GUILTY IN - Alissa Guernsey, 16 mos, beaten to death, LaGrange, 28 March 2009

Another thought springs to mind-what about a wrongful death claim against the pediatrician?

Dr John Egli was her pediatrician, if facebook is correct. And the prosecutor was Jeff Wible.

Thank you Believe and Princess for taking an interest in Alissa's case. :woohoo:

I have so many questions about this case.

What happened to Alissa's two siblings who were also in Shaffer's care?

Who is running the Facebook pages? Is either page associated with the "friend" who was accused of misappropriating funds in this article? http://articles.southbendtribune.co...53934_1_facebook-page-lagrange-county-website Where are the FB admins getting their info? There are a ton of accusations that aren't showing up in the news articles.

My heart breaks for the mother. Her baby was kept from her for months and when she finally saw her, she had to see her body in that state. I can't shake those images from my mind.

Fascinating info at this link including someone claiming to be Alissa's grandmother chiming in: http://www.justice4caylee.org/t5379-alissa-b-guernsey-15-months-2009-dekalb-lagrange-county-in

and this gem (BBM): "Testimony from Shaffer’s parents described Alissa Guernsey as being “challenged” and “an extreme handful.”

Shaffer said the young girl would spend a lot of time staring off into space and had poor coordination. She said she and her husband did what they could to make special arrangements for her, including installing baby gates and removing hard objects. At one point, she said, they considered getting a helmet for the girl, who seemed prone to bruising and falls."

:furious:

She was a TODDLER. Toddlers are a handful! Installing baby gates and removing dangerous things from your home are not "special arrangements," it's what you do when you have a toddler in your home!

Fascinating info at this link including someone claiming to be Alissa's grandmother chiming in: http://www.justice4caylee.org/t5379-alissa-b-guernsey-15-months-2009-dekalb-lagrange-county-in

and this gem (BBM): "Testimony from Shaffer’s parents described Alissa Guernsey as being “challenged” and “an extreme handful.”

Shaffer said the young girl would spend a lot of time staring off into space and had poor coordination. She said she and her husband did what they could to make special arrangements for her, including installing baby gates and removing hard objects. At one point, she said, they considered getting a helmet for the girl, who seemed prone to bruising and falls."

:furious:

She was a TODDLER. Toddlers are a handful! Installing baby gates and removing dangerous things from your home are not "special arrangements," it's what you do when you have a toddler in your home!

I see. It was Alissa's fault that she was beaten to death.

Glad Shaffer and her parents cleared that up.

I was looking at the FB page for this case, and they seem very desperate to get 25k signatures by the deadline. I believe they said that if they reach that goal, the Obama administration will look into the case. Um....is that true? I find it doubtful. There has to be many petitions on that website that have gotten 25k+ signatures. I'm not even sure what the president can do. IDK I just see them working tirelessly to get these signatures, and I just don't see anything coming from this online petition. :/

I was looking at the FB page for this case, and they seem very desperate to get 25k signatures by the deadline. I believe they said that if they reach that goal, the Obama administration will look into the case. Um....is that true? I find it doubtful. There has to be many petitions on that website that have gotten 25k+ signatures. I'm not even sure what the president can do. IDK I just see them working tirelessly to get these signatures, and I just don't see anything coming from this online petition. :/

Its true. If you check out the Steubenville rape case, it seems likely that the petition to the White House, which reached that threshold, triggered the DOJ intervention into the case.

What Alissa's supporters want is someone to look into extending this beyond the body crime. There is a lot of material to work with, I think, but I am way outside of the case. I just think this lady is worth taking a second look at fwiw. I dont know if they can get any additions to the body crime, like second degree murder or something like that, but I bet there are other things to get her for. Like the drugs. JMO.

I signed both petitions. The one for the white house that is seeking to get 25,000 is now up to 19,000. I also shared this on my facebook. This is an absolute outrage. If the county or state refuses to do anything, I hope that the feds can come in and do something.

My signature refers to a case where the feds stepped in and are perusing charges because the case cried out for justice. Baby Alissa cries out for justice.

I signed both petitions. The one for the white house that is seeking to get 25,000 is now up to 19,000. I also shared this on my facebook. This is an absolute outrage. If the county or state refuses to do anything, I hope that the feds can come in and do something.

My signature refers to a case where the feds stepped in and are perusing charges because the case cried out for justice. Baby Alissa cries out for justice.

Yes I agree completely. It does cry out for another look.

I'm not sure how current this is, but there's a petition to re-open her case:

http://www.change.org/petitions/ind...tion-for-the-fatal-beating-of-alissa-guernsey

There's a message from Alissa's mother, Kelly Sprunger, on there.

Really, I'd love to see this case on Dr. Phil.. something controversial like that, where the right questions will be asked, and attention is national. This is such a shocking breach of every concept and system of child protection, it NEEDS to be aired like the dirty laundry it really is!!!

I signed and all Web?leuersat know about this to stop them from killing the children ; ( Were not going to let them get away with that . RIP little Children !

MsFacetious thank you for bringing this case to our attention. You are an angel for that reason alone.

I was up all night & again this morning reading & reasearching. Looking into the different FB pages & any MSM that i could find. My heart just ACHES for sweet baby Alissa. Just simply hurts. I have cuddled my toddler a little tighter today & have found myself a little softer too. Alissa is a perfect little soul & is touching more lives EVERYWHERE more than some of us are able to do our entire lives!

I will be checking in here from time to time, but PLEASE if you or anyone else knows of something regarding her case, or ANYTHING that I can do from afar, please post here & let us know!!

Sweet baby girl Alissa, I am going to love my babes & all of those in my life, even more, every single day. and that's just the beginning.....

It was posted on the FB page that the Dr. Phil show is planning on doing a show on this case.

any publicity is good publicity, but if the family is appearing they should have frank conversations with producers on whether or not they are going to be "surprised" during the show.

I never did see any mention of the Dr Phil episode.
Probably wasn't a money maker for him.

It does appear that Inside Edition will run it in July.

"What's wrong with Alissa?"

"STOP saying that!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...943.1073741830.349487388442918&type=1&theater

Can you imagine the FEAR of Alissa's poor sister as she listened to her baby sister gurgling?

Watched her baby sister slumping forward and not talking.
Heard Christy yell at her to "STOP" asking what was wrong with her baby sister.

I hope that little girl has had a lot of therapy and is doing okay. :please:

Recap of Alissa's horrific case...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...908.1073741827.349487388442918&type=1&theater

I'm reading the FB page linked above, how the hell can a child murderer get away with no murder sentence? Is the murderer walking around free? I just don't understand why the hospital staff , ME , etc didnt scream that this precious baby was murdered. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back