IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #44

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused..I just listen to a news reporter say that the voice saying "down the hill" was found on her phone.
They just didn't say where her phone was found,that is why I asked where her phone was found.Hmm

He is not innocent of the charges brought against him. It's on him that his name has been in the media, nobody else.

That said if this is all he is guilty of I hope that give him an ankle bracelet and force him to stay home due to his age.

He is in innocent of the murders I think that poster meant.

Driving charges are irrelevant.

It's not on him that he gets dragged through the mud! He was saying how bad he felt for the girls in interviews and showing his land to journalists. He was giving all sleuthers information.

He could bond out on today's charges and then immediately be arrested again on any new charges. Not out of woods yet imo. Sorry for pun!
What happened to the access to vehicle charge?

Anyone know how long it takes before a crime scene is released back to the owner where this type of crime took place? TIA
[something I have never thought about as in the movies the time is all over the place]

The search warrant on his property doesn't have anything to do with the charges he was in court today for is it?

If he post bail won't he be able to go home?

Wouldn't any testing that was done on what ever LE was looking for have given LE results by now?

Seems if anything was found they would have presented new charges. Jmo

That is what seems most logical to me, If they had anything on him they would have made sure charges were filed to keep him in jail. Not sure how one can interpret it other than RL has zero involvement.

Anyone know how long it takes before a crime scene is released back to the owner where this type of crime took place? TIA
[something I have never thought about as in the movies the time is all over the place]

In this case it was released late Wednesday, IIRC. RL showed news crews around on Thursday. MOO

The search warrant on his property doesn't have anything to do with the charges he was in court today for is it?

If he post bail won't he be able to go home?

Wouldn't any testing that was done on what ever LE was looking for have given LE results by now?

Seems if anything was found they would have presented new charges. Jmo

I agree. They would charge him if they had anything, at this point, before he was released. Or before he was granted bond.

Maybe we could get a lawyer to address this?

I was under the impression bail would have to be set in keeping with the probation charge only and that it wouldn't be standard to hike his bail for another possible crime while it was unproven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not standard to hike bail for another, alleged crime but it does happen.

Sometimes when FBI is involved or if it turns out there are 2 suspects and they did other crimes that crossed state lines like a SK offense. This is just my opinion and maybe Gitana can advise us. This was in response to what causes a case to require federal charges.

I don't see any evidence of any federal crimes. And no reason the feds would charge a suspect even if there was something that technically allowed for federal charges as long as there were more viable, chargeable state offenses.

And for a lot of people reading here ... there by the Grace of God go I. Meaning ... how many people have had a couple of drinks out with friends and then drove home? I have. I didn't get caught. Happens across the world daily. Not right, but it happens. Some get caught and others don't. IMO. (I've also drove over the speed limit and didn't get a ticket)... true confessions with ME. lol

I hold my hand for those counts also. As a twenty some person I did these also. Also had license suspended because I couldn't pay a fine for a ticket (faulty equipment) ...yes I drove anyway couldn't afford to pay ticket sure couldn't afford to loose my job.( had to be there to save money to pay ticket)...so for all of you saying he did wrong ...I would say look back I your past...bet you find yourself there in some form also!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

Let's be super clear about this. I know people want to cast RL as a kindly, befuddled grandpa who made a small mistake but the reality is he wasn't 20. These are multiple counts of drinking and driving on various occasions when he was an adult, just a few years ago.

And he did it repeatedly, even after having been caught and arrested.

Normal, responsible, mature adults who do not have serious alcohol problems don;t continually break the law in that manner, after getting caught once. And frankly, it is extremely rare for a person to get caught the only time they drive drunk. It's impossible that he got caught several times and doesn't have a serious problem.

Please ask MADD if this man is just a sweet old guy who made a small error.

Regardless, none of this is related the murder of the girls, but posts keep trying to almost cast this guy as an angel who is being crucified by the law and any who are defending the investigation and i think that goes a bit far.

In response to this and earlier posts suggesting RL in shackles as excessive, I believe this is standard procedure for most of our counties in Indiana.

When I received my OWI, it was my first and only violation of the law. It was a Class D Misdemeanor....very low on the totem pole of offenses IMO. I'm not a violent person nor was this a violent offense.

*BUT, when I was taken to court, I was led down the street (about 2 blocks) from the jail to the courthouse in handcuffs and leg shackles...while also shackled in a line to about 15 other women.

It was BEYOND humiliating...but I broke the law. AND I LEARNED MY LESSON. [emoji57] I shutter just recalling my experience #3yearsofsobriety#

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

One reason I'm here in Canada. After my husband's death, I promised to tend to his beloved mum. She has no one else, but me. Everyone else is dead. I'll keep my promise and moved to another country to do so. Not everyone has that. :( She doesn't know who I am half the time, but that's okay. IF I get kicked out of Canada, she's going with me.

❤️❤️❤️ The world needs more people like you!

No because the "trip to Lafayette, IN" wasn't part of the PV that was discussed today in court.
Neither were the times the girls were dropped off, presumably, so it would be a mistake to attribute that statement specifically to what was discussed today in court. Furthermore, a run to the dump is not what I'd refer to as a "road trip."

I felt certain that if RL got bond today LE would make a clear statement that he is not suspected of wrongdoing in the girls murders. If this is the case, imo they should make it known for his safety.

I think LE did the best they could do by stating RL is not a suspect. Depending on whether or not all forensic testing regarding the execution of the probable cause search warrant at his residence has been completed, they may need to keep things just as they are and go no further than stating he is not a suspect. They may never come out at publicly state that RL had nothing to do with the murders until or unless the murderer(s) is apprehended. I sure hope justice is one day served for those lovely girls and for all who loved them.

Yes. We have still shots of a video "from her phone" and an audio "from her phone" and a snapchat of Abby "from her phone" from 7 hours before. We have no clue IF they have her actual phone or it was sent to cloud or something similar. We don't know. LE hasn't said.

Go to page 1 and click to catch up..... *Media Maps & Timelines*

They either have no idea who did this, or have some idea and not a bit of evidence. Damn it anyhow.

Disagree. Surprise!!:thinking:
Why do you disagree? Do you not believe clerical errors happen or that they happen more frequently than we would hope?

I use this resource on a regular basis...maybe should have included IMOO.

Just asking why you disagree...no snark intended [emoji4]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That is what seems most logical to me, If they had anything on him they would have made sure charges were filed to keep him in jail. Not sure how I can interpret it other than RL has zero involvement.

The other interpretation is that they just don't have the evidence. A lack of evidence clearly doesn't mean a person is innocent. It just means they don't have evidence.

But frankly, if they don't now - and I am certain they'd have crucial DNA evidence back by now if they have any - I don't think they will.

Yet, they claim they are working steadily ahead and will get there so hopefully they will solve the crime and catch whoever is responsible. We have had far too many cases where there's no resolution. And evil remains free.

I agree. They would charge him if they had anything, at this point, before he was released. Or before he was granted bond.

It's not standard to hike bail for another, alleged crime but it does happen.

I don't see any evidence of any federal crimes. And no reason the feds would charge a suspect even if there was something that technically allowed for federal charges as long as there were more viable, chargeable state offenses.

Let's be super clear about this. I know people want to cast RL as a kindly, befuddled grandpa who made a small mistake but the reality is he wasn't 20. These are multiple counts of drinking and driving on various occasions when he was an adult, just a few years ago.

Normal, responsible, mature adults who do not have serious alcohol problems don;t continually break the law in that manner, after getting caught once. And frankly, it is extremely rare for a person to get caught the only time they drive drunk. It's impossible that he got caught several times and doesn't have a serious problem.

Regardless, none of this is related the murder of the girls, but posts keep trying to almost cast this guy as an angel who is being crucified by the law and any who are defending the investigation and i think that goes a bit far.
I agree RL is not an angel, Gitana, but his alcohol issues should not be what this thread is about. It was, I thought, supposed to be about determining the identity of BG, who LE says is their suspect.

If people still believe RL was involved in the murders, that's one thing, but post after post about nothing more than his drinking is also a bit much, IMO.

I don't think people should drink and drive but I don't think that my opinion on that is relevant to the murders.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Well said. He's probably had all the breaks he's going to get wrt the DUIs.

In this case it was released late Wednesday, IIRC. RL showed news crews around on Thursday. MOO

Apologies Jax...didn't make myself very clear.

I mean like the PO house and buildings after the SW...if LE believed that the crime took place there. Not the place/day they found the girls.

The other interpretation is that they just don't have the evidence. A lack of evidence clearly doesn't mean a person is innocent. It just means they don't have evidence.

But frankly, if they don't now - and I am certain they'd have crucial DNA evidence back by now if they have any - I don't think they will.

Yet, they claim they are working steadily ahead and will get there so hopefully they will solve the crime and catch whoever is responsible. We have had far too many cases where there's no resolution. And evil remains free.

Curious G. What do you think the chances are that the one media source is right and he didn't get bond and the state site is wrong? Know you won't know for sure, just interested in the odds.

Doesn't happen. Look at the Sierra Lamar case. LE/FBI left her mom, her mom's boyfriend and her dad out there with horrible, terrible SM accusations, etc. and it stayed that way until they arrested Mr. Torres for her murder. He'd been under surveillance for weeks and weeks and LE left them to the horror of SM and all the accusations. Same thing with the Holly Bobo case. I could name more. I was a lurker her for a long time, but following along now with the SL case trial now by tweet. It's maddening.

LE has no obligation to clear anyone and generally don't. IMO.

I felt certain that if RL got bond today LE would make a clear statement that he is not suspected of wrongdoing in the girls murders. If this is the case, imo they should make it known for his safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indigomari