IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word is also spreading across 6,000 electronic billboards in 46 states. The boosted exposure is giving investigators the fuel they need.

“It's dogged determination of the investigators trying to solve this case for Liberty German and Abigail Williams and their families so we're hopeful anyway. When we start getting information and new leads to follow, that gives you new energy because it gives you somewhere to go and something to do and we're confident today is going to be that day that we make the announcement that we arrested a suspect and or suspects in the murder,” said Sgt. Slocum.

http://www.wthr.com/article/national-attention-leads-to-thousands-of-tips-in-delphi-investigation

For anyone who is somewhat local to 65 in that area, wondering if you could help me pinpoint a gas station for me. It's been bugging me for days and probably nothing but... It dawned on me that on the 13th, around 1pm ish, I was driving 65 S coming back from Chicago with my kids. We were close to Layfayette but pretty rural still. My daughter has to use the bathroom so I took an exit that was right there and took a right off the ramp. A small gas station/store was there. There was nothing else around, no big town or anything, Pulled in, my 2 daughters went in for bathroom, I stayed in car with my son, after a couple of minutes, I got nervous, no real reason other than I am on WS so I know about all the evil in the world. So I started paying attention to my surroundings. I saw a guy come out of the store, black hair, blue coat, nothing really distinguishing other than I noticed him. I got out and stood in front of my car where I could see the women's room door from window and also my son in the car. Some other guy was scrambling for change or something in his car pulled up behind mine, music blaring. few more minutes and I then locked my son in car and went in store, girls were coming out of bathroom then. The place creeped me out, I hurried them into the car and swore to myself the next time I stopped like that I had better be more aware before deciding to stop. Anyway, I leave and right next to gas station on left literally next to the exit ramp I had come from was a really beaten down trailer park.
So with this long story, I do have a question... I have googled earth the exits to death and can't find where I was, there should clearly be a trailer park by the ramp on satellite photos, no?
Does anyone know where this is? It dawned on me that I was driving by Delphi exit on 65 around the time the girls were there, and my mind goes back to that station and that guy for some reason. I just need to put the location to rest for myself, maybe it was further up from Layfayette than I recall, or further down. if anyone knows this area, do you know what town/exit that is?

The gas station that came to mind reading that description is the BP that is on SR-25, just off I-65 (that would indeed be the Delphi exit off of I-65).

As far as I know there is no trailer park right there, but there is a hauling/conveying area across from the gas station that sometimes has trailers on the grounds. Any chance that's what you saw and mistook as a trailer park?

This is where I'm referring to - https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4575998,-86.8464039,692m/data=!3m1!1e3

EDIT: Sounds like it's not based on you confirming that you turned right, not left.

I agree with most of this. Not sure about strangled. The LE reaction makes me think it's worse than that.

I think one possibility is a serial rapist who escalated his violence.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
It's much worse than that....IMO.

IMHO it wasn't strangulation. Too great of a risk and time consuming. Even if he tied them up you risk one screaming/escaping/someone discovering you. I would think that at least one of them died fairly quickly.

For anyone who is somewhat local to 65 in that area, wondering if you could help me pinpoint a gas station for me. It's been bugging me for days and probably nothing but... It dawned on me that on the 13th, around 1pm ish, I was driving 65 S coming back from Chicago with my kids. We were close to Layfayette but pretty rural still. My daughter has to use the bathroom so I took an exit that was right there and took a right off the ramp. A small gas station/store was there. There was nothing else around, no big town or anything, Pulled in, my 2 daughters went in for bathroom, I stayed in car with my son, after a couple of minutes, I got nervous, no real reason other than I am on WS so I know about all the evil in the world. So I started paying attention to my surroundings. I saw a guy come out of the store, black hair, blue coat, nothing really distinguishing other than I noticed him. I got out and stood in front of my car where I could see the women's room door from window and also my son in the car. Some other guy was scrambling for change or something in his car pulled up behind mine, music blaring. few more minutes and I then locked my son in car and went in store, girls were coming out of bathroom then. The place creeped me out, I hurried them into the car and swore to myself the next time I stopped like that I had better be more aware before deciding to stop. Anyway, I leave and right next to gas station on left literally next to the exit ramp I had come from was a really beaten down trailer park.
So with this long story, I do have a question... I have googled earth the exits to death and can't find where I was, there should clearly be a trailer park by the ramp on satellite photos, no?
Does anyone know where this is? It dawned on me that I was driving by Delphi exit on 65 around the time the girls were there, and my mind goes back to that station and that guy for some reason. I just need to put the location to rest for myself, maybe it was further up from Layfayette than I recall, or further down. if anyone knows this area, do you know what town/exit that is?

Do you remember what the name of the gas station was? I drive through Delphi only a couple times a year to visit family in Lafayette.

my theory? well here goes....
i think i must say that i do believe this man has taken a life before, i dont thinks hes exactly a pedophile in the fact that he is only attracted to children meaning mainly he likes adult women but given the chance he would take a child given the chance,clearly libby and abby where walking on the path for a little bit before being murdered i think they saw this man more then once and it really creeped her out so she took some sort of video or snapped a picture before the attack, imo they where clearly at the end of the bridge when the photo of abby was taken, after that i think they stood around there goofing probably taking more photos, i think we only have the one of abby because it was posted to her story on snapchat and someone screenshot it while the girls where still missing, i think the police have lots of pictures of the girls taken on libbys phone. so anyway they where goofing around when they saw the man approach i think they where just about to be going on there way when he catches up with them, he grabs abby with what i believe to be a knife outlined in his pocket he tells abby to just go down the hill, i think he snuck up and when he grabbed abby libby had already had her phone out so she just turned the camcorder on shoved it in her pocket and followed directions, after that he did whatever he di to them that caught the FBI's attention so quickly, posed the bodies to be found, then leaves. i think he knew the area, he mapped out where he wanted to take whatever unlucky teenager he found. i think he was clearly out there on the hunt, i dont think he knew libby and abby. also, some things i question though is how much time he was with the girls..? the billboards say he was last seen 2:30 i assume thats the last time he was picked up on Camera, and when they started looking for the girls is about 5:30, i think it will tell us alot when the release time of death.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

IMHO it wasn't strangulation. Too great of a risk and time consuming. Even if he tied them up you risk one screaming/escaping/someone discovering you. I would think that at least one of them died fairly quickly.

I agree...while strangling one...the other is free to scream, run away, call for help, etc.

The word is also spreading across 6,000 electronic billboards in 46 states. The boosted exposure is giving investigators the fuel they need.

“It's dogged determination of the investigators trying to solve this case for Liberty German and Abigail Williams and their families so we're hopeful anyway. When we start getting information and new leads to follow, that gives you new energy because it gives you somewhere to go and something to do and we're confident today is going to be that day that we make the announcement that we arrested a suspect and or suspects in the murder,” said Sgt. Slocum.

http://www.wthr.com/article/national-attention-leads-to-thousands-of-tips-in-delphi-investigation

Your posts are always really positive and factual. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you south or north of Lafayette?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't recall,I only know near Lafayette because husband called around that time and asked how close to home we were and I said Lafayette so be home in 1-1.5 hours. I got home at 2:30.

Oh my goodness... Not going to comment because I'm new and don't want to accidentally go against ToS but I think I see what you're referring to in the comments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ya that makes you wonder if somebody tracked them from that......and maybe the geo cache was the bait......

Oh wow. I didn't put two and two together the first time. The top commentor's username coupled with the three names in their post indicates the names of the people who recently found that cache. On the 11th. It IMO is IMO literally a record of them having just been there. IMO.

I honestly did not even notice the date, just the names. Wow!

SABBM

Very scary to think of. What else has this man done ??
My thoughts about this perp have gone back and forth, but I THINK it was one person ---which is frightening because he took the risk of one of them escaping. Points to someone with experience. :(
If and when he's captured-- maybe some other families can get answers !

Graphic below :

It seems like strangulation would've been the quickest and quietest. And the fact that there was a public viewing points to little major damage to them. Not that it lessens the horror of what the girls went through.
MOO

My best friend's brother and sil were beaten to death in a home invasion. They had to have closed casket funerals.
This was a family that had always had open caskets in the past, in order to say farewell. :(

I think it may have been just the one too.

SABBM

Very scary to think of. What else has this man done ??
My thoughts about this perp have gone back and forth, but I THINK it was one person ---which is frightening because he took the risk of one of them escaping. Points to someone with experience. :(
If and when he's captured-- maybe some other families can get answers !

Graphic below :

It seems like strangulation would've been the quickest and quietest. And the fact that there was a public viewing points to little major damage to them. Not that it lessens the horror of what the girls went through.
MOO

My best friend's brother and sil were beaten to death in a home invasion. They had to have closed casket funerals.
This was a family that had always had open caskets in the past, in order to say farewell. :(
I too think it was one perp. If he had control of one the second would follow. He could have held her arm, hair, neck. No weapon would have been necessary. I also think they may have been strangled.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness... Not going to comment because I'm new and don't want to accidentally go against ToS but I think I see what you're referring to in the comments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

i don't see it? Help?

This thread moves so fast, I can't possibly keep up. I don't know what to do. :( Except pray and hope they catch this monster, creature that committed this beyond horrifying crime against these two innocent girls. It's too heartbreaking to even fathom. :tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled