IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may have to put house up for sale or rent, do any number of things if he is looking at a couple of years. How difficult not to know in advance, for anyone. Especially since he seems to be on his in the area. That could put a big burden on relatives if he simply does not go home at all until released for good.

I worry in advance about what my poor sisters or nieces may have to do on my behalf when I die, none of them live in the same state I live in. I am in my fifties but find myself weeding out my possessions all the time, just in case. (Also because I visit a much older woman who has no one in-state and her house is huge and packed stem to stern with stuff. Gives me nightmares, I rush home to my little apartment and throw more stuff away.)

All these point to the possibility(IMO) of a serious addiction issue. Addicts tend to be delusional. Addiction is often comorbid with mental illness, which can also cause delusional behavior. My inference(again...IMO) is that this more a medical condition we are learning about than a criminal one. In other words, the criminality is a symptom of a medical condition which he may or may not have been treated for in the past, but which, obviously, is still in serious need of treatment. No amount of jail time, fines, etc, will take that away. Until treatment has been successful, a person with this type of record will likely continue to stay stuck in this cycle.
If you'd been caught not once, not twice, but three times...would you still do it?? If you were caught on parole violations twice, would you still drive on suspended or revoked license? If you were ordered into alcohol and mental health counseling by a judge, would you disregard it?

No because the "trip to Lafayette, IN" wasn't part of the PV that was discussed today in court.

Perhaps that trip fell under the plea deal, i.e obstruction, if he failed to tell LE about it the first time they asked?

So, two of the three PV allegations against RL were dropped, he admitted to driving to the transfer station, was given bail of $5,000 and has another hearing next week.

Is there a bonding company in Delphi? I hope he doesn't have to wait for the bondsman to come from another city and delay his release any longer than necessary and that the paperwork is completed before the dang courthouse closes.

I sure hope RL's friends have the cash in hand to secure a bond so he can go home and see his animals, (surely his neighbor was feeding his fish) sleep in his own bed and eat a good meal.

He needs to have one of those toxilyzers (sp?) installed in his truck so that he can't operate it after drinking but can still run errands and socialize when sober.

I hope that if he receives a sentence for driving to the transfer station, it will be for time served. IMHO he has already spent too much time in jail for such a minor offense.

Can we all just leave him alone now?

One reason I'm here in Canada. After my husband's death, I promised to tend to his beloved mum. She has no one else, but me. Everyone else is dead. I'll keep my promise and moved to another country to do so. Not everyone has that. :( She doesn't know who I am half the time, but that's okay. IF I get kicked out of Canada, she's going with me.

He may have to put house up for sale or rent, do any number of things if he is looking at a couple of hears. How difficult not to know in advance, for anyone. Especially since he seems to be on his in the area. That could put a big burden on relatives if he simply does not go home at all until released for good.

I worry in advance about what my poor sisters or nieces may have to do on my behalf when I die, none of them live in the same state I live in. I am in my fifties but find myself weeding out my possessions all the time, just in case. (Also because I visit a much older woman who has no one in-state and her house is huge and packed stem to stern with stuff. Gives me nightmares, I rush home to my little apartment and throw more stuff away.)

home again for a few years.

This may be more incriminating than exculpating... His alibi would be completely blown if his road trip "happened hours before the two girls were dropped off", no?

NO. They are referencing the trip to the transfer station.

Let me correct my earlier post abut DOC and level6 felonies. To go to DOC (state prison) your earliest release date has to be at least 366 days from date of sentencing (remember you get 2 for 1 credit so if you are sentenced to a year your ERD is 6 months out). Unless you are sentenced on a VOP that resulted from committing a new offense.

All these point to the possibility(IMO) of a serious addiction issue. Addicts tend to be delusional. Addiction is often comorbid with mental illness, which can also cause delusional behavior. My inference(again...IMO) is that this more a medical condition we are learning about than a criminal one. In other words, the criminality is a symptom of a medical condition which he may or may not have been treated for in the past, but which, obviously, is still in serious need of treatment. No amount of jail time, fines, etc, will take that away. Until treatment has been successful, a person with this type of record will likely continue to stay stuck in this cycle.

Depression may be one of the illnesses he is using alcohol to self medicate. Jmo

So, two of the three PV allegations against RL were dropped, he admitted to driving to the transfer station, was given bail of $5,000 and has another hearing next week.

Is there a bonding company in Delphi? I hope he doesn't have to wait for the bondsman to come from another city and delay his release any longer than necessary and that the paperwork is completed before the dang courthouse closes.

I sure hope RL's friends have the cash in hand to secure a bond so he can go home and see his animals, (surely his neighbor was feeding his fish) sleep in his own bed and eat a good meal.

He needs to have one of those toxilyzers (sp?) installed in his truck so that he can't operate it after drinking but can still run errands and socialize when sober.

I hope that if he receives a sentence for driving to the transfer station, it will be for time served. IMHO he has already spent too much time in jail for such a minor offense.

I thought that PV mentioned he was not to have access to a vehicle?

Is it possible that whomever did the paperwork at the courthouse got it wrong (clerical error) and he is being held without bond? Two news sources are reporting no bond

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Local media here is worthless. If this was NYC we'd know the cause of death, every detail about how the bodies were found, and a list of suspects and LE theories.
Nothing compares to NYC.
:blushing:

Thank you so much for this!! IMO, so many of us were hoping and waiting for "results" of the hearing. Although many reports have been issued, I take nothing as FACT until LE gives a PC.

[emoji307]Justice for Libby and Abby [emoji307]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You are most welcome :). I don't take anything as confirmed fact unless LE states it either. I have seen numerous times on many cases where MSM misquotes LE. I don't think it is intentional in most cases but instead just the telephone game at work.

Was not aware. Thank you. This is good, IMO, as folks who are simply incarcerated due to addiction, marijuana charges, etc, should never(IMO) be locked up with rapists/murders/etc, as they have been in the past. Glad to hear that policy is changing.
Recent statutory/policy change. Level 6 felonies don't go to DOC.

His first conviction did had no driving. The second one had more piled on top and it ran consecutively ... as stated in the records.

I thought that PV mentioned he was not to have access to a vehicle?

You are most welcome :). I don't take anything as confirmed fact unless LE states it either. I have seen numerous times on many cases where MSM misquotes LE. I don't think it is intentional in most cases but instead just the telephone game at work.

I'm sure MSM rushed to get the story out too. Haste makes waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new to this case.44 threads!!WOW
Can someone tell me where they found Liberty's phone?
Thank you

Bravo, excellent post. IMHO, it was really off-putting to read all the innuendo about him on this site. Far fetched ideas, creative stories, "sleuthing" ad nauseum on the word "pristine." Agreed, leave him alone. Focus should be on the fact that LE has no clue who BG is. This is all just so sad.

And for a lot of people reading here ... there by the Grace of God go I. Meaning ... how many people have had a couple of drinks out with friends and then drove home? I have. I didn't get caught. Happens across the world daily. Not right, but it happens. Some get caught and others don't. IMO. (I've also drove over the speed limit and didn't get a ticket)... true confessions with ME. lol
I would never, ever drink and drive.
Ever. Never. Never.
Lost two friends.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I hold my hand for those counts also. As a twenty some person I did these also. Also had license suspended because I couldn't pay a fine for a ticket (faulty equipment) ...yes I drove anyway couldn't afford to pay ticket sure couldn't afford to loose my job.( had to be there to save money to pay ticket)...so for all of you saying he did wrong ...I would say look back I your past...bet you find yourself there in some form also!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]
You're not alone in company on this. Im in my 30s and I've done some things I deeply regret and giving the chance I would do them different. Doesn't mean I condone what he did but I certainly understand it. Always better to be able to put yourself in someone else's shoes. I just hope if he makes bond he's not in danger at his house. Because it could be a bad situation IMO and create more work for LE which would delay justice for the girls'😢

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member