IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought exactly. Excellent sleuthing. To the person who discovered it, please call it in!!!

Thank you, I did report it by email to the tip line! I'm glad everyone is seeing what I'm seeing. I just happened to do a search and see it, and was like holy crap. Seems to be a potential link for sure.

I would like to hear from some of the new members regarding their theories with out mentioning any new suspects other than the man on the bridge.....

Thanks for asking. My theory:

• Girls actually do just to to the bridge to have fun on a sunny February day with no school.
• Killer knows that area. He's lived there his whole life. Maybe he doesn't go to church or has no young children so he's not a fixture in the town. He often goes to the park and sometimes feels a compulsion or fantasizes about killing. Maybe his compulsion is getting stronger. He buys a hunting kit for his belt and wears it sometimes, still fantasizing about catching someone to kill. Somehow this day he actually acts. He sees the opportunity and even better - it's two girls.
• The girls have grown up in a small town. They don't have the level of stranger danger kids in cities may have. They often see people out on the rails, on the bridge - no big deal. They at first pay him no mind. But then something catches either Libby or Abigail's attention. Maybe at first they just point out the "creeper" and it's a little scary but also they feel sort of silly because it's Delphi and they are comfortable in their town. They are playing around with Snapchat and video and taking selfies, sort of keeping their eye on the creeper. He walks toward their location. Suddenly they realize he is stopping next to them. Maybe he tells them that he's a railroad employee and they aren't supposed to be up there and asks them to exit the bridge - "go down the hill" he says. Or maybe he says he's got a sick dog or an injured friend, or maybe something interesting for them to see "down the hill."
• They are a little alarmed but they are also polite and dont want to seem rude or hurt his feelings because he may look familiar or know their names and they can't place him but feel like he's "known" to them. Or maybe they just don't feel like they can say no because he's an adult and they are kids and in the moment you don't think it all through. They follow (or comply). After a few steps Libby becomes alarmed. He's not acting right. She doesn't know what to do though because he's between her and Abigail and she can't warn her friend without saying something out loud - and risk their safety or maybe just risk being embarrassed that she's wrong about him. She turns on her phone video, hoping it's all for nothing.
• who knows what happens after that but I really don't want to think too much about the rest. Too horrible to think about.

This is just one humble newbie's theory as to how it all went down. I can see this happening just like this to my sister and I when we were younger. Don't we wish we could all turn back time and save them from this? =(

has anyone questioned the FBI being so invested in this case.... horrific crimes happen everyday to children in our country... the FBI does not put up 6000 signs across the countr Everytime they have a suspect.... either this is a suspected serial killer and they arent saying g that or there's something else really off here
I think they'll come on board when it's a small town and not a lot of resources. I'm sure the local LE hasn't dealt with anything like this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Also gives some context to why LE said early on: Something along the lines of parents to keep close watch on what your children are doing or something like that.
Currently looking for the link of the first presser

I'm sitting on my couch trying not to scream out of sheer excitement over that amazing find. Seriously, it's HUGE. I have a strong feeling LE knows and this is why they were hinting that it wasn't a chance encounter.

But WOW. Well, there goes sleeping tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hello..when I initially listened to the recording I had not read what it said.
I heard "young male"..I surmised the perp engaged the girls in conversation "have you seen a 'young male'?"
to act like he was looking for someone, to engage them with talk to get close.
I do now hear "down the hill" but also "young male".
thanks..

I think they'll come on board when it's a small town and not a lot of resources. I'm sure the local LE hasn't dealt with anything like this.

True but the 6000 billboards is unprecedented.

Yeah, they provided that kind of assistance for Baby Bella last summer. That was a pretty big operation but nothing like this.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

has anyone questioned the FBI being so invested in this case.... horrific crimes happen everyday to children in our country... the FBI does not put up 6000 signs across the countr Everytime they have a suspect.... either this is a suspected serial killer and they arent saying g that or there's something else really off here

RSBM

The hairs went up on the back of my neck.

I was curious why the FBI was involved.
Assumed it was because the town of Delphi (no offense meant) is smaller, and needed an organization with greater experience in murders. And this was a double homicide of children .(13 year olds are still like kids to my thinking... just don't tell my son :) )
MOO

in response to why one girl didn't run away (I feel very strongly on this):

What would you do, though, if the knife wasn't on you, but on your friend? And the threat was the POI would kill your friend if you ran? It happened locally where I live, a situation where one man controlled two innocent girls while holding a knife to the throat of the one he was raping to keep the other one from running. He then switched girls. He didn't wind up killing either one them, but this might show how how is could happen one person could control two.

There was also that horrible case in Texas where the one friend came back to help her friend, when she could've saved herself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jennifer_Ertman_and_Elizabeth_Peñahere

Investigators spend so much time trying to figure out the motives of the wicked. It is important to understand the victims, too.

Eller Pond is not the same. The Monon bridge is on the Geocache list as "high bridge".

I absolutely think this is the case. It fits other MOs. Not to mention the calmness and calculation...he's probably not new to this. MOO

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Replying to this comment: Because they don't have ------ such ------- quality ----- tips ----- !!!!!

I'm hopeful they they have received quality tips but are waiting on DNA confirmation and/or have not yet processed the tip yet. Hopefully some resolution occurs soon.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

JMO
I am really struggling with so little that has been released to help find this guy.

I get the whole save it to help with prosecution but by golly another girl could be killed like today or tomorrow. This is a definite public safety issue here. Time is of the essence here.

There comes a point where you need to give the public enough so they can help find this guy and get him off the streets.

And if they have DNA evidence then once he is caught it is almost guaranteed to be enough to prosecution him on that alone so I really fail to see why we have been given so few bread crumbs to help put this guy behind bars.

If LE does not have DNA then I can understand it better but if they have a sample from the suspect on one of the victims then my feeling is they should not be holding back because they will match him up once he is behind bars and be able to easily prosecute him.

We need to keep our children safe from this monster and get this guy off the streets. Something Anything. Please just give us another good crumb.

It sure beats spending millions on a bunch of billboards with the same grainy photo that doesnt give us enough to clue into him.

It also potentially links them to a particular hider of the geocaches, if that's what you would call it. IMO.

RSBM

Great find, krey !

Btw-- went back to view it and there' a notice saying it's been taken down so LE can look at it. Or something to that effect.

Wouldn't it be something... if we at WS were instrumental -- even in a small way -- of helping solve this !!

I know, right?!? I need to sleep tonight because I have to be somewhere in the morning, but this has been frustrating me for days (one particular possible suspect, and now this newly found link). Agh. Surely LE does already know and just can't make an arrest yet.

But there's nothing to know. I don't understand how knowing they like to geocache while hiking helps them find the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jezel