IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered this same thing. Why was this info kept confidential? Maybe because they did not want the immediate community to focus on DG because of his criminal record..partly to protect him and partly to get the public focus in identifying BG?moo..

JMO I think every person that was in that area that afternoon is a POI or a suspect.. I feel they just decided to keep this info to themselves...

He called Libby at 3:11 and 3:15 and yes, was at the bridge by 3:30p. It took this long to find out who was to pick them up and that a 70-ish man reportedly told DG that he saw a couple under the bridge. It would be useful (perhaps) to know when the man saw the couple and on which bank of the river - at least for me - as I wonder if perhaps the couple was BG and one of the girls.
I also wondered whether BG and one of the girls could have been under the bridge. However, I am pretty sure that all people had come forward except BG which was why he became a suspect IIRC.

I'm getting up to speed on this case, so if this next has already been discussed, I apologize---

But February 13 was a Monday. I know the girls had the day off from school, but this guy couldn't have a regular 9-5 job if he's out lurking on hiking trails in the middle of the day. This wasn't lunch time, it was smack dab during normal working hours. If this guy is on that trail that day, he may have been on that trail for many days. And that trail goes all over Delphi. He could have picked it up at any number of locations. I'm sure LE has looked into this, but someone must have seen him on another day as well. As in, he probably frequented that park for some time before he happened on these girls.

Delphi is not far from the Illinois border. But it's deep enough into the state, that it wouldn't be a spot that you would just happen on if you were traveling through. This guy is probably somewhat local. But maybe transient.

I think it's interesting that he's out, perhaps stalking victims on a Monday. I wonder if there have been other crimes like this on hiking trails in regions close by, even Illinois. Hiking trail killer Gary Michael Hilton traveled around. And though his object was financial gain, these hiking trail stalkers often jump for local to local, seeking victims of opportunity. They look nondescript,

I don't think for a minute that Molly Bish's abductor is the same as Abigail and Libby's killer. But look how ordinary both suspects look. They could be almost anyone.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Libby Abigail Molly.jpg
    Libby Abigail Molly.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 705
I'm getting up to speed on this case, so if this next has already been discussed, I apologize---

But February 13 was a Monday. I know the girls had the day off from school, but this guy couldn't have a regular 9-5 job if he's out lurking on hiking trails in the middle of the day. This wasn't lunch time, it was smack dab during normal working hours. If this guy is on that trail that day, he may have been on that trail for many days. And that trail goes all over Delphi. He could have picked it up at any number of locations. I'm sure LE has looked into this, but someone must have seen him on another day as well. As in, he probably frequented that park for some time before he happened on these girls.

Delphi is not far from the Illinois border. But it's deep enough into the state, that it wouldn't be a spot that you would just happen on if you were traveling through. This guy is probably somewhat local. But maybe transient.

I think it's interesting that he's out, perhaps stalking victims on a Monday. I wonder if there have been other crimes like this on hiking trails in regions close by, even Illinois. Hiking trail killer Gary Michael Hilton traveled around. And though his object was financial gain, these hiking trail stalkers often jump for local to local, seeking victims of opportunity. They look nondescript,

I don't think for a minute that Molly Bish's abductor is the same as Abigail and Libby's killer. But look how ordinary both suspects look. They could be almost anyone.

attachment.php
Feb 13th was an Illinois state holiday for Lincoln's birthday so BG being a worker from Illinois with a day off is a possibility IMO.

Feb 13th was an Illinois state holiday for Lincoln's birthday so BG being a worker from Illinois with a day off is a possibility IMO.

That's interesting. It's a state holiday in Illinois, but not in Indiana.

I lived near where Molly Bish was abducted, right at the time she was abducted, and the situation was somewhat similar---in that---the guy had been scoping out the area the day prior (he was spotted); the area was one you would have to know a little, to even know it existed (it was way off the main street of the town), yet the guy couldn't have been too local, because he would have been recognized. It was a very, very small town. And the only way to get to it was route 9, which was a local route.

Maybe this guy stalks trails on days he knows there will be little foot traffic, but frequently changes jurisdictions in order to make it difficult for LE to connect the dots. He may not have been out to kill anyone. It's possible that he either robs or molests as his usual MO, and something just went wrong in this case. Maybe the girls made a lot of noise, and he panicked.

RE: Whether they had the actual phone or not. I found this 'buried' news clip from April 27, 2017. I don't recall seeing it shared, if a rerun I apologize.You have to FF to the 1:34 mark as there is an unrelated story at the beginning of the video.

Great spotting that. I could only read "...traKit & TD2". The software kit they showed looked like it was copying SMS attachments and browser cache files off the SD or SIM card.

Edit: Note, they said they were using a different phone for demonstration purposes, as the investigation was ongoing. So it wasn't her actual phone, but they did demonstrate what they were doing as something done using the phone, and not a remote website.

Hello All, Thread #65 is ready for you. Please begin to move on over. This one will close in 10 minutes.

952am not replying mark my spot, trying to reply to 'toomuchsadness', and won't let me. I thought 10 minutes?!

Do you know any similar places where you live? I can think of quite a few, two within walking distance, in suburbia. I think they are everywhere there is open land and probably many places in very built up areas as well. I imagine all it takes is to go to a random new place and spend a few days working it out. Think Israel Keyes, the railway rapists in the UK in the 80s - they enjoy the reconnaissance. Drive into a town, look at a map, spend a day or two to walk around a few likely spots, get the lay of the land, plot your escapes, survey who walks by to know if a suitable victim will present when you are ready. If you go random with that first selection of a town, the meaningfulness of the location and time and victims with regards to the murderer is vastly reduced. He is there because every town has a place suitable, and every town has vulnerable girls and women going about their business, exercising outside or walking from place to place.

I hope this is wrong and he has links to the place, because unless he commits this sort of crime again and stuffs up, I am not liking their chances. I had no idea they released the image so soon after the girls were found. I can only imagine how confident this would have had them, and six months later, how worn out they must be.

I totally get all of that and agree to the possibility. That's why I felt differently for a long time. I now view that as less likely, however, than the possibility of someone operating in or near their comfort zone. So efficient, so "lucky," so quick -- it just seems unlikelier to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member