IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen this in my newsfeed for days but today is my first day to check on the thread. Nothing was taken / stolen in this home invasion? TIA

I have seen this in my newsfeed for days but today is my first day to check on the thread. Nothing was taken / stolen in this home invasion? TIA

LE hasn't completely specified but have inferred some thing(s?) was/were taken.

Among other things:

They made a comment during the (worth watching) presser that indicates something, at least, was taken.

The only dead person in this case is Amanda, so...

Jill Disis
✔
@jdisis

"How can you take something from a dead person and want to sell it?" Hite asks.
8:03 AM - 13 Nov 2015

The made a statement about it being about robbery and then an apparent encounter/murder with Amanda happened simply based on her being there when he went to rob them and she was basically 'in the way' of that plan:

We believe that the people saw this as a home where they could get in and take some things. It just so happens that Amanda was home ... and she was murdered," said Indianapolis police Capt. Craig Converse.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...olis-pastors-wife-was-seen-video-cops-n463116

They've not specified/confirmed every single thing taken from the first robbery either, though we've heard laptops and tvs.

A few random thoughts I had overnight:

Police have said they have video of the suspect on the blackburn's front porch. Do we know the time of that, other than between 6:11 and 6:45/6:55? It could show if he knocked and spoke to Amanda first or if the door was unlocked and he just walked in. Could suggest if she knew him and welcomed him in right away or he stood there giving a sob story and she attempted to help him.

The photos look pretty clear & bright, like daytime. There was a lot of talk on the first thread about how much video stills can be enhanced. Do we know what time he left the Blackburn home?

I'm curious how much time he was actually in the residence and if his sole purpose was robbery or something else.

Did he just get lucky that the owners of the first house were out of town or did he know? I am wondering if he's connected to those people somehow, repair person, co-worker, mail carrier (if they stopped mail while oot), do they have teenagers (whose friends would know they were oot)

Someone on the last thread posted that they thought this looked like a white guy with a shaved head - I just wanted to point out that he has a light colored hood over his head, so we can't see skin color or hair at all. I can totally see why you thought that, though!

A few random thoughts I had overnight:

Police have said they have video of the suspect on the blackburn's front porch. Do we know the time of that, other than between 6:11 and 6:45/6:55? It could show if he knocked and spoke to Amanda first or if the door was unlocked and he just walked in. Could suggest if she knew him and welcomed him in right away or he stood there giving a sob story and she attempted to help him.

The photos look pretty clear & bright, like daytime. There was a lot of talk on the first thread about how much video stills can be enhanced. Do we know what time he left the Blackburn home?

I'm curious how much time he was actually in the residence and if his sole purpose was robbery or something else.

Did he just get lucky that the owners of the first house were out of town or did he know? I am wondering if he's connected to those people somehow, repair person, co-worker, mail carrier (if they stopped mail while oot), do they have teenagers (whose friends would know they were oot)

We don't - but LE seems as far as both of the above bolded.

Witnesses spotted a man in the neighborhood that morning who was also caught by surveillance video standing on the Blackburns' front porch near the time of her murder.

And then the time of the shots and the SUV speeding away.

A neighbor heard possible gunshots between 6:45 a.m. and 6:55 a.m. Tuesday and home security video shows a dark SUV speeding from the neighborhood, Hench said.

So while we don't, LE would know when exactly he went to the Blackburn home and left.

Also, per the presser, at least one witness actually saw him walking away from the first house. The same witness also saw him walking from the Blackburn home.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on that same occupant of that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound away from the area of the Blackburn residence."

And with multiple witnesses along with the video I think LE has a very clear idea of timing, etc.

Assistant Commander Eric Hench said the suspect was seen by multiple witnesses in the suburban neighborhood where the Blackburns lived.

LE also has video from inside that first house:

He said the man, who was wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt, was described by neighbors and was caught on surveillance video inside the burglarized home.

LE just seems to have a reason not to get into any more specifics timeline wise, etc.

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime...being-shot-home-i/npMNR/#sthash.sJzo0nTb.dpuf

http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20151113/3553033/Indy-Police-Tout-Leads-in-Pastor-Wife.htm

http://www.wyff4.com/news/service-p...e-shot-to-death-by-suspected-burglar/36427018

http://www.wthr.com/story/30511206/...manda-blackburn-killer-were-coming-to-get-you

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/indiana...s-wife-amanda-blackburn-seen-on-surveillance/

I am not sure where that is coming from because the police certainly hasn't said nothing was taken. By the PC I think it shows items were taken from the Blackburn home as well. I think by now Davey has been able to tell them what is missing.

This is a quote from the PC about it.

Lt. Riddle says detectives are working with Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband, to determine what was taken.

"I know our detectives are working with the husband to figure out exactly what may have been taken and would lead us down a path of further investigation to see if we can find the killers," he said.

The driver needs to realize that he may or may not get charged with capital murder as well. So if the driver was stashing the items while the other perp went back. Then the driver may not be able to get charged. But if the driver was simply waiting down the street to make sure the police wasn't rolling through; Then the driver could be implicated in a felony capital murder as well.

Even if they didn't want this to happen. So maybe the driver should confess now to burglary 1 but deny any involvement with robbery 2 while testifying against the main culprit for a reduced sentence on the burglary charge.

But if he is caught before turning himself in. Then I'm sure the DA will charge them both with capital murder. Jmo

Agreed.
In my state, the hand of one is the hand of all.

Someone on the last thread posted that they thought this looked like a white guy with a shaved head - I just wanted to point out that he has a light colored hood over his head, so we can't see skin color or hair at all. I can totally see why you thought that, though!
That was me, and I was just trying to guess what the guy might look like. The hood doesn't look puffy to me...looks like it fits his rounded head very close to the scalp. That's why I guessed shaved head (or very, very close cut.) I also can't see any skin, but I felt like he looked white...just from the shape of his body and his gait. (I know he's not moving, but he's walking in the still.) Sorry if that was confusing.... I'm just hypothesizing. They must have better footage than this!!

How much can one expect to get for stolen, used electronics?
Not much here

I've transcribed about 95% of the first part of the presser, omitting some of the intro from Captain Converse. It's not 100% verbatim because the sound quality was poor in places, and I had problems with buffering. All of the pertinent details are correct, however. (found it)

Approx. 1:20 in the video

Captain Craig Converse

I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected.

And her husband, he left home at 6:11. We believe the people committing this burglary saw this as a home that they could get in, take some things. Well, it so happened Amanda was home, 12 weeks pregnant. She had her little baby in the crib upstairs...and she was murdered.

We've had a great outpouring from the community and the neighborhood. A lot of people have come forwarded with descriptions of cars. A lot of people have cameras on their homes. We have a lot of information to go through. And that's what we're doing.

[...]

It's unbelievable how many people have approached us and given us tips to work off of.

We know who killed her, at least we have a picture of him. We don't know the name. And the person was seen by a number of people on the street, and also our timeline can place him... puts him there...

Approx. 3:20 in the video

Major Eric Hench

[...]

I know Captain Converse really takes this close to heart. He's an outstanding homicide investigator and captain. He's been in homicide for over 12 years. And this one really gets ya.

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occurred about 6 o'clock.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

At this time I won't be able to release a photograph or a detailed description, although we anticipate being able to do so at some point in the near future.

Continues with admonitions to possible accomplices and/or those who have information to come forward; and a warning/promise to the killer: "You are not as good as you think you are. You left behind evidence. We will find it, and we have found it. And we will find you, and we will not stop until we get you."

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

I totally agree. Also, as some WS's have pointed out, I'd be willing to bet the family farm (wished i had one ha ha) that (seriously) my opinion) ;

1) They have his DNA from the scene

2) They know he is African American from the DNA

3) He's not in the data base

3) It's his lst kill.

4) They have no freaking clue who he is unless they get a tip.

5) They didn't get the SUV's license number. (license plate covered with piece paper)

6) I bet throughout all the footage he had his hoodie hanging over his head.

7) LE strategically didn't show that picture to shake the guys nerves up. Let perp think they have a lot more than they do. Hopefully he'll start sweating a lot around girlfriend, losing his temper, washes clothes for lst time in life, suddenly leaves town, etc.

It is such a really really tragic crime to such a sweet loving woman. I don't the time of morning the crime occurred is unusual 'cause meth heads are often up 24/7. i still think it is possible it was targeted from someone in the church. When my kids were little I took them to a similar type church. Charismatic. Large. Incredible music. Diverse populations which i thought was cool, a senator sitting next to a homeless guy, etc. Most of the people i thought were wonderful, but a few real nutters. This one chick told me my daughter was filled with demons because she was scared some of the kids in her 2 year old class would keep hitting her. My son was told evolution was from the devil (sorry Dr Carson),...my adult children still speak of some of the scarring.

Question: When we had a series of break-ins in our old neighborhood, they said they never do more than one in a day 'cause they wanted to get in out. Is it common place to hit more than one in a morning or was it just that 'group of ****s in our neighborhood at the time?

I just want to say, if you are hiding someone, and reading here, or even if not, you will be severely punished.
If you are hiding someone, and that person will later go to jail for this, you will be found too, and your babies will suffer.
If you are found, defender of a murderer, you will get your justice too.
Call, anonymously the police, while you still have a chance to stay out of jail.
Call them, or the rest of the world will know, and your kids will hate you for the rest of their lives.

I am not sure where that is coming from because the police certainly hasn't said nothing was taken. By the PC I think it shows items were taken from the Blackburn home as well. I think by now Davey has been able to tell them what is missing.

This is a quote from the PC about it.

Lt. Riddle says detectives are working with Davey Blackburn, Amanda's husband, to determine what was taken.

"I know our detectives are working with the husband to figure out exactly what may have been taken and would lead us down a path of further investigation to see if we can find the killers," he said.
Right. I had just read a post speculating that nothing may have been taken in this house because Amanda was home and so the perp left earlier than expected. But it seems they were able to get their hands on a few things before being discovered.

ETA Was the previous break in a home invasion as in the owners were home? I wonder if they gave a description and / or had any contact with the perp , like spoke with him at all.

Would they know he's "light skinned" African American from DNA?

I am not very knowledgeable about DNA testing.

<modsnip>
Wow. He is so strong.

Much, much more put together than I would ever be during this heartbreaking time. I'm female, and that might make a difference, but I don't think I could ever be that well spoken and deliver such a proper interview. What a tragedy for the little man, as well.

Although it is very painful, I would love to see Amanda's parents and sister give an interview. Maybe they did at the Celebration. I wasn't one of the 6500 who tuned in.

Why are they saying "two-toned hoodie"? It's clearly a lighter colored hoodie under a dark jacket.

I'm also wondering if Amanda said or wrote something down. If not, there have to be better photos that have not been shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member