IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the above link:
On February 15, Indiana State Police released a photo taken from Libby’s cell phone that depicted a man walking along the tracks.

JMO...
I'm taking that to mean they have her actual phone.
JMO.

I believe they just meant "taken" as in "taking a photo," rather than "obtained" [from her cell phone]. LE has clearly declined to acknowledge whether or not they have the actual phone. Jmo

Agreed, LE, each person, may have differing ideas/opinions as related to what they are viewing, just like we do here. Lord knows it's been hard getting any kind of consensus even here. (It's a bird it's a plane it's a panda).

Agreed. But this is precisely why the hat bothers me!!! They weren't going for generic "let's throw a hat on him", IMO. I think most if not all would agree with me that if someone said "call out the name of the most generic style of hat you can think of", we all would say baseball hat, right? Baseball caps are GENERIC. They are the most common hat, by far, again IMO of course. Their choice to use that particular hat sent us off the deep end, would we have been discussing it had they went with a baseball cap? I really don't think so, honestly. So I struggle to look past the hat choice...for a reason. Also in the photo to me it actually looked like he had on a baseball style hat anyways (which can have flaps). Sigh. That blankity blank blank hat. Wahhhhhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any knowledge of what the oil and gas industry is like in Indiana? Would a worker go to remote parts of the state for drilling for long periods possibly at short notice? BG looks like a blue collar guy that works outdoors a lot possibly in an industry like an oil refinery or he is involved in construction either roads, commercial or residential.

I agree, I think he works outdoors or semi-outdoors like a warehouse. I was also thinking today, perhaps a utility installer. Telephone, internet, gas, electric.

Liberty's family have launched the 1 minute campaign. Please share on your social media if possible.

"DELPHI, Ind. -- One minute; sixty seconds: It's a fraction of a 24-hour day, and an even smaller part of a week, a month, a year or a life.

And to find justice for two lives that ended too soon, all it takes is 1 minute.

The families of murdered Delphi teens Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, ask you to give their girls that minute of your time to help find their killer.

Take 30 seconds of that minute to look at the photo and listen to the audio below. Take the next 30 seconds to think: Do you recognize this man? Do you recognize this voice?"

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/delphi-daughters-take-1-minute-for-justice

IMG_0070.jpg

Voice of male who may be involved at link http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

Agreed. But this is precisely why the hat bothers me!!! They weren't going for generic "let's throw a hat on him", IMO. I think most if not all would agree with me that if someone said "call out the name of the most generic style of hat you can think of", we all would say baseball hat, right? Baseball caps are GENERIC. They are the most common hat, by far, again IMO of course. Their choice to use that particular hat sent us off the deep end, would we have been discussing it had they went with a baseball cap? I really don't think so, honestly. So I struggle to look past the hat choice...for a reason. Also in the photo to me it actually looked like he had on a baseball style hat anyways (which can have flaps). Sigh. That blankity blank blank hat. Wahhhhhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two comments: First, one of GH's videos contains a brief discussion of the hat and I was pretty p ersuaded based on zoom and enlargement frames that it is a bill and ear flap hat (whatever they're called). Second, I think the sketch, and I agree that every tiny thing in it was calculated carefully and not an afterthought, was released with this hat exactly for the reasons LE stated, and I feel like the goal was to highlight specific features about his upper face that necessarily would have been obscured by a faithful rendering of the hat, and were deemed valuable identification clues? Maybe the furry looking ear area, maybe what seems to be quite an emphasis on very dark or deep orbital areas, or the seemingly strong dark eyebrows? Or equally possible, maybe they just wanted to show as much face as they could for possible witnesses to saw him without a hat. After all, unless he's an absolute idiot, he won't have worn that hat in his "normal" life before or after the killings.

With due respect. GH stated it was 3:00pm when DG* went to pick them up, not 3:30pm. We don't want to lose the few specifics we have by being careless, as I was when I put BH instead of GH and did some bad basic math.

Just trying to keep things straight. :laughing:
He arrived at the bridge at 3.30, at the parking area at 3.14. right? My point was it took 6 months (5 months and 29 days) to get this info that was all.

Does anyone have any knowledge of what the oil and gas industry is like in Indiana? Would a worker go to remote parts of the state for drilling for long periods possibly at short notice? BG looks like a blue collar guy that works outdoors a lot possibly in an industry like an oil refinery or he is involved in construction either roads, commercial or residential.

Based upon a mere glance at the gas industry in Indiana, I'd say it's all but done for, really. It petered out in the late 1800's, due to incompetence among the managers and owners involved, IMHO.

That said, there still is a gas industry, here, and there is a military base in Peru which attracts contractors. I met a USAF contractor many years ago, who would travel from base to base doing electrical work and whatnot. He worked out towards the East Coast, and back this way (Midwest).

I won't pick on the base, but I will say there are private and federal entities which employ a lot of traveling contractors, in both IN and IL, within a short driving distance of Delphi.

I happen to be a contractor for a major company in Lafayette, and am one of many from outside the state of Indiana, originally or transplants, who work there regularly or on occasion.

BG could very well be from outside of the general area, in fact I've leaned towards that since the beginning.

JMO

After 6 months, what increasingly creeps me out is geography. Realizing how legit remote and relatively difficult to access that area is. I originally thought and posted that it didnt matter, any killer could have randomly googled "hiking trails", etc., blah, blah, blah.

Two months later, after viewing google earth, drone, and lots of others locational data, I have completely changed my mind. Sure, it is possible that a dude from BFE randomly ended up there, or googled and then selected this area and got "lucky" in finding victims. But I don't find it plausible anymore. That sh** is out of the way, for real, and the seemingly swift and expert way the perp navigated throughout the crime gives me chills.

Based upon a mere glance at the gas industry in Indiana, I'd say it's all but done for, really. It petered out in the late 1800's, due to incompetence among the managers and owners involved, IMHO.

That said, there still is a gas industry, here, and there is a military base in Peru which attracts contractors. I met a USAF contractor many years ago, who would travel from base to base doing electrical work and whatnot.

I wont pick on the base, but I will say there are private and federal entities which employ a lot of traveling contractors, in both IN and IL, within a short driving distance of Delphi.

I happen to be a contractor for a major company in Lafayette, and am one of many from outside the state of Indiana, originally or transplants, who work there regularly or on occasion.

BG could very well be from outside of the general area, in fact I've leaned towards that since the beginning.

JMO

Thank you for taking the time to post your knowledge and experience it is appreciated.

After 6 months, what increasingly creeps me out is geography. Realizing how legit remote and relatively difficult to access that area is. I originally thought and posted that it didnt matter, any killer could have randomly googled "hiking trails", etc., blah, blah, blah.

Two months later, after viewing google earth, drone, and lots of others locational data, I have completely changed my mind. Sure, it is possible that a dude from BFE randomly ended up there, or googled and then selected this area and got "lucky" in finding victims. But I don't find it plausible anymore. That sh** is out of the way, for real, and the seemingly swift and expert way the perp navigated throughout the crime gives me chills.

What got me from early on is how quickly the crimes "went down", and the relatively small area where it happened.

As a hiker, there's nothing really "remote" about the bridge and the general area around it. To me. it's just an abandoned railroad property not many people know about, even a lot of folks in that specific part of Indiana (before these horrible crimes happened), but a cool place to hang out for kids, young and old. I've hung out at such properties and public areas since high school, roughly 30 years ago. I'm 43, now, and still get a thrill when discovering such places.

My hunch is our perp took advantage of the "cool factor" of the property in question, and decided to make an attempt to strike on a relatively mild February day. A day he knew some local kids would have off from school. A day where there was a clear shot of the bridge from the CS.

JMO

Do you know any similar places where you live? I can think of quite a few, two within walking distance, in suburbia. I think they are everywhere there is open land and probably many places in very built up areas as well. I imagine all it takes is to go to a random new place and spend a few days working it out. Think Israel Keyes, the railway rapists in the UK in the 80s - they enjoy the reconnaissance. Drive into a town, look at a map, spend a day or two to walk around a few likely spots, get the lay of the land, plot your escapes, survey who walks by to know if a suitable victim will present when you are ready. If you go random with that first selection of a town, the meaningfulness of the location and time and victims with regards to the murderer is vastly reduced. He is there because every town has a place suitable, and every town has vulnerable girls and women going about their business, exercising outside or walking from place to place.

I hope this is wrong and he has links to the place, because unless he commits this sort of crime again and stuffs up, I am not liking their chances. I had no idea they released the image so soon after the girls were found. I can only imagine how confident this would have had them, and six months later, how worn out they must be.

I wonder what time it was when the 70-ish year old saw the couple under the bridge and whether they were on the north bank or the south bank.

And I wonder also if old man with flanell shirt saw a car with the pair? (RL spoke of a car the girls may have entered).

I believe they just meant "taken" as in "taking a photo," rather than "obtained" [from her cell phone]. LE has clearly declined to acknowledge whether or not they have the actual phone. Jmo

JMO...
If it had been worded "taken ON Libby's cell phone" I would completely agree with you, because it would imply the image was taken by Libby using her phone.
"Taken FROM Libby's cell phone, at least to me, implies they have the phone and retrieved the image directly from the phone and not an archival source (like the cloud).
Eventually they'll let us know.
:daisy:
JMO.

IMO this all happened very quickly.
seems they were dropped off and were to be picked up in a short time. Libertys dad was there at what 3 30?

I still think these girls saw this man doing something and the guy couldnt take the chance of being found out.
I think he has a record and had spent time in jail... there were ppl around so it appears so this tells us they saw the guy not the girls and heard nothing. This was a quick killing because there were 2 of them.. He led them to where he killed them and then was gone.
I do not believe this was a sexual assault.

All JMO.

RE: Whether they had the actual phone or not. I found this 'buried' news clip from April 27, 2017. I don't recall seeing it shared, if a rerun I apologize.You have to FF to the 1:34 mark as there is an unrelated story at the beginning of the video.
The video demonstrates how the Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce would use technology to retrieve data from a phone. The reporter says data was "pulled off Libby German's cell phone" (1:42 mark). If you pause at the 2:13 mark you'll see the machine being used says "Cellebrite" at the bottom (link below for more info). At that same mark you'll hear the reporter say "pulled off Libby German's cell phone by this team". Getting info off Libby's phone is repeated again about the 2:38 mark. Based on what's said in this clip, I tend to lean toward them having the actual phone, but that's just my opinion. From a technology standpoint it's fascinating what they're able to retrieve.

Indiana Computer Crimes Against Children Taskforce assisting in Delphi murders investigation
[video=youtube;wSKDQTfJtks]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSKDQTfJtks[/video]

And here is the Cellebrite website for more info: https://www.cellebrite.com/en/home/

JMO...
If it had been worded "taken ON Libby's cell phone" I would completely agree with you, because it would imply the image was taken by Libby using her phone.
"Taken FROM Libby's cell phone, at least to me, implies they have the phone and retrieved the image directly from the phone and not an archival source (like the cloud).
Eventually they'll let us know.
:daisy:
JMO.

Do you know any similar places where you live? I can think of quite a few, two within walking distance, in suburbia. I think they are everywhere there is open land and probably many places in very built up areas as well. I imagine all it takes is to go to a random new place and spend a few days working it out. Think Israel Keyes, the railway rapists in the UK in the 80s - they enjoy the reconnaissance. Drive into a town, look at a map, spend a day or two to walk around a few likely spots, get the lay of the land, plot your escapes, survey who walks by to know if a suitable victim will present when you are ready. If you go random with that first selection of a town, the meaningfulness of the location and time and victims with regards to the murderer is vastly reduced. He is there because every town has a place suitable, and every town has vulnerable girls and women going about their business, exercising outside or walking from place to place.

I hope this is wrong and he has links to the place, because unless he commits this sort of crime again and stuffs up, I am not liking their chances. I had no idea they released the image so soon after the girls were found. I can only imagine how confident this would have had them, and six months later, how worn out they must be.

But that is just it~~~doing reconnaissance~~~wouldn't someone in town or a nearby town have noticed him? Diner, McDonalds, gas station, hotel?

He arrived at the bridge at 3.30, at the parking area at 3.14. right? My point was it took 6 months (5 months and 29 days) to get this info that was all.

He called Libby at 3:11 and 3:15 and yes, was at the bridge by 3:30p. It took this long to find out who was to pick them up and that a 70-ish man reportedly told DG that he saw a couple under the bridge. It would be useful (perhaps) to know when the man saw the couple and on which bank of the river - at least for me - as I wonder if perhaps the couple was BG and one of the girls.

I wondered this same thing. Why was this info kept confidential? Maybe because they did not want the immediate community to focus on DG because of his criminal record..partly to protect him and partly to get the public focus in identifying BG?moo..

He called Libby at 3:11 and 3:15 and yes, was at the bridge by 3:30p. It took this long to find out who was to pick them up and that a 70-ish man reportedly told DG that he saw a couple under the bridge. It would be useful (perhaps) to know when the man saw the couple and on which bank of the river - at least for me - as I wonder if perhaps the couple was BG and one of the girls.

Sigh... it seems like each piece of information just leads to more questions.

I googled some bridge pics and can't find one that shows a good place to hang out under the bridge, unless it's the area to the west of the bridge. Maybe that drone video can give us a better idea? If the couple was under the south end of the bridge that opens up even more questions.

BG could very well have made it look like he and one of the girls was a couple.

I still think it's possible that the girls went down the hill to take pics of the water/bridge and encountered a bad situation while down there. Somehow, when they saw BG, they knew he was bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk