but that didn't fly.

Could those depositions become public ,even though the drs were withdrawn?
The defense agreed to those depos ,so wouldn't Casey wave HIPPA in that case?

I ordered the hardcover book and then decided I couldn't wait so ordered it for my kindle as well. If I lived in Orlando I'd be at the library getting my book signed. It would be a treasured item in my library.

My DVR will be set to record Dr. Phil on Wednesday.

I 100% agreed with how the prosecutors interpreted the evidence and so will read and probably re-read JA's book for validation.

My book will be here this week one day, but I can't record Dr. Phil...are his shows posted on YouTube? I'd really love to see that one (don't usually watch the "doctor")...

The transcripts from all the sidebars should be compiled into a book.
I'd buy it.

I'd buy it, too! Don't you know there was a lot of interesting stuff being said/argued during those never ending sidebars? :crazy:

The State was in the middle of deposing one of the drs that was brought in for sentencing mitigation ,when the DT withdrew the witness. The DT wanted to bring them into the guilt phase without the State deposing them,but that didn't fly.

Could those depositions become public ,even though the drs were withdrawn?
The defense agreed to those depos ,so wouldn't Casey wave HIPPA in that case?

Great question & I hope this also comes out. I've always felt the defense stopped the depos & withdrew these doctors was because something was coming out that wasn't going to shed a very good light on FCA..

Great question & I hope this also comes out. I've always felt the defense stopped the depos & withdrew these doctors was because something was coming out that wasn't going to shed a very good light on FCA..

my snip ITA and I expect this is what will be in the book. very good as this is information I really am interested in. I feel we got completely cheated out of a sentencing phase. :sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back