IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

You forgot to mention that RL does not fit the profile of a child murderer.

Someone asked about distances in the last thread, so here we go:

Thank you for the map. On the map it's marked in aqua: path 1162 f. Can you explain to me, is there actually a path to the crime scene?

-
Then past experience tells us RL lies, commits crimes, abuses substances, and threatens or intimidated people. A bad decision waiting to happen.

I would also venture to say that many sexual predators of children are never reported by the victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If RL is the guy, I would expect past offenses for pedophilia, child *advertiser censored*, peeping toms, any type of sex offenses involving children. Without them, I highly doubt he is the guy. Someone does NOT simply wake up one day at age 77 and say, "Hey! I think I'll kidnap, rape and murder two teenage girls!"

No way. People operate on patterns of behavior. The best way to predict future behavior is to look at past behavior.

I'm inclined to agree - if this is the point you're making - that from what we know, RL doesn't have a history of violence or criminal acts against children. To start at 77 is probably unusual. I'm not convinced he's the perp. It may turn out that someone he knows is involved but he was unaware.

Also pointing out that we do not know whether the girls were raped. I personally will not speculate uncle LE gives us info otherwise. Taken from their families and murdered is horrific enough for my old imagination. JMOO

I just signed up and find this site very helpful. I have not read all of the threads, but I thought that the murders took place in the same spot where the victims were found?

It would make no sense to me for a killer to commit murder of two people and then have to physically move the bodies to another spot. Too difficult when time is of the essence. The longer the perp stayed in the area, the higher the chances of him being seen or caught.

Otto
asked me to post a link about bodies being dragged. If you read my post further up this is what you would have read below.

I wonder...if perhaps there are signs of the girls being dragged to where they were found. and...perhaps they would have been taken closer to where they went missing but didn't due to circumstances at the time.
Moo

My second post that you asked for a link is in response to someone responding to the post above. So no link.

Hi,

I am new here. So, sorry if this has been asked before. But, does anyone know why a protective order was filed against R.L. back in 2013? It shows up in a public MyCourts search but few details are available. I know it its usually issued in cases of family violence, sexual violence or stalking. Not saying that RL did any of those things. But, just wondering if another website may have more info available.

You forgot to mention that RL does not fit the profile of a child murderer.

I'm unaware of one particular profile of child murderers. I would be grateful for further education on this.

Ah, great point. Thanks, I should have read more. That makes more sense, then, that they obtained the search warrant (In addition to it just being best probably to avoid any issues in court later if it gets to that point).

It is getting a bit tense in here - it is hard when we all want justice for Abby and Libby but bring our own opinions, experiences, knowledge, biases, etc to the discussion. Let's tread lightly so the thread doesn't get shut down!

Goodnight everyone.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

All great points. I couldn't find anything specific to Indiana and it seems like a contentious point of appeals in the short search I did.
But to the previous points wouldn't a probation violation and possible driving violation give them PC to conduct a search anyway?

I'm inclined to agree - if this is the point you're making - that from what we know, RL doesn't have a history of violence or criminal acts against children. To start at 77 is probably unusual. I'm not convinced he's the perp. It may turn out that someone he knows is involved but he was unaware.

Also pointing out that we do not know whether the girls were raped. I personally will not speculate uncle LE gives us info otherwise. Taken from their families and murdered is horrific enough for my old imagination. JMOO

Yes, if RL has no prior arrests or history of sexual offenses involving children, I highly doubt he is the perpetrator. Being arrested multiple times for DUI and even for violating probation or parole does not make one a killer. From the photo of RL and that of the actual suspected killer, RL looks to be a bit taller than the man in the video still image.

Will somebody please ask what BG stands for....I need a drink.

Hi,

I am new here. So, sorry if this has been asked before. But, does anyone know why a protective order was filed against R.L. back in 2013? It shows up in a public MyCourts search but few details are available. I know it its usually issued in cases of family violence, sexual violence or stalking. Not saying that RL did any of those things. But, just wondering if another website may have more info available.

:welcome: to Webssleuths morena2003!

Thanks for joining the discussion.

I would also venture to say that many sexual predators of children are never reported by the victim.

I am hard pressed to remember a killer that didn't have at least one or two serious red flags in their past. And by red flags, I mean indicators that the suspect is capable of committing violent sexually motivated crimes. Example ... family remembering awkward events, ex partners reporting strange sexual experiences, strange interests/fascinations, *advertiser censored* addiction known by family or partner, etc. Or of course, more straightforwardly, actual convictions or being suspected in past crimes without a conviction.

DUIs and restraining orders do not indicate a sexual predator.

With that being said, I suppose RL could hypothetically have red flags that we are not privy to. But it would seem like, with social media being what it is and the town being so small, there would be rumors of that by now. And to my knowledge there are not.

For all we know, the SW was just a standard procedure in an investigation as intense as this one, perhaps to see if anything on RL's property was overlooked. He just happened to be in jail when it happened. It appears to me he's been very cooperative thus far.

If RL wasn't supposed to be driving and he was caught on the road I think LE would have taken his vehicle on the spot. So maybe while they were searching for something specific to clear or connect him (I can't recall the exact phrase they used) they went ahead and took his truck too. Now it's on an impound lot earning dollars for the city.

Just a thought.

Thank you Tricia for the new thread and keeping us straight. Here's hoping this is the thread where justice is served!

If RL is the guy, I would expect past offenses for pedophilia, child *advertiser censored*, peeping toms, any type of sex offenses involving children. Without them, I highly doubt he is the guy. Someone does NOT simply wake up one day at age 77 and say, "Hey! I think I'll kidnap, rape and murder two teenage girls!"

No way. People operate on patterns of behavior. The best way to predict future behavior is to look at past behavior.

I wish I could agree with you, however this just really is not correct in every case. First, our knowledge of past inappropriate behavior is predicated on being caught and convicted for said behavior. Second, people at ANY AGE can decompensate and/or regress based on both physical and psychological/emotional factors, not to mention brain injury.

I posted in the last thread, that my small town has THREE unsolved homicides. My local LE was not able to make any arrests. We wish we could have had FBI involved...we're still "scared".

I guess I probably shouldn't say this...but, I have zero confidence when it comes to small town LE.

My aunt's clothes that were found with her where she was found, murdered, were "laundered". Local LE (also in Indiana) claimed the state crime lab washed them. The state crime lab told my cousin they didn't have the resources to launder her clothing. I get how you feel.

Thank you for the map. On the map it's marked in aqua: path 1162 f. Can you explain to me, is there actually a path to the crime scene?

This is an alternative path or "route". There is no designated path. However, when you google Monon Highbridge videos, you will find folks wandering that exact path and it is very accessible IMO.

Notice I corrected the compass.

-Nin

pic upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads