IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Libby was wearing sweat pants, not leggings. She was wearing legging in the picture on the missing poster/flyer.
Someone just mentioned how thinking of these two girls and what they went through feels like a punch to the stomach.

I get that. I feel it physically too. Obviously the big picture of this case is scary. But sometimes, a detail strikes me, and it goes to my throat...a lumpy feeling, an old thyroid problem rearing up.

The image of Libby doing a teenager-ish thing like wearing leggins or sweat pants. 😢 The beautiful note one of the family members left for police and their grace in the face of this awfulness. That one crewcut-wearing officer struggling to keep his composure. The grandparents at the press conference. The final picture of Abby. I come here each morning, then after work, and again before bed...usually with visits in between. Hoping for justice for these beautiful girls and their amazing families ASAP.

Been working like a dog, you know tax season..uggh.

Anyone have any cliffnotes on the case. Seems like there was something that happened with LE speaking today.

TIA!

God Bless Abby and Libby and their families. May these sweet youngsters RIP.
:rose::rose:

http://www.wbat.com/episode/tony-slocum/

Here's the radio segment. Worth the 22 minutes.
Does anyone know if there would be a transcript?

I'm glad he's positive but all of that confirms my point. I hope he's right. But I'm not banking on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not either. I just don't think we should refer to him as a PR guy. He's definitely working the case actively. Whether they are close to making an arrest is another matter. We learned today that they have 50-60 POIs, so I'm guessing they are not super close to making an arrest. Time will tell.

Maybe a family member or friend, thus the covering up and trying to decipher alibis. /moo

Someone just mentioned how thinking of these two girls and what they went through feels like a punch to the stomach.

I get that. I feel it physically too. Obviously the big picture of this case is scary. But sometimes, a detail strikes me, and it goes to my throat...a lumpy feeling, an old thyroid problem rearing up.

The image of Libby doing a teenager-ish thing like wearing leggins or sweat pants. 😢 The beautiful note one of the family members left for police and their grace in the face of this awfulness. That one crewcut-wearing officer struggling to keep his composure. The grandparents at the press conference. The final picture of Abby. I come here each morning, then after work, and again before bed...usually with visits in between. Hoping for justice for these beautiful girls and their amazing families ASAP.
What's so sad is when they left that day from home and told family bye, they expected to see each other again for dinner. Never in million years did they ever think this... sick sick sick... I think everyone is shaken and gets a little sickly about it. Because most of us have children. [emoji120]

I would beg to differ a bit on the location description. Approach it with all logic. Do a google map search and see for yourself. The location, while not "creepy" per se, IS in fact isolated. We have hiked the trails in Delphi. I don't know how to say this without sounding judgemental, but it's very much a blue collar area. I know that most folks, there, are hard working, good people (central IN is on the cusp of the bible belt; LOTS of God fearing people here with solid hoosier hospitality in them), but there's also a notable "element", more obvious in some IN towns than others. We feel the need to be cautious when hiking, and aware of our surroundings. Even some of the trails that are closer to town end up further isolated as you continue on them. My impression, from time spent hiking there, is that it IS isolated, and while a natural (meaning in nature) setting, it's also a vulnerable and somewhat isolated setting, too. The trails are obviously much more heavily traveled in summer, so the time of year only adds to the risk. FWIW.

I've thought the same since looking at the available evidence and photo/video work of GrayHuze. I believe the crime was committed in the time between the girls being dropped off and the time they were supposed to be picked up, and that it was committed right after they exited the bridge, and the suspect(s) left immediately. I have several questions, such as, COD, whether or not this was a sexually motivated crime or something else? Could one of the girls have been pushed off the bridge? So many questions that can quickly lead to assumptions with what little info LE is willing to release. Let's all hope/pray this is resolved quickly and completely. I cannot imagine what the families are experiencing,
Don't want to be insensitive to potential family members, but if someone fell or were pushed off a high bridge, they (and their friend) would have made some very loud noises. It's something that your autonomic nervous system just "does" in some situations, not a voluntary thing. And since no one heard anything, it makes it less likely that a fall off the bridge was involved. JMO.

I understand the fear. I really do. I've chosen a career that exposes me to horrific crimes all day long. It is hard to turn the alarm off in my brain. I'm constantly looking for danger and find myself being skeptical of most people. It is hard for me to trust anyone with my children.

That said, statistically my children are more likely to be harmed by riding in a car than being abducted and murdered. While we may hear more about crime today than we did in past decades, statistically violent crime is down. When we are personally impacted by violent crime, the fear is even greater. That impact can be from reading about cases here, seeing them on tv, living in the same town, knowing the victim, or being a victim yourself. Naturally that increases our hypervigilance but that doesn't mean statistically speaking the threat is that real/ likely. Perceived threat and real threat lead to the same response in our brain but doesn't mean we are actually in high risk danger.

I have to remind myself of those stats when reading cases here or after rough cases at work. When my hypervigilance kicks into overdrive or I have nightmares, I know it's time for some self care. Hth.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thank you for this post. So many times people say "it was a different time back then" - when I grew up we did things and went places no parent would ever let their child do now. Even though statistically it is safer now. The world was different in the past, we didn't have the type of media and awareness that we have now, but we are safer, not more in danger.

a white bicycle helmet? they have rib like structures and lots of air openings.
I am one who has seen the skull. It is like the Outlaws skull but I looked for a various with the piston "crossbones" and couldn't find one. Maybe his jacket is covering them up. Once you see the Outlaws skull you almost can't unsee it.

Not sure if you are misunderstanding me, lol. I wasn't sleuthing the grandfather. I was asking about the cellphone pinging, lol. I don't understand if the cellphone was pinging because they were walking all over the place in the forest and / or if the suspect took them somewhere after the bridge and that's what the mean by pinging

I just wanted insight if anyone could decipher what the wording meant. I also have no idea what his name is so I said grandfather. I am terrible with remembering names correctly.

It's impossible to know what he meant by her phone pinging. But many folks have an app for theirs and their kids' phones that helps them keep track of her whereabouts by the GPS on her phone which is pretty accurate if you have a good signal, if so then we could take it to mean she and/or her phone was on the move in various parts of town, I think in a vehicle. I guess I have in mind the classic SK van. JMO.

_

From published reports, they started the search at 11:45 am on the 14th. The girls were found at 12:15 pm.

That's 30 minutes! That has to be a record.

And with RL saying every chance he gets how hard it is to get to and move in that area, it makes it even more perplexing.

-

I am finally caught up here and want to thank you all for some really wonderful insight and ideas today. It seems as if the thread has remained focused and everyone is being super considerate. As I've said before, I am new here, but I value the opinions and theories offered by all of you Sleuthers! Thank you to the Owners and Mods for doing an amazing job as well!

I pray that justice is within reach for precious Libby and Abby!! Just remember why we are all here! ❤

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes but hopefully soon all he'll have to read is what is in the prison library !This was for Floridian who said she felt like he was reading what we were posting but I think it got deleted.
I missed that. No surprise...it's not like things move slowly here. I can barely keep up.

I love your username. Perhaps St. Anthony could help us find this guy.

Mini rant in 3, 2, 1:

I wish we could help more and knew what L.E. knows.

I wish there was a checklist of the last 100 or so child killers so we could identify the probability that the victim knew the killer, how far away they lived, how old they were. What their police record was etc. These could be used to statistically narrow down the killer.

I wish we were celebrating the arrest and conviction of the BG. And celebrating the bravery of these girls in helping catch him.

End of rant

The closest report I can get to understanding the mind of a person who abducts and kills a child comes from an old report from the Washington State's Attorney General:

http://www.atg.wa.gov/child-abduction-murder-research
http://agportal-s3bucket.s3.amazona...)/Child_Abduction_Murder_Research/CMIIPDF.pdf

First published in 1997 the report was updated in 2006. It doesn't provide a profile of child murderers, rather it chronicles what actually happened in these cases.

Some key findings from the report (first link):

- In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.
- In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.
- Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.
- Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.
- The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.
- In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.
- In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

I wish that there would be another update - since then there have been many more cases and it would be helpful to see if anything has changed. But until then it's quite an eye-opening report and is one of my goto papers for helping me to understand child abduction murders.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the findings apply to the murders of Abby and Libby once someone is arrested. On a personal note, I'm not very good at speculating scenarios until a substantial amount of information is known so I've not had any strong opinions on the photo or much else but I really appreciate reading what other members have to say. So thanks y'all. :loveyou:

Just some thoughts of mine, BG possibly seemed over dressed because he road a motorcycle.
BG parked at Cemetery and walked the path from that direction.
Perhaps the girls where on the bridge sitting at last platform and that drew BGs attention. He came uphill creepy walks past, maybe says something inappropriate. Libby gets phone out for picture has BG turns around ready to make his move once he seems bridge is clear. Libby puts phone in pocket as crime happens. If any of the rumors are true Libby articles were not touched and the perp never saw or knew there was a phone. All just my thoughts and speculations... as a side question has RLs son made any public statements as his Ex wife has??

Looking at the image in the way it was done makes it more obvious to me that what is on the front of suspects left leg was intentionally blurred/pixilated before release. Jmo
I totally agree. I have stared at that picture and that upper thigh area looks brushed moo

Re: posts on blurring of thigh of BG on photo

Kinda defeats the purpose of identifying the bloke.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member