IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funeral homes are usually set up to accept dontations for specific funerals. I believe it is also set up in a way that no more than what is needed is accepted. IMO, there is no need for random donations. There are no laws in place to control how the money is spent. When you donate to these causes it's basically a gift. The receiver can spend it how they see fit. So unless you are ok with buying someone a vacation or a new TV.....don't donate.

I do not understand how this little girl ended up living in this particular trailer park. I mean - I know about her grandfather and all that - but it's pretty clear that all the SO's were open knowledge there, right? The mom even discussed it with her dad before she moved in.

So, what on earth would prompt a mother to move her little girl, who had been sexually abused by at least two different men just a year earlier to even consider bringing her child there? I am not mom-bashing (yet), I am seriously confused by how this could have happened.

I am wondering if there is something way more evil (if that's possible) going on here.

"Aliahna’s stepgrandfather said at a candlelight vigil Monday that the girl suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder brought by abuse she suffered on two different occasions last year in Iowa. Story said the people who were responsible were caught by police, but he had no other details.

He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble."
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289983/1002/LOCAL

"...He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble."

This is the part that hurts; she, at her young age, showed compassion yet no one returned it to her. Poor baby girl. Parents should always have open communication with their children and yet in this case she was 'not telling'. How long did that go on and where was parental monitoring? Did she tell her parents, was the danger close to home or was she ignored and finally told someone in school? Stockholm syndrome in one so young is... :maddening:

Why is it that with every case we think/say 'this is enough' but then there is another that comes along, like this one, that just tears you apart. We thought after Zahra there had to be an end; sadly there wasn't.

Found Deceased IN - Alejandra Gutierrez, 10, Fort Wayne, 8 Dec 2005

"Gutierrez, 10, was last seen at 9:50 a.m. leaving her home in the 4000 block of Clinton Street for a bus stop at Calhoun Street and Branning Avenue. She was reported missing at 9 p.m. Thursday after her mother returned home from work and could not find the girl, a Fort Wayne Police Department report said."

from WS archive...the area sounded familiar....

Found Deceased IN - Alejandra Gutierrez, 10, Fort Wayne, 8 Dec 2005

"Gutierrez, 10, was last seen at 9:50 a.m. leaving her home in the 4000 block of Clinton Street for a bus stop at Calhoun Street and Branning Avenue. She was reported missing at 9 p.m. Thursday after her mother returned home from work and could not find the girl, a Fort Wayne Police Department report said."

from WS archive...the area sounded familiar....

That is quite a bit south of the trailer park. More downtown.

Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/12/28/aliahna-lemmon-benefit-fund/?hpt=ng_mid

A fund for the family for expenses and counselling. Great, Mum gets paid for all the hard work she did on Farmville.
Sorry, trying to catch up and there's so many posts.

There should be no benefit fund when something like this happens to a child! Sorry if that sounds cruel but I've watched a case like this before and all that left over money goes to the family for whatever! Usually a funeral home will step in and take care of the expenses of burial.
As far as I'm concerned these people should NOT make one little penny off the death of their daughter. This family is the one who put here in harms way!! :banghead::furious:

MOO

"...He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble."

This is the part that hurts; she, at her young age, showed compassion yet no one returned it to her. Poor baby girl. Parents should always have open communication with their children and yet in this case she was 'not telling'. How long did that go on and where was parental monitoring? Did she tell her parents, was the danger close to home or was she ignored and finally told someone in school? Stockholm syndrome in one so young is... :maddening:

Why is it that with every case we think/say 'this is enough' but then there is another that comes along, like this one, that just tears you apart. We thought after Zahra there had to be an end; sadly there wasn't.

Oftentimes, child molesters lure kids with toys, food, trips, even a warm place to be for a little bit. What she GOT out of the deal may have been more than she wanted to give up. Bless her if this is true. I've seen it plenty from my early years in social service work. :(

I'm going to try to do this diplomatically, but I have seen this kind of home situation before.
The sending the kids off to other people, the unsafe number of people in one house, the constant moving and changing phone numbers.

Some call it poverty, and I've spent my whole life surrounded by it. I grew up in it, most of my siblings grew up in it and are living their lives now the same way they lived their lives when they were younger. No drive, no ambition, just, as others have said, survival.

The kids are usually fed, but fed well? Not so much. Instead of cooking, they buy prepackaged crap with food stamps, because it's easier and doesn't require too much clean up afterwards. Most of the time, it's convenience foods that the kids can microwave themselves. The heat might get shut off, or the car might not have gas to get the kids from school, but the internet always stays on. half the time you can't call because the cell phone ran out of minutes, and you simply have to wait until they switch to a company they don't owe, or they find a way to put more time on the phone.

The houses are usually dirty, and I see a lot of hoarding, they won't throw anything away, because they might need them later. Even the broken toys, and the outgrown clothes, everything mixed together, so the kids don't have anything nice to play with, and half the time, their clothes don't fit right, or anywhere near right. Coats and boots are usually not bought, so they wear the same jacket whether it's 50 degrees or -5, and the same tennis shoes year round.

I don't see that much abuse, but neglect is rampant. I can't tell you how many times I've asked after one of my nieces or nephews and been told, "Oh I don't know, it's so hard to keep track of that kid." Meaning that as long as they can call and be told the kid is fine or see them at some point between waking up or going back to sleep, they just assume the kid is okay. There's no checking of friends or babysitters, the kids simply go wherever their care is cheapest. There's no talking to them unless they do something wrong or the parent needs something.

The houses themselves are usually roach ridden all year, and flea ridden in the summer. Half the time the heater doesn't work and the other half of the time the air conditioner doesn't work. If they can pack three bunk beds in a room, they'll have six kids in the same room, or a couple kids sleep on couches or floors. The kids usually have to dodge broken windows, and broken down furniture, as well as everything else that the parents have the ability to fix, but not the drive. My sister and her four kids all lived in a 600 square foot travel trailer at one point. I have literally seen it all.

It's sickening, but it's life for a decent percentage of the country, and it doesn't matter what part.

I do not understand how this little girl ended up living in this particular trailer park. I mean - I know about her grandfather and all that - but it's pretty clear that all the SO's were open knowledge there, right? The mom even discussed it with her dad before she moved in.

So, what on earth would prompt a mother to move her little girl, who had been sexually abused by at least two different men just a year earlier to even consider bringing her child there? I am not mom-bashing (yet), I am seriously confused by how this could have happened.

I am wondering if there is something way more evil (if that's possible) going on here.

"Aliahna’s stepgrandfather said at a candlelight vigil Monday that the girl suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder brought by abuse she suffered on two different occasions last year in Iowa. Story said the people who were responsible were caught by police, but he had no other details.

He said Aliahna felt bad about telling on the men because she didn’t want them to get in trouble."
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289983/1002/LOCAL

If a child in your family was abused by 2 different men would you not follow up on the court case and know what the outcome was. He didn't have any other details...excuse me !!!!:banghead:

Don't kid yourself Jayarre. He knew. He knew ALL the details - you can bet on it. He just knew that sharing those details would only fuel the fire. Betcha. Betcha the two guys that abused her where know to the family (and still are).

Selective memory.

JMHO

If a child in your family was abused by 2 different men would you not follow up on the court case and know what the outcome was. He didn't have any other details...excuse me !!!!:banghead:

I am getting the feeling (imo) that people are told what they want to hear in this extended family. Not all the details or the full truth. Grandma's defense of the murderer on Nancy Grace sounded like a PR campaign. Again all imo.

Maybe some one else can say it clearer than I am.

3 little girls.

Sent two doors down to stay.

To stay in a mobile home where their RSO grandpa had just died not 3 weeks earlier.

A mobile home where a single male with a questionable past was also staying.

These girls had their own beds - not 2 doors down. WHY WHY WHY have them spend the nights there? No idea. None. They could have been brought home at any time during the evening/night to sleep. Said "questionable background" babysitter could have walked the TWO DOORS DOWN to get them in the mornings.

There is SO MUCH MORE to this case. Why these 3 little girls couldn't sleep in their own beds just TWO DOORS DOWN is not logical. The question arises as to just what was going on in their house TWO DOORS DOWN at night that they couldn't be there? In their own beds? Instead, sent to sleep on the floor two doors down.

Wonder if anyone saw a bed coming out to be put in storage?

This case makes me sick to my stomach - literally. I haven't felt this sick since Zahra.

Not sure I want to hear what is going to be said tomorrow. Well, maybe - if they decide to charge "mom" with neglect or endangerment.

JMHO

At this point, I wouldn't be so sure any of the children even had beds at their own house. Maybe not even a Christmas tree. The only thing we heard about a Christmas tree was NG saying it's a time when the little girls should have been home around their Christmas Tree with presents underneath the tree. If it turns out to be true that there were 6 children living at the trailer of TS or even 5 children, then that in itself is a reason for CPS to be involved long ago. Not enough beds or bedroom and girls can't sleep in bedroom with boys, at least that is the CPS laws here in Va. This makes me sick.

I have a feeling that the PTSD, was not only terror from what happened, but terror of what could happen "if she told." Now, was she told not to tell? And by whom? The two men? Someone in the family?

A few years ago a little girl here was tragically killed in an auto accident. The family needed help with funeral costs so a fund was set up. However, the money went to the parents who gave none of the money to the funeral home, they bought a used car with the money. I hate to be jaded but I am very careful where these kinds of donations are involved.

Even in cases where DH and I know the deceased, we will not make a donation if it is to be made "to the family". This happened last summer with a former colleague of DH's, and we were skeptical about how the donations would be used. There was no mention of an educational fund for the grandchildren, cancer research, hospice care, etc. - just that donations could be made "to the family". We simply could not bring ourselves to write a check without knowing how the money would be used. A week or so later, DH talked to another former colleague who said that she and her husband felt the same way and that they did not make a donation "to the family". Some might not agree, but this just doesn't seem right to me. jmo

There are more articles about this. One said that the 8 year refused to get on the bus home and wouldn't let her siblings go as well. She then told a teacher about the abuse. Allegedly, she said, "We are not going home because he will be there and he will hurt us."

Isn't it funny how an 8 year old can stand up for herself and two other siblings and their own mother would not? While that case is not related to Aliahna's. I again, go back to the mother, TS, in this case and wonder why an 8 year old can have that courage and a 28 year old, thrice married, mother of 5-6, can just hand her kids off like a baton and not look after their welfare.

bolded by me.

I'm reading as fast as I can trying to catch up with this thread, so I may have missed something, but here is my question: If Aliahna's sister told a teacher that she wasn't going home because "he will be there and he will hurt us" isn't the teacher obligated by law to report this? And was it reported?

bolded by me.

I'm reading as fast as I can trying to catch up with this thread, so I may have missed something, but here is my question: If Aliahna's sister told a teacher that she wasn't going home because "he will be there and he will hurt us" isn't the teacher obligated by law to report this? And was it reported?

Different case. Not Aliahna.

bolded by me.

It happened in another case.

Well he might as well 'fess up because to my way of thinking, there's not much more heinous than cutting someone up. :maddening:

I can think of 2 things more heinous. Raping the child victim first then murdering her. I know how you feel mtm.

Sorry, if this was already covered (missed a lot of the discussion) recently:

I'm interested in how Plumadore was introduced to the sex offender grandfather. How did this relationship begin, and how did it develop/progress over time? In other words, did the grandfather facilitate the introduction of Plumadore to the children as some form of payment for the care he got?

lemmons prior cell mate lives there and introduced the two of them schumaker I think is his last name. and plumadore needed a place to stay, he was taking care of the grandfather in exchange for living there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500