IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these are really good questions, and have not seen this come up on previous threads. When LE investigate missing persons or murder cases they often go back in time to the days leading up to the disappearance/murder to figure out what was going on in the victim's life and who they were associating with. It would have been the weekend (and a long weekend since the girls didn't have school on Monday). Did they spend time together at each other's houses or in the community? Did they spend time with other friends? Did either of the girls have a boyfriend?

I have been wondering if both sets of families were ok with the girls being at the bridge? Was it often that they were allowed freedom to roam and hike trails alone for a few hours? Were they expected to be back at their own homes that night? I assume so since they had school on Tuesday but sometimes parents allow their child to stay over at a friends house on school nights if they share the same parenting styles and bedtimes etc. or if one of the families are out of town.

I'm the other way.. I get annoyed with my kids (adults now) when they post pictures of our farm with hubby and I doing chores ect... Its always the day when it has been windy and you look like a crazy old lady! Jeepers ...

(One time I was in the salon getting a pedicure and these teens next to me were taking selfies and posting on snapchat their nails...I had to tell them very firmly pleasaaae do not get me and my funky toes in there, this is my private time...)

Not sure how to reply to post from previous thread on the new thread. Someone said it's weird for Libby I think to not be friends with her mom on fb. My younger brother is not friends with my mom on fb. Moms can be very embarrassing on fb and I feel teens are particularly sensitive to this. ETA: embarrassing = commenting on things profusely and comments fawning over them or critical of what they've posted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Jumping off of this... Another reason that I've seen people in that age range create FB pages with little or no friends (and therefore little use) is to access full features on some game apps. My 13 and 11 year old nephews have FB pages for this sole reason. My sister monitors them routinely and they are never used. In order for my nephews to play against me in certain games they have to be logged on to FB...So they must have a page. I think the older one has friended some of his friends as well as me and his Grandfather. The youngest refuses to friend his brother so I'm his only FB friend last I checked. It could be something as innocent as that.

I could be wrong but imo I believe this to be more of a opportunistic crime. I believe he was there for a unrelated reason saw the girls and decided to strike. I'd be very surprised if he hasn't done this before. Or has been arrested before for crimes of a sexual nature. I also think if he was a local they would have him arrested already. I'm thinking he committed the crimes and got the hell out of Delphi

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

OK - bear with me but I have read about every single comment on every thread and maybe this doesn't mean squat!

The pic of the POI side by side, 2 framed from a video snip shows the POI with 2 footing positions. I don't think anyone has already posted this but...
If the original has a blue/grey stripe on the left side of a frontal view of the photo, I think, too, it's another person walking in front of him (assuming its a him of course). Anyway, I don't think it's a pic that was intended - because his feet change - he pivots. It's like when someone is walking a slower pace in front of you and you have to slightly pivot to move around that person to get ahead.
I don't think that person in front would mean anything to the case. It was just a pic of people. I have a similar aged child and that child takes videos of everything, everywhere. What if, something was found at the scene that made LE look back at all of the footage and LE found that POI? Meaning Libby was a "hero" (and YES she was no doubt), not because they automatically were fearful and deliberately captured the initial pic, but because of what she could have captured during the actual interaction. Perhaps, it was LE that identified the pic from random shots earlier that afternoon; because they had some reason to look for a similar artifact... of course MOO.

Hoping and praying that there is enough to find the person or persons - but that would explain the blue image on the ISP site. Hopefully this post is inline with the ToS.

I joined a few years ago and have never posted until this case. It hits home for me - both because of Indiana and the girls.

I love this site and have respected the legitimacy of comments and theories.

Sorry I can't find a still photo but this video shows that there is nothing of interest beside the perp, IMHO.

[video=youtube;a8xq5KgKHyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8xq5KgKHyE[/video]

This is in response to Ninij9 in the previous thread who wrote:

"Originally Posted by Suglo View Post
Nerissa Knight from Crime Watch Daily reports here on Facebook that Indiana State Police Sgt. Slocum told her "that investigators believe the suspect was also wearing a brown fanny pack around his waist."

https://www.facebook.com/crimewatchd...3647450660042/

I watched the whole thing. Can't find mention of fanny pack at all. I think I have brain fatigue.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk"

She mentions this in a comment on the FaceBook page where the video is posted. Scroll down a few comments. Sorry I didn't reference that earlier and caused confusion.

Parents especially need to stop posting every little thing. I have friends who post pictures of their kids, with the exact location in their photo exif data. I really don't understand why adults are doing this.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

My sister recently got on to her son & DIL, because DIL posts a lot of photos of their little girl on her SM accts & there are ones taken outdoors where you can see the house number, street signs, license plates etc. Not that they aren't good parents, just ppl don't think about these things sometimes.

Credit to Gray Hughes-

Suspect Image Location-Part 1
youtube;ZM5ar0Tvc1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5ar0Tvc1A

Thanks Knox! Very informative, as is Part 2:

[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

ETA: Why did they cross the river? It looks pretty desolate on either side.

Just chiming in here about the geocaching clue that was discussed last night (I had problems with internet sluggishness and wrong password and gave up before I could post). I used to be fairly involved in my local geocaching community and know friends who make it a part time job. There are regular events and opportunities to meet others at state, national, and world events. There are challenges where people will find a cache for 100 or 365 (or more) days straight or log finds in every county in a state or every state in the nation. It's a fairly inexpensive family-friendly hobby whether you have a few minutes or a few days of down time. Several great memories for our family is out caching in unusual places and seeing places we would have never found on our own.

It is not uncommon for a cacher who wants to give to the community to place several caches in an area - they are identifying interesting places within a community as well as providing a service to those who are trying for certain challenges. It did not surprise me that there was a cache in this area because it is an interesting public feature. I would also say not to put too much emphasis on similar names on the log files -- if cachers are in an area they are usually there to find most if not all of them in one day.

(In Jessica's case I always used to say "He's so close I can smell him..." (the perp, that is, and he was close, soooo close, but of couse there was no picture and voice of hIim released as in this case.) Just wondering what some of you locals feel like...do you think he is there, close, hiding in plain sight, or hit the road? Of course this is all speculative but just wondering.)

Not specific to this case but certainly relates to possibilities for RSO crimes :
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/2...-law-banning-sex-offenders-from-facebook.html
Note that the RSO's lawyer talks about how SM makes up so much of our lives. Pointedly, he doesn't mention teens and younger kids. Just adults. Maybe it's time for a sea change in adults' and teens thinking about how and when to use SM.

Some background on the governments burden... when the issue is in regards to a fundamental right or is facially discriminatory, or has a discriminatory effect on a protected class, it is viewed with strict scrutiny. Because this is a facially an attack on the 1st amendment fundamental right of free speech, it will receive strict scrutiny review.

Strict scrutiny review means that the government will have to show the law is narrowly tailored, to serve a compelling government interest, with no more narrow means available.

Is banning all sex offenders from all forms of social media sufficiently narrow? Does the government have a compelling interest in preventing all sex offenders from all forms of social media? Is there any other way the governments interest could be achieved without an all-out ban on all sex offenders on all social media platforms?

The sex offender is likely to win in this case, mark my words. The law is too broad and doesn't sufficiently protect the public, it's easily circumvented. Additionally, a case by case review based on each RSO's behaviors and the public's best interest with regards to that offender, is easily achievable and sufficiently more narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just chiming in on the "g" sound...
i hear "guh down the hill."
i sometimes kind of alter the word "go" by just using the "g" sound and it comes out sounding like "guh."
i'm from the northeast section of the US, if that matters.

I agree that is certainly what it seems to me. It fits with the vernacular of his speech. That is why to be it says go down the hill ("guh or g' down the hill") .

[video=youtube;ZM5ar0Tvc1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5ar0Tvc1A[/video]

Got an ok from Billy. Number 1

I didn't realize that it's the FBI executing the search warrants:

After conducting the search, the Federal Agents determined that the home has no connections to the deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams.
Special Agent Osborne says the FBI is fully committed to this case and the bureau will execute additional search warrants as they deem necessary.

http://fox59.com/2017/02/25/fbi-searches-peru-home-regarding-delphi-homicides-nothing-found/

ISP served the first one.

Number 2

[video=youtube;_TFz4citG68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TFz4citG68[/video]

Sorry I'm late. I took a long nap. This case keeps me up.

I don't think he is as heavy as he appears in the photos
Baggy jeans hoodie and coat over whatever else he has stuffed in there makes him appear stocky or heavy.
I don't think he is.

Jmo

Absolutely impressive. And chilling.

gaah

I really wish I could see this! My wifi is down, so I am on my old clunky first-generation iPad and can't access YouTube.
Looks like WS Knox perhaps embedded them on pages 1&2, but it keeps crashing.
So bummed.

Sorry I can't find a still photo but this video shows that there is nothing of interest beside the perp, IMHO.

[video=youtube;a8xq5KgKHyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8xq5KgKHyE[/video]

That's because the area of interest, to the left, has clearly been blurred out on this still. See how the blurred out area even extends into where the border of the bridge would be? It is obvious digitally blurred out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle