IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I commented on his jeans yesterday because it puts him in a certain age category. Even for workwear, it's hard to find brand new jeans *that* wide. To me these look like he's worn them for a while. Older jeans.

So many men dress like him. It's your typical white guy attire in many areas. What stood out to me is these specific jeans seem dated. From the 90's. Yes, there are still wide legged jeans on the market, but something about this specific pair is much more vintage. Maybe I'm drawn to them since I manufacture clothing and I have a fairly good eye for detail. I could be completely wrong.

Yes you can still buy wide legged jeans, but not as many companies are manufacturing them. IMHO he does not come across in his pictures as a 20 or 30 something. The way he lifts his leg and the gait are not youthful.

I'm 56 and I've worn those jeans for over 25 years I think. They're loose fit and comfortable, and I am overweight some. I get em now via amazon. loose fit levis 560. I live and work in the city. I wouldn't know a thing about a rural or ag job. Those style pants are ubiquitous in Indiana.

I just joined and this is my first post. In regard to his blue jeans determining his age- that style of jeans is usually an older generation's choice; however, if he shops the thrift store, that's what he would find so I don't think his dress in this instance determines his age. Second opinion, regarding the dates of death being different. My opinion comes from working for both Dallas newspapers for over 5 years. I worked the obit desk and the family writes the obituary. The funeral home calls it in to the newspaper. In today's world, it's posted on the website by the funeral home after the family writes it. The family is under great stress and isn't focused on dates at this point. They only remember the last day that the person was alive to them. I hope that helps end the debate over the difference in the dates of death and the age of the jeans.

Agreed. I am tired of watching people argue it. My step sister was murdered and honestly we didn't know what DAY she was killed. It was around midnight. My family picked the date she was found. No one questioned that or checked it. We wrote the obit and dealt directly with the newspaper. I have also lost other family members where we wrote it and just submitted it. One family might put the date they last saw them and then the other might put the day they were found.

So, LE is back at the scene, 2 reporters have noted it and are on site and :::crickets:::

Maybe info from a tip?

Is it ok to hope they have the suspect in custody and he divulged something pertinent to the case? Wishful thinking.

Megster - with all due respect - any time 2 young kids are murdered and left in the woods, those who find them and those who have to clean up all the aftermath (including the investigation) are going to be upset. They had to see the scene, they have to watch the autopsies, they have to face the family, they have to continue to review the photographs, THEY have the permanent images that do not fade with time.

The only person not upset about this is BG.

Solequinox thanks is not enough.LINK

https://instaud.io/Mwt audio
I just listened to you enhanced audio & my first impression was 'initially 'it sounds like he 'either 'could be in the process of doing something 'strenuous' OR perhaps he 'took a deep breath 'prior to speaking like he was attempting to give orders & not sound anxious?

Please 'anyone' reading ~tell me what you notice.Or perhaps I am trying too hard.
Sorry to quote myself.I was going to answer you question over in thread #8 when it closed. My fault we had been warned it was to close in 10 min. Anyhow in my opinion the enhanced audio Solequinox submitted was significant enough to repost.
I had to take a short break. Is there anything in this thread that I need to go back and look at?

re: the "dad jeans" thing: around my part of suburban Boston, the younger guys don't wear jeans much at all, and if they do, they're slim-legged.
:cow:

Buying to fit the waist is why I'm interested in the jeans. In general, it's older gentleman who need to buy such huge waist-sized jeans that the legs end up way too baggy. Hence, my guess that he's mid fifties.

I know someone is going to bring up an example of young men who are husky. My statement was referring to the GENERAL dimensions of older men compared to the GENERAL dimensions of younger men.

I'm glad I don't have to buy my jeans based on waist size because I'd look just like these guys.

State Police Leaving crime scene:
[video=twitter;834825923191066624]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/834825923191066624[/video]

Megster - with all due respect - any time 2 young kids are murdered and left in the woods, those who find them and those who have to clean up all the aftermath (including the investigation) are going to be upset. They had to see the scene, they have to watch the autopsies, they have to face the family, they have to continue to review the photographs, THEY have the permanent images that do not fade with time.

The only person not upset about this is BG.

I agree. They should be shook up, its natural. Just like everyone else is here. My point was I personally have never seen LE so visibly shook up during a press conference. Unfortunately we have a ridiculous amount of missing women and girls in Indiana and we rarely get a press conference. It just spoke to me about how horrible the scene must have been, and they must have something that leads them to believe it was planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. They should be shook up, its natural. Just like everyone else is here. My point was I personally have never seen LE so visibly shook up during a press conference. Unfortunately we have a ridiculous amount of missing women and girls in Indiana and we rarely get a press conference. It just spoke to me about how horrible the scene must have been, and they must have something that leads them to believe it was planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nor have I

I commented on his jeans yesterday because it puts him in a certain age category. Even for workwear, it's hard to find brand new jeans *that* wide. To me these look like he's worn them for a while. Older jeans.

So many men dress like him. It's your typical white guy attire in many areas. What stood out to me is these specific jeans seem dated. From the 90's. Yes, there are still wide legged jeans on the market, but something about this specific pair is much more vintage. Maybe I'm drawn to them since I manufacture clothing and I have a fairly good eye for detail. I could be completely wrong.

Yes you can still buy wide legged jeans, but not as many companies are manufacturing them. IMHO he does not come across in his pictures as a 20 or 30 something. The way he lifts his leg and the gait are not youthful.

They look like the jeans you can buy at walmart for about $18 a pair. The guy's overall appearance reminds me of my husband's age range of friends, all of whom are men who work with their hands whether on cars, tree felling, contracting, heavy equipment, lawncare, snowplowing, or what have you. He is 47 and I really believe that this perp is going to be in a similar age range, as people often sort of "lock in" to a style of dress, or hairstyle, or makeup application or whatever once they hit a certain age and just stick with what they know after that because it's easy (which explains why one person in my town still has her 1987 hairdo, which is hilarious). And this outfit DOES look like the guy locked into this style in the 90s like some have pointed out, like my husband did when we started the family and he fel linto a routine with his work and decided what fits and suits his needs and is affordable. I would suspect this guy isn't a drifer at all, actually, but probably hasn't been at the same place for 30 years either unless he's a trucker (which sort of covers both bases). But his clothes have that long-worn, easy, comfortable, habitual look to them that suggest this has been the appropriate style of dress for his line of work and lifestyle for many years.

IMO the clothing perfeclty well suits a mid-to-late 40s man who works outside and frequents tractor supply stores and walmart and kmart for their clothing. If nothing else, I can at least confirm that people that age DO dress that way in NY and PA but I really can't imagine you won't find a single mid 40s to 50s man dressed like this in ALL of Indiana (which is how some people in the previous thread made it sound).

State Police Leaving crime scene:
[video=twitter;834825923191066624]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/834825923191066624[/video]

Uh that was a quick visit. Mmm what could they possibly have looked at?

People in the area need to start asking themselves questions--like who is off on Mondays from work or who called in sick on Monday from work. Somebody has to know something or someone is in complete denial. that's how these sickos go under the radar for years sometimes-family and friends cover for them or explain away strange behavior. People can never say 'oh, he would never!' because usually these psychos are your so-called 'average neighbor next door'. It would just be so hard to believe this wasn't planned--the clothing he was wearing, the fact that some crazy trolling for young victims wouldn't think of an abandoned railroad on a Monday would be a place to find school aged kids. Look at the fathers of family friends or schoolmates. Only a local would know if this place is one where he'd likely be caught in the act of hurting these two girls. May God bless them and their families and help find a quick resolution to this case and put this devil away!

Uh that was a quick visit. Mmm what could they possibly have looked at?

Has it rained since the girls were found? They might be pulling the footprints. There were wellies in a bag yesterday I believe. I don't know if those ended up being related to the bomb threat or this case since that was a few jumbled pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther